[5.5] Corruption Cards - 200+ Gameplay warping cards!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
eviltechno

Re: [3.3] Corruption Cards - Choose cards that alter your ga

Post by eviltechno »

Cutmanmike wrote:
eviltechno wrote:I hoped the fix for the lumps (as in the 3.3 changelog) would be what I needed for my brutal doom problem, but the riflezombies still disappear.
The patch still works with brutal doom but bd21_xvme1.3.0 is adding or changing some of the monsters that also need the dontfreeze treatment. If you look at a monster and type "info" on the console you'll see their actor name.

So you'll need to edit the patch to include "dontfreeze PistolZombiePatch" along with any other actors that behave this way.
All my testing about this issue the last 2 days were with just Brutal Doom 21 vanilla (gold) or Brutal doom 21 RC2. Without monster patches or anything. That's what I didn't get. I couldn't even make it work with older versions of corruption cards. Please tell me whats the right load order that should work.

1. brutalv21.pk3
2. CCARDS_DOXSPERSONALIZEDBRUTALDOOMFIX.WAD
3. CORRUPTIONCARDS-3.3.PK3

?

Edit:

it kinda works now for whatever reason, but I had to move the CCARDS.dat file to the main brutal doom .pk3 (something I tried before with no luck) . While finally the RifleZombies stopped disappearing, the Pistolzombies did. When adding PistolZombiesPatch to the file it still didnt work and I even got an error message in console "CCARDS lump Error: Could not find actor PistolZombiePatch! Check correct actor name."
But when I pasted the lines I posted earlier in this thread with a slight edit to the first line it suddenly worked
dontfreeze PistolZombiePatch
dontfreeze RifleZombie
dontfreeze PistolZombie
dontfreeze PistolZombieHelmet
dontfreeze HelmetRifleZombie
dontfreeze HeadlessZombie
dontfreeze Imp
dontfreeze ZombieMan
dontfreeze ShotgunGuy1
dontfreeze ShotgunGuy
dontfreeze Plasma
dontfreeze MinigunGuy
dontfreeze ChainsawZombie
dontfreeze PyroSergeant
dontfreeze RocketGuy
dontfreeze ShotgunSpawner
dontfreeze RiotShieldGuy
dontfreeze NetherDarkImp
dontfreeze VoidDarkImp
dontfreeze NamiDarkImp
dontfreeze CommonDarkImp
dontfreeze Aracnorb
dontfreeze CrackoDemon
dontfreeze Terminator
dontfreeze Bruiser
dontfreeze CyberBaron
dontfreeze PyroDemon
dontfreeze BruiserDemon
dontfreeze XVStealth
dontfreeze ZSpecOps
dontfreeze Major
dontfreeze RifleCommando
dontfreeze BloodDemon

So don't know if there was something wrong on my end. I'm sure I didn't type something wrong. Maybe this info helps someone. Thanks for the tip with the "PistolZombiePatch" and "info" (although it was the RifleZombie's that were driving me nuts the last 2 - 3 days)
MrRumbleRoses

Re: [3.3a] Corruption Cards - Choose cards that alter your g

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

is there a way to disable the autosaves after choosing a card?
eviltechno

Post by eviltechno »

MrRumbleRoses wrote:is there a way to disable the autosaves after choosing a card?
Corruption Cards options menu.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

I think borrowed time would be a lot more tolerated if there was a health requirement. I don't mind it nearly as much on a caco as I do on a zombieman.
MsrSgtShooterPerson
Location: Lost in the procedural infinite hells and I'm fine with that.

Post by MsrSgtShooterPerson »

Hey Mike, just reporting a bug on 3.3a:

There seems to be something going on with the level is haunted card - I'm currently playing with Zagemod and when the phantoms spawn, it seems to have a habit of also occasionally spawning a non-ghost monster pretty much isolated off-map in solid geometry. (image in attachment, imp on the bottom right of the revealed automap)

I've observed this consistently happen with the card so far and that it can happen with any variety of monsters (anywhere from zombiemen to knights) and sometimes several of them at once stuck apart from each other staggered in a grid - sometimes they may appear halfway through walls or spots monsters can't normally navigate or in the map's solid areas entirely.

I only began observing this with 3.3 so I'm unfortunately not sure if this has been happening way back. Thanks again for this great, challenging mod!

[imgur]https://imgur.com/a/u90jZtJ[/imgur]
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

That's actually sort of intentional. The card just spawns ghosts around the player at set distances to make sure the player has to encounter them in some way. It's no harm as the ghosts go away on their own after a while anyway.
MsrSgtShooterPerson
Location: Lost in the procedural infinite hells and I'm fine with that.

Post by MsrSgtShooterPerson »

Oh, the spawning method is perfectly fine - just that it seems non-ghost monsters spawn along with them and are unable to move when spawned outside the map.
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

so i did some testing. and it seems like the latest version of this mod doesn't seem to work with Doom CE. but yet the 3.2 version does for them
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

MsrSgtShooterPerson wrote:Oh, the spawning method is perfectly fine - just that it seems non-ghost monsters spawn along with them and are unable to move when spawned outside the map.
Oh, how odd. The card shouldn't be spawning regular enemies.
MrRumbleRoses wrote:so i did some testing. and it seems like the latest version of this mod doesn't seem to work with Doom CE. but yet the 3.2 version does for them
I tried Doom CE (at least the psx version) and it seems to work for me.
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

Cutmanmike wrote:
MsrSgtShooterPerson wrote:Oh, the spawning method is perfectly fine - just that it seems non-ghost monsters spawn along with them and are unable to move when spawned outside the map.
Oh, how odd. The card shouldn't be spawning regular enemies.
MrRumbleRoses wrote:so i did some testing. and it seems like the latest version of this mod doesn't seem to work with Doom CE. but yet the 3.2 version does for them
I tried Doom CE (at least the psx version) and it seems to work for me.
well i tried it out. and whenever i selected a card, specially for PSX Doom CE. it like froze and then it gave me an error thing. not sure what it was about. with Doom 64 CE, the crash just appears. and it's hard to bring up the menu
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

Is there an error message with the crash at all?
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

I'm using the newest 3.3a. I have a custom lump with a bunch of removecard lines. When I start a map, every card I've removed shows up in the console as "error could not find card ()" but the cards are removed properly.
It also won't use 2 CCARD lumps. I have 14 cards removed on one mod, and 17 on another but when loading both it only removes the cards from the latest mod loaded.
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

Cutmanmike wrote:Is there an error message with the crash at all?
i'm not sure. it gets stuck for a while. then brings up the console stuff and talks about the CC mod. then tries to restart
grahf78
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by grahf78 »

I'm developing a mod that has cutscene-only maps with no gameplay in between levels. Is there a way to tell Corruption Cards to skip the card selection prompt for those levels? I got a crash once when selecting a card (don't remember which), perhaps because the map featured no things except the player starts.
Dan_The_Noob
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Dan_The_Noob »

grahf78 wrote:I'm developing a mod that has cutscene-only maps with no gameplay in between levels. Is there a way to tell Corruption Cards to skip the card selection prompt for those levels? I got a crash once when selecting a card (don't remember which), perhaps because the map featured no things except the player starts.
make a CCARDS lump
use "excludemap <MAP>"

Return to “Gameplay Mods”