Disaster Jester v10: 'Spittin' Teeth and Kickin' Ass'

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
LossForWords

Re: Disaster Jester v6b: Crisis on Infinite Hangars (12/03/2

Post by LossForWords »

Might be an issue with the mappack itself, since it seems to use custom weapons.
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

LossForWords wrote:Might be an issue with the mappack itself, since it seems to use custom weapons.
maybe. but it's again the closest mod that managed to work more or less with the mod itself. cause usually 1 of 2 things often happen. either 1. you get the weapons from the main mod itself. and can't switch to them. or 2. you get the new weapon from the gameplay mod. but it doesn't fill up your ammo for it. so usually it'd be just either your pistol or possibly the chaingun. i can pick up the MP40 from a dead SS Guard. and be able to use it and switch from that weapon and the others in the mod
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

I think that's the pack's custom assets clashing with the mod.
Anyways, shouldn't be much of a problem, maybe it can be patched.
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

LossForWords wrote:I think that's the pack's custom assets clashing with the mod.
Anyways, shouldn't be much of a problem, maybe it can be patched.
that would be cool. cause imagine seeing Harley Quinn in the world of Wolfenstein. i think also that if the keys can be fixed as well. it could be good to go as well on top of the other issues mentioned
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

I have no idea what the key glitch is, but this should fix the machinegun spawns.
Load after WolfenDoom and before DJ.
Attachments
DJWolfPatch.wad
(409 Bytes) Downloaded 38 times
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

LossForWords wrote:I have no idea what the key glitch is, but this should fix the machinegun spawns.
well on the 1 hand it does work with the weapons the SS guards drop. but there's still the key problem. cause a lot of the levels within the mod. combined with this gameplay mod. it seems like the keys are replaced with something else thus locking you out of progress. like i played only the 1st 2 levels of the original missions. before i ran into the trouble of not getting any keys to use on locked doors. hell even the bosses who drop keys upon death usually don't do it
LossForWords

Disaster Jester v7: The Sounds of Comedic Justice (01/04/22)

Post by LossForWords »

April 1st. When Harley first dove into pure madness. Can you believe it?
That's right. a new version, spicy and filled with content's coming right up!
And i've got A LOT to mention here, so hold on to your seats.
Changelog:
-Charlie and Bertha make enemies explode into cute health bonuses that disappear overtime.
-Changed the Flamethrower's sound effects, and increased it's range, and now enemies set on fire don't drop flames when dead.
-Overhauled Harley Talk system! (Credits to Jekyll Grim Payne)
-Improved sound quality on a handful of taunts and sound effects, removed background noise on Assault On Arkham clips.
-Bazooka overhaul, new sprites and rocket turret altfire.
-Fixed issues with the Corkgun's missing puff, Thumper's projectiles not moving with moving floors and not spawning with the proper offsets.
-Added new explosive barrels, with colored explosions.
--New intro animation and game over screen. Shooting while the intro animation's playing will make Harley pop her bubble and draw her gun faster, in case you run into a hot start.
-Lowered the combo counter to 3.
-Cork-Shot now pushes enemies away.
-New Contingency Plan sprites, based on a certain Futuristic Robert's piece.
Grab it here, and grab it now!
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

MrRumbleRoses wrote:
LossForWords wrote:I have no idea what the key glitch is, but this should fix the machinegun spawns.
well on the 1 hand it does work with the weapons the SS guards drop. but there's still the key problem. cause a lot of the levels within the mod. combined with this gameplay mod. it seems like the keys are replaced with something else thus locking you out of progress. like i played only the 1st 2 levels of the original missions. before i ran into the trouble of not getting any keys to use on locked doors. hell even the bosses who drop keys upon death usually don't do it
Unfortunately, i have no idea how to fix this. The way WolfenDoom does the key/chaingun spawn thing can't be fixed by just a patch, i believe.

EDIT: Updated the mod again, and the patch. Changed the internal name of the Machinegun to prevent clashing.
Can't make any promises, but i tried.
Attachments
DJWolfPatch.wad
(457 Bytes) Downloaded 31 times
Last edited by LossForWords on Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

LossForWords wrote:
MrRumbleRoses wrote:
Unfortunately, i have no idea how to fix this. The way WolfenDoom does the key/chaingun spawn thing can't be fixed by just a patch, i believe.
who knows. it would be nice if someone made the WolfenDoom mods have a version to where gameplay mods can be used. caus again. how awesome and funny would it be to see Harley Quinn in Wolfenstein. well. i guess for now, i can have her in Doom 64 & Heretic to name a few
LossForWords

Re: Disaster Jester v7: The Sounds of Comedic Justice (01/04

Post by LossForWords »

If nothing works, Operation Arctic Wolf + Bratwurst/Kriegsland Monsters for that Harley vs the Reich experience.
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

LossForWords wrote:If nothing works, Operation Arctic Wolf + Bratwurst/Kriegsland Monsters for that Harley vs the Reich experience.
now that sounds interesting
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

Updated again, minor this time.
Harley does a flying kick when kicking in mid-air.
Same damage, but faster and with a stronger forward thrust.
Renamed the frosting grenade's sprites, to prevent conflict with certain wads.
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

Minor update, and an announcement.
Fixed the ending theme not playing properly, tweaked some stuff, and finally added Batman Doom compatibility!
Link in the first post.
MrRumbleRoses

Re: Disaster Jester v7: Holy Compatibility Patch, Batman!

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

with the latest update and stuff. i just had to give it a whirl. hahaha. https://twitter.com/MrRumbleRoses/statu ... 02/photo/1

Edit: so, with this mod playable with the Batman Doom Reborn mod and trying it out a bit. one thing i would recommend if possible. make the enemies. common enemies at least drop weapons and or ammo. so far i've been having to deal with using my fist and saving ammo for my main gun. also. for the main mod itself. i'd recommend Harley not to deliver a kick for the final blow when doing the melee combo stuff. cause it's something that can't seemed to be stopped. and it can get ya killed in some situations
LossForWords

Re: Disaster Jester v7: Holy Compatibility Patch, Batman!

Post by LossForWords »

Alright, updated the combo. The kick and uppercut are now separate, and slightly faster than before.
Also, here's a patch you might be interested in. Finally solved a certain mod's long standing problem.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DKNFiE ... Hg35v/view

Return to “Gameplay Mods”