[POWERSLAVE] "mouse look" not working

Moderator: Raze Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
Marcelus

[POWERSLAVE] "mouse look" not working

Post by Marcelus »

Hi all,
I have strange bug in Powerslave. When I enable mouselook moving with mouse work but when I firing bullets go always on middle. Auto aim is disabled . I have this problem only in Powerslave . Other games (SW, Blood, Duke) works without this problems.

Last edited by Marcelus on Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marcelus

Re: Powerslave "mouse look" not working

Post by Marcelus »

Still not fix ?
Here is video what I mean
Game is unplayable with this bug.
Same result with Raze 1.3.1 and 1.4.1

Dynamo

Re: [POWERSLAVE] "mouse look" not working

Post by Dynamo »

The lack of mouse aiming is known, but it will take some time to implement because the original game did not have any such system in place and coding it from scratch is not easy.

The game is playable if you play with autoaim for the time being. I realize it's impractical (I myself hate autoaim) but it is your best bet for now. It will hopefully be added at some point and all your grievances will be solved.
Marcelus

Post by Marcelus »

Dynamo wrote:The lack of mouse aiming is known, but it will take some time to implement because the original game did not have any such system in place and coding it from scratch is not easy.

The game is playable if you play with autoaim for the time being. I realize it's impractical (I myself hate autoaim) but it is your best bet for now. It will hopefully be added at some point and all your grievances will be solved.
I also do not like autoaim :( Now has been released exhumed from the night dive on steam and gog . I'll play this later. Thank you for your response
Swordman

Post by Swordman »

Marcelus wrote:
Dynamo wrote:The lack of mouse aiming is known, but it will take some time to implement because the original game did not have any such system in place and coding it from scratch is not easy.

I also do not like autoaim :( Now has been released exhumed from the night dive on steam and gog . I'll play this later. Thank you for your response
If you're desperate to play PCExhumed with mouselook, BuildGDX has it. I hope its implemented in Raze soon!
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Swordman wrote: If you're desperate to play PCExhumed with mouselook, BuildGDX has it. I hope its implemented in Raze soon!

Good to know. This means there's a reference implementation and we won't have to invent it ourselves. ;)
Marcelus

Post by Marcelus »

Swordman wrote:
Marcelus wrote:

If you're desperate to play PCExhumed with mouselook, BuildGDX has it. I hope its implemented in Raze soon!

yes I know but gdx version not run smooth how games via raze.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Casualfan

Post by Casualfan »

I'm not super familiar with technical jargon. Does this mean that the master branch on github now has this feature, or that the 1.5.0 release has it.

Regardless, glad it's here!
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

You can tell if a commit has made it to a release just by looking up at the top.

This only says "master" so that means it does not exist in a release yet.

When it says "master" and lists some versions beside it, then that means it's in a release.

The commit that Graf linked is only 2 days old - and the last released happened long before that, so there's no way it could possibly be in a release just yet.

But this site might sometimes have a build you can use right away: https://devbuilds.drdteam.org/raze/

This commit, for example, actually appears in a release:
https://github.com/ZDoom/Raze/commit/39 ... 6db1f6059d

Casualfan

Post by Casualfan »

Rachael wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:24 pm You can tell if a commit has made it to a release just by looking up at the top.

This only says "master" so that means it does not exist in a release yet.

When it says "master" and lists some versions beside it, then that means it's in a release.

The commit that Graf linked is only 2 days old - and the last released happened long before that, so there's no way it could possibly be in a release just yet.

But this site might sometimes have a build you can use right away: https://devbuilds.drdteam.org/raze/

This commit, for example, actually appears in a release:
https://github.com/ZDoom/Raze/commit/39 ... 6db1f6059d

Ah, gotcha. Thanks!

Return to “Closed Bugs [Raze]”