BlooM - DooM/Blood crossover

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
morb
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: BlooM - DooM/Blood crossover

Post by morb »

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:
Serathis wrote:
JohnnyTheWolf wrote:Is a DooM/Duke Nukem 3D crossover (Dooke NukeM 3D?) coming next? :)
I think it already exists.
I know several mods that port DN3D weapons and enemies to Doom, but I have yet to see a mod that blends the two games like BlooM did with Doom and Blood.

If done well, I reckon blasting Former Alienmen, Imp Cops, Cacobrains and Fatso Commanders ought to be fun. :wink:

So long as something is done about the fucking Protector Drone to make it not annoying, that is.
it may not be a zdoom project but there's WGRealms Demon Throne (eDuke32 "TC")
Serathis

Post by Serathis »

Ozymandias81 wrote:Hello guys! While we are going to release soon a special Christmas update for BlooM, where we will publish distinct versions for GZDoom and Zandronum, do not forget to vote us for ModDB Mod of the Year competition!

https://www.moddb.com/mods/bloom-doomblood-crossover
I'm starting to sense a trend here!
doomjedi

Post by doomjedi »

This is a truly inspiring and fantastic mod, I'm a big fan.

Keep it up!
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

I really love this! The level design and music is amazing 🤩
Bofubutt

Post by Bofubutt »

This is great - atmosphere, level design, everything. A solid 9/10. A few items of feedback, but given that this is complete, I don't expect that they'll necessarily be addressed:
Spoiler:
Overall, everything about this is so full of atmosphere and character that I can't help but be in awe of it. The spritework and level design is particularly amazing.
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Thank you everyone for feedbacks and playtesting guys, do not miss the ModDB Mod Of The Year Competition 2021, we still have 2 days to escalate quickly to the Top 10. Updates for Zandronum will come soon too, stay tuned!

https://www.moddb.com/groups/2021-mod-o ... #vote31535
Colerx

Post by Colerx »

The game is great excellent job! tested also in coop mode Marine + Caleb. is really wonderful!
About the gameplay for me it would be a blast if someday will exist an addon to make it like "Brutal Bloom" which applies to Marine and Caleb weapons.
I've quickly tried this in addition to Bloom and seems playing very well for the little I tested,
The little idea I had was also like to extract weapons from "Re-Blood", with creator permission, to Caleb class mixed with that bdv21 file for Marine class and would be perfect! I will have a try if I can get anywhere, unfortunately it will take time just to understand...

Good job again
r&r

Post by r&r »

Wads that are good play with this mod

Try the Army of Darkness Updated version
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=71435&p=1201912

as it fits and works pretty well
and put the files in these order too
" Bloom.pk3 aoddoom2updated.wad "
Colerx

Post by Colerx »

just finished the game! finally I had some free time
Spoiler:
Very nice I enjoyed it a lot!
RubyEyeShabranigdu

Post by RubyEyeShabranigdu »

This project is really nice!
Anyone knows if this project still in development!?

Anyway, thanks for this cool crossover! 8-)
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

RubyEyeShabranigdu wrote:This project is really nice!
Anyone knows if this project still in development!?

Anyway, thanks for this cool crossover! 8-)
Thanks for your kind words, and yes it is still supported sporadically, I will soon invest some time to make a proper version for Zandronum.

BTW guys, the NHT's Asciimov BlooM OST Collector's Edition, within a superb promotional present of the Garth Arum project The Fireflowers Tale has been delivered to me, and I have included it in my personal blog, go check it out and support these artists too! :wub:
RubyEyeShabranigdu

Post by RubyEyeShabranigdu »

Thanks for your kind words, and yes it is still supported sporadically, I will soon invest some time to make a proper version for Zandronum.

BTW guys, the NHT's Asciimov BlooM OST Collector's Edition, within a superb promotional present of the Garth Arum project The Fireflowers Tale has been delivered to me, and I have included it in my personal blog, go check it out and support these artists too! :wub:
You Are Welcome!
Keep the good work! :D
Zeroandneko
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Zeroandneko »

I just recently played through the wonderful mapset you put together with this mod and let me just say that you have some true vision here. The way that you combined Doom and Blood maps into a single experience was an absolute delight.Keep up all the awesome work and thank you for everything you have done!
Unregret
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 9+1

Post by Unregret »

I check Chasecam; Doomguy is actually shorter than Caleb xD
mike3k
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by mike3k »

Great mod really love the mixed monsters - especially caco with wings. Using voxels is really amazing - it breath some fresh air into levels. Weapons are generally great - still would be great if some weapons had better textures especially colt, sawed-off and single barrel shotgun, really super average looking and colt is kinda super weak - no accuracy and no power. wac flamethower got some strange animation when changing to this weapon. Also some attacks from monsters are really hard to see - like caco mix it quite fast and "bullet" is difficult to see. Pitchfork/fist should be somehow improved - now they are almost useless like all melee weapons - with exception of chainsaw - since they got no real damage, range and add to this most monsters are now somehow quite fast - even faster they were in blood. It would really be good if monster were switched from hitscan to proper bullets - like in extra crispy mod for Blood and weapons had some alt fire mode.
Still really love design and ideas. Hopefully it will be still updated with new content and improvements

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”