Payback/ROGUES Weapons and Characters Mod

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DeeDeeOZ

Re: Payback Weapons and Characters Mod

Post by DeeDeeOZ »

Craneo wrote:Here it is, the reshaded nailgun, also made the heavy nailgun be blue to make it stand out more I guess, I tried lol
Thanks, these look pretty good, I had considered making the heavy nailgun yellow but the blue works even better. Will stick these in soon, just got home from work and need some sleep. Again Thank you they definitely do look better.
EDIT. was impatient and wanted to test them out. The blue really suits the Heavy nailgun, great work :D . these have been added in to Mod.
NullWire

Post by NullWire »

Can we have a KS-23 shotgun?
DeeDeeOZ

Post by DeeDeeOZ »

NullWire wrote:Can we have a KS-23 shotgun?
You all ready do? have the KS-23 in this it the shotgun spawn.
PatCatz2004

Post by PatCatz2004 »

DeeDeeOZ wrote:
PatCatz2004 wrote:Hmmm...
When I try to run the Payback Weapons mod to try it out, I have this error message.
removed the unneeded extra code line and should work now. easy fix. let me know if you have any other problems

EDIT. wanted to add that this was pretty much made to complement the Punisher/Manuhunt enemy replacers so hope this works for you now.
It works now

And well damm, this is actually nice. Thanks for fixing the error thing, mate

(P.S. Grammarly had to fix the "un needed" word back to "unneeded'
DeeDeeOZ

Post by DeeDeeOZ »

Some minor updates to main file
-lowered some of the more obnoxiously loud gun sounds, will be trying to balance this better. worried some might be to soft now
-couple of minor sprite fixes.
-replaced usp and spas12 with different sprites (better angles)
-added some system sounds to menu for old school desktop feel
-replaced mini14 sprites
-finished tranquilizer rifle off(better speed) still not in spawns yet but more fun to use
-adjusted all non lethal weapons to do weak damage for use in my projects
-NEW* better Oa-93 and Galil sprites. Thanks YukesVonFaust!
-more minor sprite fixing

Work still being done/to be done
Spoiler:
also was wondering if anyone had any feedback on weapons and character performance/balancing and if they have run into any main problems
there is a few I'm already aware of
Spoiler:
as always please have fun and thanks for playing my mod :D .
DeeDeeOZ

Post by DeeDeeOZ »

Have updated the main file with bunch of changed stuff (mostly new/adjusted sprites)
still got a couple to tweak more. but should be working on character alt fires. adjusting the Hud and sourcing better quality sounds next
-also making progress on first enemy pack and something else extra.

Could always use feedback (good, bad, meh) on what could be changed or feels good.
As always enjoy and have fun!
Nomakh

Post by Nomakh »

Wow) Nice mod we got here) But can I use character's sprites as well?
DeeDeeOZ

Post by DeeDeeOZ »

Nomakh wrote:Wow) Nice mod we got here) But can I use character's sprites as well?
Thank you. and yes you sure can :) .
The player sprites have a extra aim sprite and clean death sprite for exactly this reason.
I actually have different versions of the players with different colors for translation that I plan to release on civilians/thugs page, that will work even better. But for now feel free to use them if you want. just make sure to credit the original authors (info is in main mods, credit txt)

Edit* -slapped the sprite sheets for the players on the Civilian/ Thugs resource along with credits for anyone to use, more to come both there and here :D
Nomakh

Post by Nomakh »

Goood) Thank you)

Tried your mod - already have a lotta fun with it and... my pre-alpha mod with human enemies as well, yeah) They are almost pure synergy) I see a lot of references to 80-th action movies as well)

P.S. Wildey's here?)
gamergoodboymail115
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by gamergoodboymail115 »

I need help with editing the damage of the S&W 500 mag in SLADE 3 to one-shot kill thing help
Attachments
sw500.txt
(2.72 KiB) Downloaded 181 times
DeeDeeOZ

Post by DeeDeeOZ »

gamergoodboymail115 wrote:I need help with editing the damage of the S&W 500 mag in SLADE 3 to one-shot kill thing help
it will really depend on exactly how much damage you want it to do this will make the SW 500 do a ridiculous 500-1500 damage and extreme death anything it kills. (the damage is the number in fire bullets section was 35,now 500) and you have to add the +extremedeath part to the bullet puffs not the weapon so added a extra bulletpuff for the SW500, If you put this in it should do what you want.
sw500.txt
(2.74 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
gamergoodboymail115
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by gamergoodboymail115 »

DeeDeeOZ wrote:
gamergoodboymail115 wrote:I need help with editing the damage of the S&W 500 mag in SLADE 3 to one-shot kill thing help
it will really depend on exactly how much damage you want it to do this will make the SW 500 do a ridiculous 500-1500 damage and extreme death anything it kills. (the damage is the number in fire bullets section was 35,now 500) and you have to add the +extremedeath part to the bullet puffs not the weapon so added a extra bulletpuff for the SW500, If you put this in it should do what you want.

TANK U. also shared my gameplay tscrn caps on 4chan
Attachments
DeeWeapOn4chans.jpg
DeeDeeOZ

Post by DeeDeeOZ »

New version on main page with different weapon sounds (still WIP let me know what you think) possibly some are to loud and still working on the reloads.
Also has couple of minor sprite fixes.
Nomakh wrote:P.S. Wildey's here?)
Was saving it for something else, but it's in the new version so people can get a Bronson fix.

Been stupid busy in real life again so slow going. But hopefully more progress soon.

feedback welcome as always.

EDIT*. smoothed the firing frames on De.357, De.50, Automag and MRe.44 looks much nicer (in new sounds version)
thugsta

Post by thugsta »

DeeDeeOZ wrote:New version on main page with different weapon sounds (still WIP let me know what you think) possibly some are to loud and still working on the reloads.
Also has couple of minor sprite fixes.
Nice mod so far but is there some quicker way of making all the gloves black instead (even the sleeves if it's easier) as there is a TON to do if having to edit each one, is their any colormap/playpal/translations that can speed up the process?

Anyone any help on this matter?
DeeDeeOZ

Post by DeeDeeOZ »

thugsta wrote: Nice mod so far but is there some quicker way of making all the gloves black instead (even the sleeves if it's easier) as there is a TON to do if having to edit each one, is their any colormap/playpal/translations that can speed up the process?
This is doable in theory, best option would be through slade, have to convert them to Doom graphics first as most of the gloves are still PNG colored and will suffer slight color loss.
(80:97=5.8) will turn the sleeves black and (48:79=104:111) will change the gloves to gray.
these are far from perfect and would still need more work, also can cause with some problems.
-mostly weapons with wood might get changed with gloves and metal highlights will get changed with the sleeves.

still going to be a lot of work to clean up odd colors. But could save you some time. I would recommend just fooling around in slade to see what you can mange its pretty easy to test out translations there.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”