"I Can't Find This WAD" thread

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
doomos

Re: "I Can't Find This WAD" thread

Post by doomos »

Thanks RKD ! But, this is not the specific mod I meant to, surely ^__^
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

I remember playing a wad a long time ago, I'm pretty sure it was a WIP but it never got an update. It was a single industrial/sewer map with all hi-res textures and it might have been a tech demo for some new technique. I remember there being very well animated water in it. The overall detail level was very high too. I'm remember finding it around 2014-2016 but I can't remember any specifics. It might have had mp3 audio too but I do not know for sure.
Ravick

Post by Ravick »

I'm rly unsure if this is the right place to post it, but I've just noted the example wad for this wiki page is missing.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Looking at the wiki page's history, it was added by Kappes Buur, so that's who you could ask for a reupload.
Frost-Core
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Frost-Core »

Does anyone recognize this WAD? it has daytona usa music and it makes you ride a bike in a map, i saw Aquaris199 play it.
RKD

Post by RKD »

Frost-Core wrote:Does anyone recognize this WAD? it has daytona usa music and it makes you ride a bike in a map, i saw Aquaris199 play it.
You could have just checked his channel:
Is it this one?
Is it this one?
bike.jpg (24.82 KiB) Viewed 3093 times
No idea if the music in there is from Daytona USA since I'm not familiar with that game.
Bnom

Lost killing time weapons mod

Post by Bnom »

so years ago someone on youtube did this wad for gzdoom he even shared the link with the wad but its been 5 years and i think after the game released on zoom gog and steam its safe to say its probably not being finished anyone happened to download it at the time and still has it somewhere? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNlF_xbxzFg&t=10s or any similar mod?
RKD

Re: Lost killing time weapons mod

Post by RKD »

Bnom wrote:anyone happened to download it at the time and still has it somewhere?
I'm not really sure what you are asking for. I followed the youtube link of that video, saw a link to a post in this very forum in the description there and the mediafire link with the mod still works (it's the monsters pack, which apparently was the only one released). :?
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

Ravick wrote:I'm rly unsure if this is the right place to post it, but I've just noted the example wad for this wiki page is missing.
'tis corrected now.
The link works again :D
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

I can't seem to find that one universal mod that let's you lean left and right. Does anyone have the download link to that mod or the name of it?
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

lizardcommando wrote:I can't seem to find that one universal mod that let's you lean left and right. Does anyone have the download link to that mod or the name of it?
Are you thinking of Nash's Tilt++?
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

I don't think that's the mod I was thinking about. I actually just found it. It was the Immerse mod from Josh771.
Hellstorm Archon
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Hellstorm Archon »

Lately, I've been thinking of a weapons mod that was released several years ago; it was fairly simple but had features like reloading and a slightly more advanced HUD than most mods at the time (I think it actually used ACS for said HUD but I'm not 100% sure).

What's also noteworthy is that it has weapon sprites made by Amuscaria. And no, it's not Eriguns (and in fact, this mod I'm looking for actually has the weapon sprites featured in Stronghold: On the Edge of Chaos).

All I really need is the name of the mod and possibly the download link, but I may not need the latter as I suspect I already have it downloaded quite some time ago.

EDIT: I managed to find it; it was a gameplay mod known as GZDoom Advanced! It's kind of fascinating how it was relatively obscure even back in the day. :D
Last edited by Hellstorm Archon on Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

Interesting thread :) Actually I have been looking for one wad - it was a demonstration of vanilla mapping effects, like "sky walls" and transparent doors.
The peculiar part it had a starry night time sky and the music for the map was a midi rendition of Greensleeves. It's not a must or anything, but would love to chill out in this wad, so if anyone recalls it drop me a line eh? :)
Mikk-

Post by Mikk- »

So this is a bit of a random one, but there was this unfinished map from a few years back that was based around a mountainside base with a big red & white radio tower as a focal point. Used a lot of zdoom features. It had really good atmosphere and was just fun to wander around in.

There was also another mod that I've forgotten the name of, it was a Doom 64 based map with lots of exploration where you had to collect six spheres.

Anyone got any ideas?

Return to “General”