[RES] Ozy81 Rips - 43 LINKS, CRUSADERS OF M&M ADDED

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [RESOURCES] Ozy81 Rips - UE1 GAMES + U8 Added to List

Post by Ozymandias81 »

I'll see if I can manage to get something out of it, indeed can't grant anything but I am at it right now, just played it a bit and yes, pretty cool and ahead of its time. Also the GoG edition comes out with nGlide, I need to pack that up and run over DNF 2001 Leak, we have lots of issues with render wrappers, though only D3D is the only compiled dll (with software, that's jusr DDraw).

Oh yes I have read the sad news some hours ago... It is really a pity, he was one of the last visionary musicians in the world, I have also found out that in my country (Italy) he is the one who write the music behind Barilla TV advertising sketches, called Hymn.
Ozymandias81

Re: Added Requiem Avenging Angels

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Looking at which could have been the original header file format of those .art files, at least from the common ones we know through years of fps... And since many said that R:AA could have used Quake 2 engine, I have put the hex decoded text over and well, it produced nested folder as if they are a proper resource structure. Probably just a bad attempt, and Dragon doesn't allow me to see those folders because it continues to pop-up various errors obviously. But maybe at least that should be how internal folders are organized? I doubt, but in case I leave the image here. Surely all .art files (D3D, Glide and Software) are very very compressed files. At least I have obviously managed to rip menu graphics, music, sounds and I have also installed the cool font "SMASH" from the game in my OS. Wish I was more smarter in terms of programming and decode the full binary structure, but I'll leave some screenshots here just to show up what happened.

https://ibb.co/x22CwzX

EDIT: Meanwhile updated main OP with resources I have ripped for today from Requiem AA

RE-EDIT: found a very old discussion coming from XentaX forums, about R:AA, doesn't seem anything easy to make rips happen... and damn all links are broken.
Enjay

Re: [RES] Ozy81 Rips - UE1 GAMES + U8 + REQUIEM Added to Lis

Post by Enjay »

Well that's way more than I ever achieved. :thumb:

It's interesting that the music tracks start at track02. I'm guessing that means that the original format was music on CD with "track 1" being the game data. I did actually have a physical copy back in the day. No idea what happened to it though. I've got the GoG version now.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Great, let me know if you will also find something else now that you've the GoG edition, and yes track02 afaik like in Quake 2 modern versions (Steam/GoG).

Meanwhile, uploaded STAR TREK DS9: THE FALLEN resources, which are textures, sounds and music, link always on main OP.
Probably more to come tomorrow.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Added RUNE and X-COM: ALLIANCE links, this is getting out of scheme :lol:
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Then added even NERF ARENA BLAST and replaced with a single download link THE WHEEL OF TIME, both on main OP obviously.
I plan to re-rip Painkiller, Prey and Gothic 1 to put them on single download link, since imgur stuff might be lost from time to time.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Added CLIVE BARKER'S UNDYING, it differs from official R667 link since it has all sounds/music and also all TX files are in .bmp format, there are also menu graphics and HUD stuff.
Added also TACTICAL OPS, with tx, sounds and music (which comes in .umx format).
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Added DEUS EX GOTY, UNREAL TOURNAMENT 99 GOTY and X-COM ENFORCER resources, all comes with music, sounds and textures.

Updated Unready list with more games coming in the nearly future.
Enjay

Re: [RES] Ozy81 Rips - Adding tons of UE1 games, don't miss

Post by Enjay »

Phenomenal resources here. Thank you. I also hadn't realised that so many games had used the original Unreal engine.

Can I make a suggestion that might help people? I think it would be useful if you could post a small selection of "typical" textures (say just 5 or 6 of them) for each game to give a visual flavour of what to expect from the resources of each game. There are several games that I have not heard of, or am not very familiar with, in the list and getting a taste of what their visual style is like might help people.

Of course, I realise that would just add more work to the work that you are already doing, so feel free to ignore the suggestion.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Ah sure I might consider that if I'll feel to "fight" with imgur links (can't use [img] as I used in the past) or just putting up attachments with mosaic preview of a 4 textures for each pack (Requiem wouldn't have any in this case). Will also adjust and adapt some of recent rips for Realm667 repository.

Btw I have found out that it exist an advanced tool called GOBREAD that can rip over 100 games, which ones of them is Messiah. I don't trust much methods that XentaX forums use to allow ppl to download files (or host) from links, you have to pay for each WUT... Need to find out if it also exists somewhere else.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Ozymandias81 wrote:Ah sure I might consider that if I'll feel to "fight" with imgur links (can't use [img] as I used in the past)
You can regain access to the img tag by reading through the rules and clicking the button to agree to them. viewtopic.php?f=48&t=60595
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Ah damn I totally forgot that, thanks wildweasel I'll look into that carefully, at least my images rarely are larger than 800px and for this thread I'll need them mostly wide than taller, so previews of 3 tx 128x128 in a single image will be good I guess.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Alright just added first preview as a test for incoming BLOOD 2 resources (beside music, and models kept with their original extension, where textures have been also convertred to .bmp and kept in .dtx format - might be necessary for models). Updated the main OP, file is uploading atm (350mb huge one if you consider that unzipped is 850, it also have sounds and some .dat file that might be useful to extract animations from models I think). For models it is all explained in the readme file coming with the pack.

EDIT: updated link
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Adding images for each game, preview for 4 random textures, size comes 128x512... REMEMBER: THOSE ARE SCALED, MOST OF THE TEXTURES SHOWN ARE INSTEAD BIGGER, something like 256x256 mostly. And eachr esource pack doesn't contain just textures, some have sounds, music, HUD graphics and even models.
Ozymandias81

Re: [RES] Ozy81 Rips - 36 LINKS, MORE TO COME

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Added HARRY POTTER & THE SORCERER'S STONE, plus included almost all previews beside imgur links (that will be soon replaced) related resources. Also rewrite a bit the main OP and the thread title. Done for today.

Return to “Resources”