DoomDynMus - a dynamic music mod

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Ltmajordude
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: DoomDynMus - a dynamic music mod

Post by Ltmajordude »

FelesNoctis wrote:Don't know if anybody else would find this useful
My friend, this is literally the opposite. Thanks for the listing (and for including mine lol)!
Karl515
Operating System Version (Optional): EndeavourOS
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Karl515 »

Updated the Loop Hero OST https://github.com/KarlsRepo/DMus_LH.
FelesNoctis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by FelesNoctis »

Ltmajordude wrote:
FelesNoctis wrote:Don't know if anybody else would find this useful
My friend, this is literally the opposite. Thanks for the listing (and for including mine lol)!
Well of course! Everyone should be included. :P

Also, updated the list. I'm spending some time tonight to go through and check for High support, and may start bugfixing anything obvious.
Linz

Post by Linz »

Ltmajordude wrote:That's an interesting mod ya got there CyberCool.

It would be a shame though, if someone were to make a Hotline Miami music pack to go along with it...

Kinda wish there was one for HM 2 as well
Ltmajordude
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Ltmajordude »

Linz wrote: Kinda wish there was one for HM 2 as well
Give it time.
One obstacle I have with it is the file size. Soundtrack for it is bigger than HM1's so naturally it's gonna be a big file. Need to find a way to deal with that.
But don't worry, I think I have a plan laid out on my home computer if I decide to do a HM2 soundtrack.
FelesNoctis

Post by FelesNoctis »

Yeah, filesize is definitely a concern. The whole collection from this thread is 4.74 GB. I've been trying to decide if I should try to optimize quality vs filesize as part of my standardization work. Some of these packs are huge!
RastaManGames

Post by RastaManGames »

Ltmajordude wrote: One obstacle I have with it is the file size. Soundtrack for it is bigger than HM1's so naturally it's gonna be a big file. Need to find a way to deal with that.
But don't worry, I think I have a plan laid out on my home computer if I decide to do a HM2 soundtrack.
You can try "AIMP Converter". It's free and personally I use an *.ogg output format with 0/10 preset.
Sound may be lower in a way of quality, but not that bad. As result - size of packs are much lower as it can be w/o convertation.
FelesNoctis

Post by FelesNoctis »

Ltmajordude wrote:Sound may be lower in a way of quality
To be fair, we are playing a game from the early/mid 90s. We're used to that sort of thing by now, right? :P
FelesNoctis

Post by FelesNoctis »

Out of curiosity, do people prefer when the music is:
- Level-based sets (so like for Doom Eternal, in Sentinel Prime you have "Welcome Home Great Slayer" for ambiance and "Gladiator Boss" for the combat track), or
- Fully mixed (so much larger list that has all ambiance tracks matched to all combat tracks)

I've been working on a Doom Eternal OST pack and mostly matching things together by level, but it'd definitely be simpler to do a full mix version. The latter would likely include some extra tracks I don't know what to do with yet, plus wouldn't have duplicates within the level sets and high combat ("The Only Thing They Fear Is You" is in both, for instance).

Also doesn't help that since I haven't beaten Eternal yet (shame on me, I know), I'm not entirely sure if I'm missing level-based combinations, and I'm working entirely from the wiki page as best I can.

UPDATE:
First version for Doom Eternal OST up. Level-based, 13 track sets, 6 high combat tracks, some vanilla replacements, default music silenced. Readme included. Doesn't have very much editing to remove silences yet, I think I only did one because it was like 30 seconds of nothing.
RastaManGames

Post by RastaManGames »

Today something interesting gone on my mind, so...

Take that: "Borderlands Pack", "Borderlands 2 Pack" & "Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Pack".

For "Borderlands", music tracks was already sorted out by "ambient" and "combat" moods.
For "Borderlands 2", I have to do some shenanigans with scissors, 'cause many tracks was just mixes.
For "Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel", almost all tracks was completed for import, but few tracks was divides by two (where it fits).

If there is gonna be need, I can improve packs and make more divisions for two kinds of tracks.
FelesNoctis

Post by FelesNoctis »

RastaManGames wrote:Today something interesting gone on my mind, so...

Take that: "Borderlands Pack", "Borderlands 2 Pack" & "Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Pack".

For "Borderlands", music tracks was already sorted out by "ambient" and "combat" moods.
For "Borderlands 2", I have to do some shenanigans with scissors, 'cause many tracks was just mixes.
For "Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel", almost all tracks was completed for import, but few tracks was divides by two (where it fits).
*fangirl screaming* :wub:

RastaManGames wrote:If there is gonna be need, I can improve packs and make more divisions for two kinds of tracks.
If you're interested in doing that sort of thing, I think I'm about halfway through my standardization and misc. bugfixing of all the packs so far. I can upload what I've done so you can poke through?
(Ok, maybe more like a third. Wow, I've been slacking.)

EDIT:
Same link as above. If the folder doesn't fully load, try opening and closing the sidebar. Mega can get weird with listing folders with large files sometimes.
https://mega.nz/folder/7FJGWRjL#GUUq6Bq5uH-UM6sqUlJlTg
RastaManGames

Post by RastaManGames »

I was unable to find similar pack, so maybe this might be useable: "Killing Floor Pack",
cyber_cool

Post by cyber_cool »

Finally got some time to add music packs posted in the thread. Notify me if I missed something.
cyber_cool

Post by cyber_cool »

YukesVonFaust wrote:Uh... it doesn't work for me since it freezes at start. I can exit it fine, but the game won't start.
Unfortunately, that does not tell me much. What music pack were you using? It may as well be a parser bug.
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

cyber_cool wrote:
YukesVonFaust wrote:Uh... it doesn't work for me since it freezes at start. I can exit it fine, but the game won't start.
Unfortunately, that does not tell me much. What music pack were you using? It may as well be a parser bug.
Nothing. even with The MMBN music pack, it still persists.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”