What games do you play other than Doom?

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Lagi

Re: What games do you play other than Doom?

Post by Lagi »

warcraft 1 - port

need warcraft1 installer from gog

DELTAtheDboi005
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by DELTAtheDboi005 »

I have played the following but not limited to:

wolfenstein the new order
fallout 4
call of duty black ops 1 -> 4
call of duty advanced warfare
minecraft
ark survival evolved (buggy, but great game)
horizon zero dawn
ultrakill
carrion
enter the gungeon
subnautica
killzone mercenary and shadow fall
all of the main halo games
metal gear solid 5
heretic
hexen
strife
littlebigplanet ps vita edition
littlebigplanet 1 and 2
*shudders* littlebigplanet 3 (more bugs than replay value this game)
brawlhalla
gang beasts

i can name a few others but i won't because the list would go on and on. :D
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Been quite engrossed in Elden Ring recently. :P
Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris »

About to start my first play of System Shock and the new Lego Star Wars.
KSPBaron145
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by KSPBaron145 »

I also play these:
Burnout Paradise (2008): A N G E R Y and S P E E D Y chaos
Terraria (2011): uzi go brrrr
COD: MW2 using IW4X (2009): self-explanatory
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

Half-life - understandable, that is my insignia-game, and all-time favourite. Yes, Half-life 2 was good, but the very first installment is the closest to me. The storyline, the characters, and especially the mystic world of Xen enthralls me to this very day. This was the first game, where alien invasion isn't portrayed in the cliché flying saucer-gray aliens-pewpewlazorz way. And G-Man is still a mystery to this day.
Dune 2000 - one of the very best RTS games, an' since I'm a fan of the Dune-series as well, no wonder I enjoy playin' this that much. A very good remaster of Dune 2 it is, an' thankfully, Blizzard wasn't leechin' on this one at all. It fixes several flukes Red Alert had, and the balance between the factions is even better. Ye, sure, the desert landscape gets a bit boring, and the cutscenes are not as good as they were in Red Alert, but the gameplay and the AI is. Since a mission editor was released, it earned a second life, thus, I churned out several maps for it - a LOT harder than the originals.
Dyna Blaster - Heh, I remember I got this on a floppy under the name "Dynamite" about 15-20 years ago. I liked the concept, and every now and then, I take it for a spin. Currently I have the version where you don't die when the clock runs out, an' I prefer this one. I sometimes feel there are too many levels & too few songs, tho.
X-wing along with TIE Fighter - my first Star Wars games these were, and they bring back tons of memories. With the old "ball" mouses, it was a nightmare to play, but now, it's a breeze :) Currently I'm tryin' to achieve perfect score for most missions, where it is possible.
Wolfenstein games - This includes Spear of Destiny, Spear Resurrection and Spear: End of Destiny, as well as Return to Castle Wolfenstein. I prefer games where the storyline was less of a bullshit than today's Wolfenstein-games.
Red Faction - "Try ME, miner!!!" :D :D :D
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Some time ago, on page 1, Enjay wrote:Cyberpunk 2077.
I know that it had a rocky release, still has plenty of glitches, and that it didn't live up to everyone's expectations, but I just want to acknowledge that this has been the game of the year for me and several of my friends since we first started playing it.

I have clocked up an obscene number of hours in it now and, even though it has been a long time since I found anything particularly new* I still have fun just driving into Night City, chopping some heads with my katana, collecting the Eddies (cash) for doing so and then heading back to the Nomad's camp in the desert where I have made my home.

*even though the main plot can be completed pretty quickly, for people who like exploring, there are literally hundreds of minor things to stumble across (in addition to all the side jobs). Most of the time, these will just be a dead body with a data shard nearby explaining how the person or persons met their demise, but it's been fun tracking them down. I'd like to say that I've got them all but after many, many hours of play I was still occasionally finding one or two. So I can't, hand on heart, be absolutely certain that I have found them all. There's probably some dead gonk somewhere that I simply haven't wandered across yet.

Itching to get some substantial DLC - but that won't happen until next year.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Enjay wrote: I know that it had a rocky release, still has plenty of glitches, and that it didn't live up to everyone's expectations, but I just want to acknowledge that this has been the game of the year for me and several of my friends since we first started playing it.
Don't feel ashamed - I've caught myself playing a lot of that, too, lately.
openroadracer
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by openroadracer »

Just want to ask if anyone else here plays RoboQuest and what they think of it. Myself, I think it's really fun, but they're talking about removing the Weapon Category system that makes it where you have to take care to match your Weapons to the Items you pick up to maximize the damage output you can achieve. Secondarily, I'd also like to see them bring up the players' movement speed, but I think I'm slowly getting more used to the movement in RQ.
22alpha22

Post by 22alpha22 »

Between working on my project, lately I have been splitting my time between the following games:

4x4 Evo 2 : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4x4_Evo_2
Sports Car GT : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_Car_GT
Tomb Raider (1996) : https://www.tombraiders.net/stella/tomb1.html
Rise of the Tomb Raider (2015) : https://www.tombraiders.net/stella/tomb10.html

Planning on playing through all of Core Design's Tomb Raiders again, it has been many years, while working through Crystal Dynamics' entries which are pretty good too.
sinisterseed

Post by sinisterseed »

Just recently finished Vice City and Liberty City Stories for the PS2, as well as Resident Evil 4 and playing some Hot Pursuit 2.

Quite a shame the Stories games never came to PC as they were both amazing and basically devoid of all the annoyances and frustration of the other mainline titles - no RC helicopters garbo like in San Andreas or Vice City, I'll always hate Zero's missions... The humor and new characters were quite interesting in both games but especially so in LCS, and it was awesome to see Salvatore being explored more than he was in GTA 3. It also highlights his twist of fate as Toni defends Salvatore from the same roof Claude uses to snipe him down. How the mighty have fallen. And they have indeed, even in LCS Salvatore was on the verge of going insane due to paranoia, little surprise that he betrayed Claude after just a few missions, he almost offs Toni in a cutscene.

VCS was less interesting overall, both the story and the characters (and Lance is even more annoying here than he is VC), but it seems to run on a more modern version of the engine than LCS as it's more eye candy and runs considerably better - this is perhaps the biggest issue of LCS, performance. This game just runs like ass no matter what you do, so you either get used to frequent slowdowns or stop playing. VCS? Rock solid.

As for RE4, this title brings back many memories from school (kind of the *only* good memories about it... ) where I used to play this on a friend's console. Just as fun as it was back then, but the stand off sequence with Ashley where two bridges require raising was just aggravating. Virtually the only frustrating part of the game, as there are way too many enemies around and not enough ammo, I had to play a dumb cat and mouse game to survive, after retrying for over an hour... And even then, I made it out with yellow health and *zero* items and ammo... Krauser was also a bit of an annoyance, but it seems fate played a game on him as well. May have a bulletproof arm, but knives? Yeah, his weakness by far, ten slices put him down for good, both Leon and Ada. Funnily the game itself gives away the weakness in the first cutscene where Leon encounters him - he panics and gets real immediately after Leon lands a nasty hit on his chest.

But, coming back to the bridge section, it actually becomes a non issue after finishing Separate Ways as that unlocks the knight armor for Ashley, making her invulnerable and impossible to kidnap. Since the remake is coming out next year, I hope that sequence gets a rebalance pass just to have it fun and more fair for a first playthrough as well, not just the one where Ashley cannot be harmed. "Hardcore" players can keep the original trash "difficulty" for "Professional" mode if they so desire ;) .
jetstrange

Post by jetstrange »

These are the games I'm trying to finish:
Monster hunter: World (currently)
Wolfenstein: New order
Yakuza Series
No More Heroes
112 Operator
198X
Alien Breed series
Armored Kitten
Axiom verge
Batman Arkham series
Bioshock Series
Blood Fresh Supply
Borderlands series
Bullet Witch
Castle Crashers
Chrono trigger
Contra Anniversary
Dark Souls series
Darksiders series
Dark wood
Dead island
Dead rising series

The list is endless :)! but yeah!
-Stormwalker-

Post by -Stormwalker- »

As of late I've been going back to La-Mulana 1 and 2, as well as the Quake 1 remaster on Steam. Also trying to get all the achievements for Odallus.
Player701

Post by Player701 »

A few personal recommendations from me for those who are into non-action games:
  • For Myst fans, I'd recommend Quern, a solid Myst-like first-person adventure. A bit unoptimized, though - in certain areas, FPS went down to 40-50 with max settings on my i9-9900K/RTX 2080 Ti - and that's a 2016 game! Hello Unity engine... Should probably be less noticeable at Full HD and lower resolutions.
  • For Portal fans, I'd recommend Relicta, featuring unusual gameplay mechanics based on gravity, magnetism, and force-fields. Unlike Quern, optimization is top-notch (hello Unreal engine). I haven't finished it so far because we rarely get that much good weather here, so I haven't spent a lot of time at my PC recently (except for work) - but I'll certainly return to the game later this year. Late-game puzzles look somewhat overcomplicated, so I hope you're up to the challenge. (NB: game not available in my country at the moment probably due to you-know-what... but I bought it way before that.)
  • For retro point-and-click fans, literally anything from Wadjet Eye Games; the highlights are the Blackwell series and Unavowed (a character from this game is actually on my avatar), recommend to play the former before the latter.
QuotePilgrim

Post by QuotePilgrim »

I'm not playing much of anything these days, including DOOM, but these are some of the games that I have played recently(ish):

Kingsway
DemonCrawl
Nethack
Spelunky
A Robot Named Fight

Incidentally, these are all roguelikes. I also used to play The Binding of Isaac a lot, but haven't touched it in months.

Other than that I also occasionally play chess and keep coming back to Tetrio (not a typo) every few months. Plus I've made levels for Baba is You (which may be my absolute favorite game) in the past, and I might make some more at some point, if I feel inspired.

Return to “Off-Topic”