All my testing about this issue the last 2 days were with just Brutal Doom 21 vanilla (gold) or Brutal doom 21 RC2. Without monster patches or anything. That's what I didn't get. I couldn't even make it work with older versions of corruption cards. Please tell me whats the right load order that should work.Cutmanmike wrote:The patch still works with brutal doom but bd21_xvme1.3.0 is adding or changing some of the monsters that also need the dontfreeze treatment. If you look at a monster and type "info" on the console you'll see their actor name.eviltechno wrote:I hoped the fix for the lumps (as in the 3.3 changelog) would be what I needed for my brutal doom problem, but the riflezombies still disappear.
So you'll need to edit the patch to include "dontfreeze PistolZombiePatch" along with any other actors that behave this way.
it kinda works now for whatever reason, but I had to move the CCARDS.dat file to the main brutal doom .pk3 (something I tried before with no luck) . While finally the RifleZombies stopped disappearing, the Pistolzombies did. When adding PistolZombiesPatch to the file it still didnt work and I even got an error message in console "CCARDS lump Error: Could not find actor PistolZombiePatch! Check correct actor name."
But when I pasted the lines I posted earlier in this thread with a slight edit to the first line it suddenly worked
So don't know if there was something wrong on my end. I'm sure I didn't type something wrong. Maybe this info helps someone. Thanks for the tip with the "PistolZombiePatch" and "info" (although it was the RifleZombie's that were driving me nuts the last 2 - 3 days)