Simple HUD Add-ons [Updated April 23, 2024]

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Dudweiser

Re: Simple HUD Add-ons [Updated February 19, 2022]

Post by Dudweiser »

The text for kills etc on my screen is microscopic for the resolution/scaling settings I am using, anything I can do to rectify this? (Level info mod)
Tekish

Post by Tekish »

LevelInfo, PlayerInfo and AmmoInfo all change size with the scaling settings provided in the GZDoom options. To get there, go to HUD Settings, then Scaling Options. Inside there are two options you can use. The user interface scale will change the size (as well as all HUD elements) so long as the messages override below is set to the default. If it's not, then you can change only the text size using that messages override.
Dudweiser

Post by Dudweiser »

Tekish wrote:LevelInfo, PlayerInfo and AmmoInfo all change size with the scaling settings provided in the GZDoom options. To get there, go to HUD Settings, then Scaling Options. Inside there are two options you can use. The user interface scale will change the size (as well as all HUD elements) so long as the messages override below is set to the default. If it's not, then you can change only the text size using that messages override.
Yeah I tried this already but this makes all the other text on screen go so big I can barely see the screen lol. Ive mnaged to change the font to a bigger font which worked, however the kills text and numbers now overlap :(
Tekish

Post by Tekish »

Could you make a screenshot of what this looks like? The text should scale at pretty much the same size as pickup messages. As for the font issue, the add-ons use customized fonts for spacing and positioning - just plugging in a random one will have all kinds of visual problems like the one you're experiencing.
D4N5T3P
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Simple HUD Add-ons [Updated March 12, 2022]

Post by D4N5T3P »

Hi! I'm loving the levelinfo addon a lot! But I was wondering, is there a way to make it so that it didn't show items? I'd like to see just kills and secrets
Tekish

Re: Simple HUD Add-ons [Updated May 18, 2022]

Post by Tekish »

I wasn't planning on adding any new options, but this is an easy change and could be useful for those who don't care about item pickups. It's available as a toggle in the latest version of LevelInfo.
D4N5T3P

Post by D4N5T3P »

Nice! Thanks a lot!
Delfino Furioso

Post by Delfino Furioso »

Hi! I'm working on a tweaked version of this hud:
https://www.doomworld.com/forum/post/2474092

I'd like to integrate your LevelInfo component into it.
Would this be ok with you? Even if I were to share it publicly?

I'd give proper credits to you, of course!
Tekish

Post by Tekish »

Sure thing - feel free to use it however you want.
Delfino Furioso

Post by Delfino Furioso »

thank you!

I've published the end result here
https://www.doomworld.com/forum/post/2474092
ShockwaveS08
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Android 10

Post by ShockwaveS08 »

Is it possible to add a module, for a directional-damage indicator (red arrow style) that's centered close to the reticle? Tons of other shooters already have this feature by default, and the only real directional-damage indicator I've come across is Gerodium's module, which is a fair bit out-of-date, and only shows numerals pertaining to incoming damage. Having a version of this, that works with modern GZDoom builds, would be instant autoload-material for me.
generic name guy

Post by generic name guy »

ShockwaveS08 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:20 pm Is it possible to add a module, for a directional-damage indicator (red arrow style) that's centered close to the reticle? Tons of other shooters already have this feature by default, and the only real directional-damage indicator I've come across is Gerodium's module, which is a fair bit out-of-date, and only shows numerals pertaining to incoming damage. Having a version of this, that works with modern GZDoom builds, would be instant autoload-material for me.
I do know of one, it's exactly what you described
stainedofmind

Post by stainedofmind »

Minor bug report in the HitMarkers module, I got a "tried to read from address zero" error on line 40, and taking a look, there's no check to see if e.thing exists before trying to access fields, which apparently can happen sometimes.
Tekish

Re: Simple HUD Add-ons [Updated October 24, 2022]

Post by Tekish »

I've added a couple more checks that should prevent this from happening in the future. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
Dan_The_Noob

Re: Simple HUD Add-ons [Updated October 26, 2022]

Post by Dan_The_Noob »

MsrSgtShooterPerson pointed me to these mods.

is it possible for LevelInfo to use the name of the powerup pickups? so if for example i have 2 different invulnerability powerups in a mod, it could show both if i picked up both.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”