[Wolfenstein: Blade of Agony] v3.1 released (p204)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: [Wolfenstein: Blade of Agony] v3.1 released (p204)

Post by Captain J »

Spoiler: Episode 3 Feedback has finally arrived! Spoilers.
It took a while but here it is!
Last edited by Captain J on Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Keep'em coming :)
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

@Captain J -

Can you repost full links to the dropbox videos? These look like they are shortcuts to a preview or something, and don't work when I try to open them.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Oh shi sorry. Updated!
Casualfan

Post by Casualfan »

Honest question: how different are all the weapons? How different are, say, the MP-40 and the STEN? Do all the automatics have unique ranges, ammo capacities, spreads, etc, or are a lot of them just reskins?
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

Casualfan wrote:Honest question: how different are all the weapons? How different are, say, the MP-40 and the STEN? Do all the automatics have unique ranges, ammo capacities, spreads, etc, or are a lot of them just reskins?
They are all more than just reskins... Mostly just changes to rate of fire and some secondary fire capabilities, but damage and speed of each weapon's tracers (fired bullets) are also tweaked to closer match the real-world weapon that they are based on (this is a feature from the original Nazis mod by wildweasel that that most of BoA's weapons originally came from).

Here are the differences for the "similar" weapons - I didn't include those that are obviously unique:

Melee:
- Knife - Fast and used for stealth kills. Low damage (10)
- Shovel - Slower than knife but high damage (60)
Both become 3-5 times stronger with Berserk (though that feature is not used currently in BoA)

Pistols:
- Luger - Manual fire for each shot; slightly faster tracer, lower average damage (3-17)
- P38 - Automatic (hold down fire to re-fire); slightly slower tracer with higher average damage (6-18)

Shotguns:
- Trench Shotgun - Slow rate of fire, smaller spread of pellets. 5-15 damage per tracer.
- Browning A5 - Automatic shotgun (faster rate of fire) with larger spread. Same per-pellet damage as Trench Shotgun.

Machine Guns:
- MP 40 - Average rate of fire. 9-14 damage per tracer.
- Sten - Faster rate of fire, secondary fire is single shot/burst for ammo conservation. Same damage as MP 40.

Rifles:
- Gewehr 43 - Higher rate of fire, fast reload, and medium damage (26-55)
- Karabiner 98k - Slower rate of fire, slow reload, faster tracer, higher damage (40-65) projectile. Secondary fire is zoomed scope with higher damage (60-85), crouched secondary fire also reduces recoil.
Casualfan

Post by Casualfan »

AFADoomer wrote:
Casualfan wrote:Honest question: how different are all the weapons? How different are, say, the MP-40 and the STEN? Do all the automatics have unique ranges, ammo capacities, spreads, etc, or are a lot of them just reskins?
They are all more than just reskins... Mostly just changes to rate of fire and some secondary fire capabilities, but damage and speed of each weapon's tracers (fired bullets) are also tweaked to closer match the real-world weapon that they are based on (this is a feature from the original Nazis mod by wildweasel that that most of BoA's weapons originally came from).

Here are the differences for the "similar" weapons - I didn't include those that are obviously unique:

Melee:
- Knife - Fast and used for stealth kills. Low damage (10)
- Shovel - Slower than knife but high damage (60)
Both become 3-5 times stronger with Berserk (though that feature is not used currently in BoA)

Pistols:
- Luger - Manual fire for each shot; slightly faster tracer, lower average damage (3-17)
- P38 - Automatic (hold down fire to re-fire); slightly slower tracer with higher average damage (6-18)

Shotguns:
- Trench Shotgun - Slow rate of fire, smaller spread of pellets. 5-15 damage per tracer.
- Browning A5 - Automatic shotgun (faster rate of fire) with larger spread. Same per-pellet damage as Trench Shotgun.

Machine Guns:
- MP 40 - Average rate of fire. 9-14 damage per tracer.
- Sten - Faster rate of fire, secondary fire is single shot/burst for ammo conservation. Same damage as MP 40.

Rifles:
- Gewehr 43 - Higher rate of fire, fast reload, and medium damage (26-55)
- Karabiner 98k - Slower rate of fire, slow reload, faster tracer, higher damage (40-65) projectile. Secondary fire is zoomed scope with higher damage (60-85), crouched secondary fire also reduces recoil.
Ok, that's cool! Thanks for the reply!
Sebrw

Post by Sebrw »

Hi and thanks for this fantastic mod !
I was wondering if there is any way to play it with other maps than the ones from the campaign? Like a weapon/monster/items/hud pack?
I'm a long tome WW_NAZI player and I would love to play BOA stuff with the EPICS or City of the damned or lost civilization series for instance :-)
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

It is technically possible to load BoA's PK3 as a gameplay mod and play mapsets with it. I've even personally cobbled up a defaulter so Doom actors will be properly replaced with BoA's. There might be missing drops if you load the defaulter without ConfisWeaps, though it probably wouldn't be noticeable unless you're playing a really stingy map.

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=60475

Takes a bit of fiddling, not as easy as drag and dropping a couple of files like you would Nazis!, definitely needs a launcher like ZDL to set everything up, but it's very much doable.

Captain J

Post by Captain J »

AFADoomer wrote:Here are the differences for the "similar" weapons - I didn't include those that are obviously unique:
Wait really?? I can auto-fire with Walter? Trench Shotgun and Auto-5 have basically the same damage value?? Huh i didn't know that, especially about shotgun one because i thought trench one deals the higher damage. Hey, good to know!

Tho I wish Walter had a bit of damage boost since it's way slow than luger. If you happen to have itchy trigger finger, luger becomes an efficient damage dealer because you can experience how fast it is.
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

The Walther did got a damage boost, as AFA mentioned. It's just not to the level where it's dead obvious which to pick if you got both it and the Luger.
Heck, the "damage boost on specifically one weapon" thing caused me to rarely ever use the Gewehr, using the Kar in scope mode even when it's ill use at close quarters.
Also, something AFA didn't mention. Single shot on the Sten is somewhat suppressed compared to full auto-ing it, atleast the occasional times I tried using it in stealth missions.
Yhe100

Post by Yhe100 »

fixed
Last edited by Yhe100 on Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ButtonBoy
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [WolfenDoom] Blade of Agony

Post by ButtonBoy »

Tormentor667 wrote:That's looking sweet :) But implementing something like that would increase the amount of effort I'd need to put into this. I won't go overboard in terms of details this time but focus on gameplay, texture usage and overall ambience :)
Wow this aged like milk didn't it?, jokes aside this game is simply drop dead gorgeous. With all the little details and nice touches you and the team added it really makes a tangible difference and it really brings the narrative your trying to tell together and wraps it up in a pretty bow, you can tell the amount of effort put into this game, the only way I could really sum this game up is as a labour of love and I'm so excited for version 3.2 to see what it brings to the table and what it changes, what i would most like to see added/changed is performance. Now I may not have the best rig in the world but it still just runs pretty bad. Now I realise that there is only so much you can do/change in that department but every little bit counts
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Hi ButtonBoy and thanks for your feedbacks, 3.2 will have Cooperative implementation, several sprites fixes, code optimization and overhaul and surely more performance tweak. What are your PC specs? The most important thing when you play a GZDoom mod is the CPU singlecore speed, I said already somewhere that a 3.5ghz should be good for many kind of mods, even BoA, and 2-4gb video are recommended. Use Vulkan for a better performance with AMD cards and avoid Intel graphics integrated gpus, they are still not good for GZDoom in general. There is also the OpenGles render that might help you, and also have a look to capped fps, I suggest to set it to Unlimited, in some situations might help. And turn off reflections.
ButtonBoy
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by ButtonBoy »

Hi Ozymandias81, I'm sorry if I've mislead you I don't have a gaming rig at all. In fact I actually have a laptop. Its processor specs are Intel® Celeron® N4000 Processor (4M Cache, 1.1 GHz, up to 2.6 GHz)
Intel Pentium® Silver N5000 Processor (4M Cache, 1.1 GHz, up to 2.7 GHz) and its graphics specs are Intel UHD Graphics in processor, not the best but I'm happy with what I have and thank you so much for the tips on how to improve performance, thanks again.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”