how do i load CON files in raze?

haruko haruhara

how do i load CON files in raze?

Post by haruko haruhara »

and how do i load the GRP for this mod for RR called night of the living dead

i know how to use the batch file but it only works in BuildGDX?

when i load it in Raze it says
/xDEADGAME.CON: Missing con file(s)

if someone can help me thanks i want a full description on how to do it i would want a video on youtube too but text is fine thanks in advance.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: how do i load CON files in raze?

Post by Graf Zahl »

That command line format does indeed not work currently. It's either "-x deadgame.con" or "-con deadgame.con"
haruko haruhara

Graf Zahl wrote:That command line format does indeed not work currently. It's either "-x deadgame.con" or "-con deadgame.con"
Gotcha but do i need to change it in the batch file or i need to go in console and type it in, in raze

or do i need to edit the GRP in the batch file?
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

You can just edit the batch file, which you'd need anyway to use it with raze.exe.
haruko haruhara

Screenshot_490.png
Screenshot_490.png (8.57 KiB) Viewed 1937 times
Graf Zahl wrote:You can just edit the batch file, which you'd need anyway to use it with raze.exe.
But the info says here to place it in the redneck folder what i meant was do i need to edit this line.

/gDEAD.GRP
Gez

Post by Gez »

Just as a general rule, all these "installation instructions" that tell you to unzip a bunch of files in the game's root folder should be ignored for Raze. You're better off loading the zip instead.
haruko haruhara

Gez wrote:Just as a general rule, all these "installation instructions" that tell you to unzip a bunch of files in the game's root folder should be ignored for Raze. You're better off loading the zip instead.

i tired to load the zip dead.zip and it didn't do anything i don't think you know but i'm very new to build engine games.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Raze is not the Build engine. I deliberately made some changes to make file loading easier. The main problem with Duke/RR is that due to Build's broken file system they had to work around some of the shit which results in having to manually specify the .con file. And since this file name is arbitrary and there's a chance of multiple .con files it cannot be easily automated

Generally, the easiest way to load such mods is to check what .con file they need to start and then from the command line use "raze -file mod.zip -con modscon.con" or write that line into a batch file
Gez

Post by Gez »

Could we get a specific file name (perhaps "autoraze.con" or similar) that will always be loaded as the base con file if present? That way, it becomes a simple matter of renaming the con file in the zip and loading it directly. I've used "game.con" for that with a few mods but I figure some may actually rely on Duke's base game.con being around.

Return to “General”