Hands of Necromancy [Full game released!]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Emmanuelexe

Re: Hands of Necromancy [Planned Release: 2022]

Post by Emmanuelexe »

Ozymandias81 wrote:Since I am specialized with, will be there brightmaps in game? Otherwise I might consider to help you with and provide them.
Yes there is brightmaps :wink:

We say Heretic because it has the pace of a Heretic gameplay (fast action when shooting stuff with magic) but it has the mapping with a metroidvania concept, we can use transformations who has attack and competences, it will help you to find your road in the hub maps.

Difficulty of maze will be accessible, not too complicate and there won't be respawning enemies. :)
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Cool! I do enjoy Heretic, although not as much as Doom. I will check the demo as soon as possible! :thumb:
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

JoeyTD wrote:I helped!
I see, you have been mentioned on 2d artists and it is all cool then 8-)
Might I ask, even weapons? Many times ppl forget to build for them... I have checked some screenshots on Steam and I do see some BM here and there
JohnnyTheWolf wrote:I am a bit confused by the description on Steam:
Hands of Necromancy is a Dark Fantasy First Person Shooter and metroidvania game, similar to Heretic, made with the GZDoom engine. Find your weapons, fight evil forces, use the special abilities of special transformations to find your path! Show how powerful you are as a Necromancer!
I am not very familiar with Hexen myself, but I was under the impression that it was much closer to a Metroidvania than Heretic.
Did you play Powerslave Exhumed? With that remaster you might get the idea they mention there, Think I am not wrong (in terms of gameplay)

Emmanuelexe I do noticed JoeyTD reply after all, but thanks for clarifying it again :)
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Unfortunately, no, I have not yet. Is it any good?

Anyway, when I search "Hands of Necromancy", I get two results: the game itself and the free demo. However, the latter does not appear to be available for download yet.

I trust this is merely an error?
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

No, the demo is not yet available.
Emmanuelexe

Post by Emmanuelexe »

Video of the first 30min of the gameplay of the Demo

JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

So unlike Hexen, there is only one class and it can use the entire arsenal? Nice! :D

I look forward to playing the demo.

EDIT: As someone pointed out in the comments section of the video, it is a shame that despite playing a Necromancer, you cannot summon minions. I guess it is too late to rename the game to "Hands of Elemental Magic" or "Hands of Shapeshifting", eh? :lol:
RKD

Post by RKD »

I'm always craving for some Heretic-inspired FPS in my life. Watched 22 min of the video (when entering the factory) and it really looks promising. Map navigates like Hexen and action is like Heretic, but both are simplified to give an overall faster pacing. Also, the music is awesome. :shock:

The opening section could use some more enemies, perhaps. They are too scattered, imo, although I may be comparing it too much to Heretic when it was probably meant to emulate the first level of Hexen. I'm definitely wishlisting this, guys!
JohnnyTheWolf wrote:despite playing a Necromancer, you cannot summon minions
Indeed, overall seems more druidic than necromancer-y. Not that I complain :wink:
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Yeah, "Druid" would have been a snappier title in the same spirit as Heretic, but alas it seems to be taken already. :(
Emmanuelexe

Post by Emmanuelexe »

RKD wrote:I'm always craving for some Heretic-inspired FPS in my life. Watched 22 min of the video (when entering the factory) and it really looks promising. Map navigates like Hexen and action is like Heretic, but both are simplified to give an overall faster pacing. Also, the music is awesome. :shock:

The opening section could use some more enemies, perhaps. They are too scattered, imo, although I may be comparing it too much to Heretic when it was probably meant to emulate the first level of Hexen. I'm definitely wishlisting this, guys!
JohnnyTheWolf wrote:despite playing a Necromancer, you cannot summon minions
Indeed, overall seems more druidic than necromancer-y. Not that I complain :wink:
Yes! That was the point for the gameplay, a mix of Heretic pace gameplay and exploration like Hexen but easier :)
Thanks for the music ^^ Its made by Luke Jansen, he made a lot of retro fps remix on youtube

Yeah, for the first map, we supposed there was too many enemies for a first map so we removed a lot of them...

I was thinking about Necromancer at the beginning of the project because using dark magic, evil creatures as transformations, an item resurrect you when you die to the start of the map and one weapon later can give you health taken on the enemies dead but yeah, maybe just "wizard" stuff.
Mooney

Post by Mooney »

Hell yeah, looks awesome.
Emmanuelexe

Post by Emmanuelexe »

The first part of the OST of Hands of Necromancy is released!

The OST was made by Luke Jansen, who has made many remixes of retro fps.
We are releasing 7 tracks for free, you can hear them in the videos of the demo and the stream.

To get the 7 musics, you can get the mp3 here:
https://www.retrogamemusic.org/originals-luke-jansen

Or listen the musics in his youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXOm21p ... QcXSxHFTGh

At the release, there will be 5 other musics to download.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

When are you releasing the demo?
Emmanuelexe

Post by Emmanuelexe »

Informations about it soon but not for now
Regios

Post by Regios »

From a first look, this reminds me of Shadowcaster. Looking forward to it!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”