[1.3 WIP] Codename: DEMOLITIONIST

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Marisa the Magician
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): (btw I use) Arch
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [1.2.24] Codename: DEMOLITIONIST

Post by Marisa the Magician »

Hello, I would like to mention that the Pusher has been removed.

It wasn't all that good as a weapon, especially in comparison to the rest of the arsenal. Personally, I rarely if ever saw a reason to use it.

To be honest, I'm just cutting it off early so it doesn't have to suffer the fate of becoming even more worthless after the DLC weapon that would have shared its slot gets introduced.
KynikossDragonn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Void Linux
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by KynikossDragonn »

Marisa the Magician wrote:It wasn't all that good as a weapon, especially in comparison to the rest of the arsenal. Personally, I rarely if ever saw a reason to use it.
awwwwww but the tiny puff of smoke it makes!

And the goofy powered alt fire!
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

The "can't switch to single Explodium via Weapon 2 button" bug is still there, but it's only there until I buy a second Explodium.
Marisa the Magician

OK I think I figured this shit out. Do you have "Check ammo for weapon switch" disabled in gameplay options?

Edit: Well, you probably did, but I fixed it already.
Marisa the Magician

Re: [1.2.26] Codename: DEMOLITIONIST

Good news, everyone! The standalones are back. It's just the healthbars and damage numbers for now, since the minimap will take me a bit longer.

As noted in the first post, they use code from the sidemods (from the Demolitionist Common Library, specifically), so they'll have some differences from the main mod's implementation.

Now, in other news, as far as the mod itself goes, things are still taking a very long time. It's starting to become harder to keep both the master and development branches in sync with some of the fixes I'm doing as I work on 1.3, so that's definitely a sign that this is getting out of hand. I'll probably have to freeze further 1.2 stuff, but I am worried about leaving people with a buggy version until I finally get the major update done.

Ah damn, mod development is hard...
ArchVain12
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: [1.2.27] Codename: DEMOLITIONIST

Post by ArchVain12 »

Hello this mod works on delta touch becuz only gzdoom 4.7.1 dev only?
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

ArchVain12 wrote:Hello this mod works on delta touch becuz only gzdoom 4.7.1 dev only?
As soon as Delta Touch updates to 4.8.0, that should no longer be a problem.
Marisa the Magician

There is no planned support for Delta Touch. This mod uses shaders that don't work on GLES, and disabling them breaks various effects and makes some objects harder to see. In addition, mobile devices lack the raw single-threaded performance required for much of the heavy scripting that's used, as well as graphical performance for the various visual effects (explosions are the worst offender, as they are very dense, causing lots of transparency overdraw which some GPUs have trouble with).
Marisa the Magician

Re: [1.2.30] Codename: DEMOLITIONIST

Introducing the "Alternate HUD Style"

More compact, with a full ammo readout, smoother animations and simplified graphics. This of course is entirely optional, but it's there for those who want it. The styling of it will give you a taste of what to expect in the future Side Mods, as it's based on the same code they use.

Edit: The broken transparency on the Hellblazer display has been noticed and already fixed.
Linz

Post by Linz »

Marisa the Magician wrote:Hello, I would like to mention that the Pusher has been removed.

It wasn't all that good as a weapon, especially in comparison to the rest of the arsenal. Personally, I rarely if ever saw a reason to use it.

To be honest, I'm just cutting it off early so it doesn't have to suffer the fate of becoming even more worthless after the DLC weapon that would have shared its slot gets introduced.

Eh, that's fine, bitch slapping with quick melee was always more fun to me anyway

I'm really looking forward to seeing the DLC weapons in action once they're finished tho
mamaluigisbagel
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11

Re: [1.2.31] Codename: DEMOLITIONIST

Post by mamaluigisbagel »

tbh I rarely used the Pusher too. The only person I think used it a lot was Icarus from what I saw lol

It was more of a fun novelty weapon to me with being able to launch it through enemies, but it wasn't that useful to me.
Dutchygamer

Post by Dutchygamer »

Got a question related to the difficulty levels. A couple of updates ago you switched the difficulty levels around a bit, introducing some changes for the various difficulties. I made the assumption that "Demolition Day" (second difficulty from the top) used the Ultra-Violence levels op spawns. Only after playing through various maps did it dawn on me that this wasn't the case; it uses the "Hey not too rough" levels of spawns.

Seeing as the "Mostly Harmful" difficulty mentions Ultra-violence, I assume that this difficulty corresponds with Ultra-violence levels of spawns. As this difficulty level also adds some other changes (increased monster aggressiveness and health), I was wondering if there is a way to have the gameplay of "Demolition Day" (aka no modifiers), but have the spawns from Ultra-violence? I've already tried playing around with the skill command, but that seems to get overwritten when changing maps.

If the answer is "no" then that is also an acceptable answer :)
Marisa the Magician

I can tell you that normal UV without modifiers would still be easy. That was added for a reason. :p

Also Demolition Day is the direct HMP equivalent. Just Blasting is the HNTR equivalent. The "baby" skill was removed because it would be absolutely trivial.
shino1

Post by shino1 »

If you wanna cut weapons, do you have any plans to revamp Deep Impact? Because right now it's waste of a slot. I genuinely have no idea in what theoretical situation I could even use it. Did Explodium Gun at some point have a basic ammo limit? Because since now you can't run out of ammo, Deep Impact has literally no purpose whatsoever.

(Also I think it's funny that weapon that pushes enemies with gusts of air is named Deep Impact after a movie about drilling into an asteroid, but a drill is named Pusher).
Linz

Post by Linz »

shino1 wrote:If you wanna cut weapons, do you have any plans to revamp Deep Impact? Because right now it's waste of a slot. I genuinely have no idea in what theoretical situation I could even use it. Did Explodium Gun at some point have a basic ammo limit? Because since now you can't run out of ammo, Deep Impact has literally no purpose whatsoever.

(Also I think it's funny that weapon that pushes enemies with gusts of air is named Deep Impact after a movie about drilling into an asteroid, but a drill is named Pusher).

I mostly use it for the altfire really and not much else. And using it to blow back projectiles is kinda pointless when parrying exists
Spoiler:

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”