Guncaster Vindicated 3.4.6

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Delinquent

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.4.5

Post by Delinquent »

Was Sabbatha removed? Cause she's not showing up in the newest version of this mod. kind of a bummer if she was, but not the end of the world
Baskiabo
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Baskiabo »

hello

first off: awesome mod

well, having problems in heretic (works fine with hexen, doom, etc), getting this error, no matter what (gzdoom 471, but tested with various versions... weird thing is that was working sometime ago...)

anyway, this is the error:

Guncaster_Vindicated.pk3:zscript/zk-core/dictionary.txt, line 11: Class name Dictionary already exists
Dinosaur_Nerd
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Dinosaur_Nerd »

Baskiabo wrote:hello

first off: awesome mod

well, having problems in heretic (works fine with hexen, doom, etc), getting this error, no matter what (gzdoom 471, but tested with various versions... weird thing is that was working sometime ago...)

anyway, this is the error:

Guncaster_Vindicated.pk3:zscript/zk-core/dictionary.txt, line 11: Class name Dictionary already exists
update to the latest GCV
this mod hasn't used ZK core in a very long time.
RKD

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.4.6

Post by RKD »

I've got a VM abort and nuclear birb went pichu~n.

I was playing H-Zone! with GCV and Angelic Aviary. Activated the Draugh item to see what it does and got the VM abort shortly after, in case that info is needed. Any idea if there is something I should consider to avoid the crash? First time it happens.
ArchVain12
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by ArchVain12 »

There's a old version that compatible in LZDOOM?
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by fakemai »

Yes but I couldn't tell which one and I don't have any of the older ones anymore. Rather than that see if you can run standard GZDoom with OpenGLES, but it may or may not work out depending on your OS and card, what are you actually on? You can set vid_rendermode=4 in the INI.
DarkkOne
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Widnows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by DarkkOne »

This is the only mod I'm loading, with GZDoom 4.8.0, and get this lovely list of errors. I assume it's just not compatible with 4.8.0, but then I also assumed I'd find something about that in this thread, and couldn't, so... yeah, figured I'd ask.
Script error, "Guncaster_Vindicated.pk3:zscript/specialeffects/statusscreenoverride.txt" line 10:
Can't call play function get from ui context
Script error, "Guncaster_Vindicated.pk3:zscript/specialeffects/statusscreenoverride.txt" line 11:
Unknown identifier 'sgvars'
Script error, "Guncaster_Vindicated.pk3:zscript/specialeffects/statusscreenoverride.txt" line 73:
Script error, "Guncaster_Vindicated.pk3:zscript/specialeffects/statusscreenoverride.txt" line 75:
Script error, "Guncaster_Vindicated.pk3:zscript/specialeffects/statusscreenoverride.txt" line 85:
Script error, "Guncaster_Vindicated.pk3:zscript/specialeffects/statusscreenoverride.txt" line 100:
Left side of mFont is not a struct or class
Script error, "Guncaster_Vindicated.pk3:zscript/specialeffects/statusscreenoverride.txt" line 115:
Left side of mFont is not a struct or class
Script error, "Guncaster_Vindicated.pk3:zscript/specialeffects/statusscreenoverride.txt" line 173:
Script error, "Guncaster_Vindicated.pk3:zscript/specialeffects/statusscreenoverride.txt" line 174:
Script error, "Guncaster_Vindicated.pk3:zscript/specialeffects/statusscreenoverride.txt" line 240:
Script error, "Guncaster_Vindicated.pk3:zscript/specialeffects/statusscreenoverride.txt" line 241:
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by fakemai »

No you aren't the only one, it's definitely been broken. Your only option at this point might be to stay on the older GZDoom until it's fixed, I don't think this is related to those UI cvars disappearing.
DarkkOne
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Widnows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by DarkkOne »

Weirdly, regular Guncaster seems to work just fine.
Rodman909

Post by Rodman909 »

I got the following error when playing with Brutal Doom Monsters.
Dinosaur_Nerd

Post by Dinosaur_Nerd »

Rodman909 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:20 pm I got the following error when playing with Brutal Doom Monsters.
I'll look into that
fakemai wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:06 pm No you aren't the only one, it's definitely been broken. Your only option at this point might be to stay on the older GZDoom until it's fixed, I don't think this is related to those UI cvars disappearing.
The current working version is linked in the OP of this post, right under the download link for the actual mod.
You can get updates and report bugs much more easily on the discord server, which is also linked in the OP, directly below the GZD version compatible with the mod.

I've commented that this bug is with the status screen, and it seems at a quick glance to disable my ability to detect the current iwad/pwad being run by checking static thinkers. There might be a way around this as I haven't fiddled with it in a while, but it's extra work I shouldn't need to do, and it's frankly got me feeling pretty apathetic towards the whole thing.
I'll check on the problem GZD is causing when I get free time, but I'm strongly considering just freezing the GZD version at the current working version. If there is no workaround, I will absolutely be freezing.
I feel sorry for the players if they have to keep a separate GZD version just to run this, but any decisions they make upstream in the engine are out of my hands.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

I fired this up again to test a new map pack, and unfortunately I can't get it to run due to this error:

Guncaster_Vindicated.pk3:zscript/zk-core/dictionary.txt, line 11: Class name dictionary already exists
Dinosaur_Nerd

Post by Dinosaur_Nerd »

Valherran wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:24 pm I fired this up again to test a new map pack, and unfortunately I can't get it to run due to this error:

Guncaster_Vindicated.pk3:zscript/zk-core/dictionary.txt, line 11: Class name dictionary already exists
ZK core hasn't been used in GCV for several years

you should probably update the to current working version
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Dinosaur_Nerd wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:23 pm
Valherran wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:24 pm I fired this up again to test a new map pack, and unfortunately I can't get it to run due to this error:

Weird, I can't find any file named zk-core in the install.

I tried doing a fresh install of the current GZDoom and the mod on a different PC, and I get this:
Spoiler:
Dinosaur_Nerd

Post by Dinosaur_Nerd »

Valherran wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:24 pm
Dinosaur_Nerd wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:23 pm

Weird, I can't find any file named zk-core in the install.

I tried doing a fresh install of the current GZDoom and the mod on a different PC, and I get this:
Spoiler:
I have moved, there is a notification at the top of the OP in this thread, I won't be active here anymore

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”