[WIP] HXRTC HUD Platinum v0.60

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
RubyEyeShabranigdu
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [WIP] HXRTC HUD Platinum v0.21

Post by RubyEyeShabranigdu »

I just tested with some "Brutal Stuff"! I always loved this HUD! But you are making even better, much better!

Thanks! :D
Dynamo

Re: [WIP] HXRTC HUD Platinum v0.20

Post by Dynamo »

FelesNoctis wrote:
Dynamo wrote:Perfect :thumb: That is a very good change! Is support for Doom CE also planned while you're at it?
It wasn't, but I can add it to the suggested list. Just to confirm, are we talking about these? https://www.moddb.com/mods/doom-ce
Yup, that is indeed the one!
FelesNoctis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [WIP] HXRTC HUD Platinum v0.20

Post by FelesNoctis »

Dynamo wrote:
FelesNoctis wrote:It wasn't, but I can add it to the suggested list. Just to confirm, are we talking about these? https://www.moddb.com/mods/doom-ce
Yup, that is indeed the one!
I may do that next then. Shockwave may be gone for an extended period of time, so without his digging up all the actors and such, things will be going slower. Those would probably be much easier to handle in his absence than some of the things on the list. :P

In other news, the next release coming has Brutal Doom 64 in it, and I did new powerup icons to go with it. I was missing a "mini berserk" icon for the indicator, so I made one myself. I think it came out fairly well.
CusMiniBerserk.png
CusMiniBerserk.png (3.64 KiB) Viewed 2245 times

EDIT:
Doom CE support is done. PSX's weapons worked right out of the box, so there was only a little fiddling for powerups and the mugshot. D64 was a little more involved, but not by much. I'll probably make the v0.30 release official tomorrow after I've had some rest and reviewed everything, but if you're in a hurry, it's all on the repo.
FelesNoctis

Re: [WIP] HXRTC HUD Platinum v0.30

Post by FelesNoctis »

v0.30
  • General:
    • Major version change would have happened in 0.21, but the connection to BDv21 was just too good, so you get it here instead.
      Master Presence token added (HXSYS_HUDACTIVE) to allow reliable detection of the HUD by other mods.
  • Bottom-Right Panels:
    • Keys Bar positioning and sizes have been adjusted for oversized keys, such as Doom64 keys, for supported mods
  • Mod Support:
    • Beautiful Doom 7.1.6
      Brutal Doom 64 v2.5
      Doom CE 3.1.3: Doom64
      Doom CE 3.1.3: PSX
      Supercharge
Zonky

Post by Zonky »

This is awesome! Looking forward to seeing what mods are added, if you don't mind I wanna suggest a few

Lt. Typhon
DRLA (if possible, this shit is complicated so I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't)
Dusted's Pandemonia

Once again love this, I REALLY hope I don't come off as a demanding ass hat :oops:
FelesNoctis

Post by FelesNoctis »

Zonky wrote:This is awesome! Looking forward to seeing what mods are added, if you don't mind I wanna suggest a few

Lt. Typhon
DRLA (if possible, this shit is complicated so I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't)
Dusted's Pandemonia

Once again love this, I REALLY hope I don't come off as a demanding ass hat :oops:
All added to the suggestions list! You didn't come off as demanding at all, I'm always looking for suggestions :P
Spoiler:
TL;DR:
Mod complexity for the HUD is surprisingly hard to predict, so just throw ideas at me, it's fine! Shockwave and I plan things out ahead of time as we gather the data I need, so we're rarely caught off guard.
ShockwaveS08
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Android 10

Post by ShockwaveS08 »

I've got a suggestion for future support: Faspons Doom
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=48985

You'll be able to repurpose the HXRTC Gold "rage meter" to track the player's Adrenaline. The more you kill, and the more violent the killing (bigger weapons, gibbing, etc.), the higher it will rise; once maxed out, lesser enemies will flee in terror from the player as Adrenaline steadily depletes. Might want to make the rage meter a different color once the "fear" status is in effect.
FelesNoctis

Post by FelesNoctis »

ShockwaveS08 wrote:I've got a suggestion for future support: Faspons Doom
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=48985

You'll be able to repurpose the HXRTC Gold "rage meter" to track the player's Adrenaline. The more you kill, and the more violent the killing (bigger weapons, gibbing, etc.), the higher it will rise; once maxed out, lesser enemies will flee in terror from the player as Adrenaline steadily depletes. Might want to make the rage meter a different color once the "fear" status is in effect.
Added to the list!

Also, in other news, Lt. Typhon receives the honor of being the first to get HUD Animations! She was a good test subject gracious volunteer for this, considering her berserk box.

I'll be redoing various parts of the HUD in a future update to incorporate this into everything else, likely part of the "2.0" update. Yes, I know I haven't even hit 1.0 yet, though at this point I could probably just call it that. And yes, HUD Animations will have a "Low Motion" setting in the menu for those that don't want it. There's several large overhauls on the horizon, including kicking all those console warnings to the curb, so 2.0's the best place to focus on them. First, getting the requested mods out of the way!
macius

Post by macius »

Any plans of adding support for Zagemod?? It would be great
FelesNoctis

Post by FelesNoctis »

macius wrote:Any plans of adding support for Zagemod?? It would be great
I don't see why not. Doesn't look like it's to complicated at a glance, mostly just class differences. We'll take a more detailed look through it when we have some time.
ClessxAlghazanth

Post by ClessxAlghazanth »

Hi ,

HXRTC Hud has been one of my favourite huds ever (NCHUD being the other) and been using it a lot since PB 2.03 days

I'd like to make some suggestions if you don't mind :

-Trailblazer
-Russian Overkill
-Malice
-Heretical Doom
-Walpurgis
-Voyage Infernal

Best regards
James Flasch

Post by James Flasch »

Just a note: this HUD doesn't seem to have a display for the demon keys in Domm 64 CE. Any reason why? Also, any plans to expand this HUD to Heretic / Hexen?
FelesNoctis

Post by FelesNoctis »

James Flasch wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:27 pm Just a note: this HUD doesn't seem to have a display for the demon keys in Domm 64 CE. Any reason why?
On my dev version I have a permanent display on the left side, I'm not sure how far back that goes. However, when you have the Unmaker selected as your current weapon you'll see three pips below your current ammo.

Here's what it looks like in the soon-to-be-released version, though you should still have the current ammo pips:
Spoiler:
---
James Flasch wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:27 pm Also, any plans to expand this HUD to Heretic / Hexen?
That's a big maybe. I'm still working on being satisfied with it for the Doom side of things!
FelesNoctis

Re: [WIP] HXRTC HUD Platinum v0.55

Post by FelesNoctis »

Nazis have been spotted!

TERMINATE WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE

v0.SS (v0.55)
  • Bottom-Left Panels:
    • Artifact Pieces panel added for use with any mod that uses the 3-step weapon powerup system.
  • Settings:
    • Mod-Specific settings section added. Right now this only contains the toggle to force WolfenDoom layout.
  • Mod Support:
    • Doom 4 Vanilla 3.2.1
      Doom 64: Retribution v1.5
      Faspons (REL: MAR 13 2020) & (DEV: MAR 16 2020)
      Kriegsland 1: Blutorden v2.4 (ZScript & Orig)
      Kriegsland 2: Untergrund v1.4 (ZScript & Orig)
      Lt. Typhon V6
      Omni-Wolf v1.2
      Supercharge v2.9 (with backwards support for v2.8)
      Weasel Presents: NAZIS V2
      WolfenDoom Enhanced
      WolfenDoom V2
      ZioMcCall's Brutal Wolfenstein v5.5
And a big thanks to Shockwave for keeping me informed when people post in here, as well as getting me off my ass when I was distracted by other projects to actually get this update done. :P
FelesNoctis

Re: [WIP] HXRTC HUD Platinum v0.55

Post by FelesNoctis »

Very minor update:
Shockwave has made low ammo indicators for BDP's grenades, as well as some changes to BD64 v2.5's support in response to the r31 dev version. Note that due to how the rocket launcher was changed, this is not backwards compatible with pre-r31 versions of BD64 v2.5. I've included a link to the r31 file in the Mod Support list.

HXRTC HUD v0.56-dev doesn't have a package ready to go because it's so small. The Experimental version number has a link to the github repo head zip to make it easier.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”