New Member Introductions

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
LucidMage

Re: New Member Introductions

Post by LucidMage »

Hello, I'm very new to posting in forums so apologies in advance if I do something wrong.

I've been lurking the Projects forums and playing GZDoom mods on and off since... 2015? Since discovering gameplay mods about that time, I somehow found myself dabbling with SLADE and Decorate (more recently ZScript) to make my own small personal gameplay mods. I'm now at a point where I've made a couple dark fantasy themed mods I feel are worthy of showing to the public; I'm still looking through the Project Posting Guidelines to figure out how to best go about this.

Other stuff about me:
I can't seem to quit first-person games, particularly old school FPS games. My brother introduced me to Doom and Hexen in the late 90s, and Blood has remained a childhood favourite. I'd play Heretic later in my early teens, and for some reason these four games have stuck me.

Otherwise, I like digital art and game design, listening to music, weird fiction, and creativity in general.
freshlycutgrass

Post by freshlycutgrass »

Hello, I love making mods with GZDoom and Zandronum.

I bought Doom relatively cheap from a closing store a long time ago. I started modding in the Skulltag/ZDoom days, but I've never made an account on any Doom forum, so I thought I should join.
SlingnutSeedlings

Post by SlingnutSeedlings »

Yo, yo (and yo!)

I'm Slingnut, I had an account before but I had like 2 posts ages ago so I decided to start anew (even though it isn't saying much).

I do many things, some better than others.
Programming > Playing,
Making art > making good art,
etc.

See ya around!
NathanSilver

Post by NathanSilver »

Hiya! I'm Nathan Silver, but I go by Nath or Nate.

I'm a DOOM modding beginner, and also a aspiring sprite artist, FamiTracker musician, and a digital artist. I'm a huge fan of DOOM, as well other games.
I may be grumpy sometimes but I'm a nice guy, don't worry.
FelesNoctis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by FelesNoctis »

Heyo, I'm Feles!

I go full manic tunnel-vision at random moments. I joined like a year and a half ago, made some posts, then disappeared when my interests turned to other things. Now I'm back again and working on a couple of mods. I'm also wondering if having to reactivate my account reset my moderation post count, because the system apparently thinks I'm still naughty. :P

I've gotten better at filtering myself since my teens, but I still tend to be blunt, and I know that can bother people. If I do or say anything to offend anyone, just let me know! I'd rather it was said so I can work on fixing it, rather than it getting bottled up.
GoalDude-00

Post by GoalDude-00 »

Yes, hello, this is GoalDude. I've been around the forum for a while under a now inactive account and mostly offered feedback, lurked and showed off some guns I drew, then stopped using it for whatever reason around 2018. As of last year, I've been more involved with the community through a friend's server (hi Cosmo) and subsequently, you may have seen my name pop in a mod or another's credits. I've been meaning to make an account here and stick with it for a while, but I just mustered up the courage to do it.

At this particular moment, I make some sounds and ambient music/soundscapes with nothing but Audacity and I have dabbled with voice acting as well as...making horrible noises for monsters, if you can count that as VA too. I do some writing and still draw guns, but nothing that crazy. Thaaaat's about it, really, there's not a whole lot to say here that I haven't already.
Broadwing

Post by Broadwing »

Hi all, new member from the freespace hard light productions.

Unquestionably a fan of space combat, but still it’s nice to return to doom roots. I still have a legacy doom 2 copy on my old machine and I’m interested to check out mods.

Incidentally I’m researching old games and one of them is a game in the vein of doom called Hades (a Korean game), which at some point has been ripped and uploaded by doom users. I’m looking for a full CD of it so it can be preserved.

Best.
the bot slayer123
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by the bot slayer123 »

hello my name is carlos I am a young doom player who has just discovered this page and I need someone to guide me
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

the bot slayer123 wrote:hello my name is carlos I am a young doom player who has just discovered this page and I need someone to guide me
Hello Carlos
You may already know that there are several mapping formats with which to construct a DOOM map, which means you have to know which format was used for a given pwad.

As you progress with your DOOMing knowledge you will find that there are different gaming engines, all tailored to the specific mapping format. Luckily, though, GZDOOM is a gaming engine which can play 99.9% of all pwads (maps, levels), regardless of mapping format. However, judging from your avatar you may have to use an older version.

If you want to construct your own maps, then you need a map editor and eventually a lump editor.
The latest map editor is Ultimate Doom Builder to construct a map.
The latest lump editor is Slade3 to edit lumps in a map.

As to how to use either editor, there are numerous video tutorials on Youtube.
There are also good websites with a number of tutorials on various aspects of DOOM mapping including my own DoomKraft.

If you have any questions, let us know.
Vanille987

Post by Vanille987 »

Hello!

Being a fan of classic DOOM for a few years now, I decided to get into the expansive modding community! Mostly to play them and give feedback if it proves helpfull.
I have basic coding skills and want to try my hand at making one myself at some point, but for now I'm focusing on other interests to have time for it. But hey, still have a lot of time in my live!

Hope to have a good time here!
Broadwing

Post by Broadwing »

My recent renewing with the doom games was after seeing some vids on YouTube of brutal doom.

The executions were hilarious to me for some reason.
the bot slayer123

Post by the bot slayer123 »

Hi, my name is Carlos and I'm new here. :D :lol:
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them

Post by wildweasel »

the bot slayer123 wrote:Hi, my name is Carlos and I'm new here. :D :lol:
Welcome to the forums... again. If you scroll up this page in the thread, you will find a lot of nice recommended links that another user offered you the first time you introduced yourself last week. ;)
joj
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by joj »

Hi, I discovered Doom like more than a year ago, and since then it's one of my favorite games to date; just a player but maybe interested in modding, and this forum looks great. Hope i'll fit well here heh.
Rocket1

Re: New Member Introductions, And myself.

Post by Rocket1 »

Hello lads, I am Rocket1. I will typically ask for help with zdoom functions, Or just post hideous destructor videos. Hopefully I'll fit in with you guys! :D

Return to “Off-Topic”