Xim's Star Wars Doom - Updated (MAY/4/2023)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Xim

Re: Xim's Star Wars Doom - Update (5/4/21)

Post by Xim »

openroadracer wrote:Sorry for a bit of thread necromancy here, but I feel like this is an old issue. It's really minor, so I don't know if it's even worth fixing, but it's there.

The issue is that when playing as a class that doesn't use Force Powers(Trooper, Smuggler, Mando), the map's Chainsaw spawns are still listed as "artifact items" that effect the game's completion percentages, despite the fact that Lightsabers aren't spawned on them.

I think this problem has been in the mod since the introduction of the Trooper class, and you and I both know that that was some time ago.
Thanks for pointing that out. Not sure what's doing that but I'll try and fix it.
EDIT: I think I may have fixed it, I had the spawner itself set to count as an item.
openroadracer
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by openroadracer »

Xim wrote:Thanks for pointing that out. Not sure what's doing that but I'll try and fix it.
EDIT: I think I may have fixed it, I had the spawner itself set to count as an item.
Ah, yeah, that'd do it.

Anyway, while I'm here, did you ever figure out what's up between Rampancy and the Props Pack? Over in the Rampancy thread, I posted about using Ctrl+click-n-drag to load only Rampancy and Star Wars Props; it still gave me the same error signs in place of corpses as before.
Xim

Post by Xim »

openroadracer wrote: Anyway, while I'm here, did you ever figure out what's up between Rampancy and the Props Pack? Over in the Rampancy thread, I posted about using Ctrl+click-n-drag to load only Rampancy and Star Wars Props; it still gave me the same error signs in place of corpses as before.
Have you tried using a mod launcher like ZDL? I really don't recommend ever using the drag-and-drop method, especially with my mods. Use a launcher and load the props after the main mod.
openroadracer
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1

Post by openroadracer »

Xim wrote:Have you tried using a mod launcher like ZDL? I really don't recommend ever using the drag-and-drop method, especially with my mods. Use a launcher and load the props after the main mod.
Yeah, ZDL is what I use normally, but I tried doing the drag & drop to eliminate any other mods interfering. Give me a minute.

EDIT: Did as you suggested: Launched via ZDL, Props after Rampancy, same error sign as soon as I load into E1M1.

EDIT2: I should clarify: This is using the Props Pack without the larger overall Star Wars DooM package. I just don't feel like the vanilla props fit with an enemy set like Rampancy, which is why I'd really like to be able to use the Props Pack with Rampancy, without errors.
Xim

Re: Xim's Star Wars Doom - Update (FEB/5/2022)

Post by Xim »

New update, now version 2.9.

Changes from last version:
Spoiler:
Standalone weapons and enemies versions will come later.
austen1000

Post by austen1000 »

Thanks for another update, Xim. I noticed the Jabba's Palace patch has not been updated yet. Will it need an update or is it good to go?
Xim

Post by Xim »

Oh darn, I kind of forgot about that one. I did add a "Scum & Villiany" patch which is quite similar to the Jabba patch. Main differences are that the Rancor can throw boulders and instead of a stationary Jabba it's a model-rip Hutt that can move around. I might do a quick update on the Jabba patch soon though if need be, which I think I might since there are some duplicate actors.

EDIT: I've updated the Jabba patch, should be good to go now. Let me know if there are any issues.
Xim

Post by Xim »

No big update this time, but I updated the weapons only and enemies only mods to match version 2.9.

May the fourth be with you!
armymen12002003
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

Hey for some reason the imperial enemies only addon isn't working right i loaded it after the main mod but it still get other enemies.

EDIT: Disregard i figured it out lol
Dwailing

Post by Dwailing »

I'm curious, is the lightsaber not making a sound on contact with an enemy besides the sound of the swing deliberate, or is that a bug of some kind? If it is a bug, is it just on my end?
Xim

Post by Xim »

Ooops, yeah I think that must be a bug. I guess I accidentally removed a sound file or something at one point. Sorry.
Xim

Re: Xim's Star Wars Doom - Small update (AUG/23/2022)

Post by Xim »

Updated to fix saber clash sound and I also removed the cross-hairs while you're using the scope.

Just FYI, I haven't been working on this mod much for a while. Been busy with other stuff and I'm more in the mood to work on my other projects at this time. Now I'm not going to abandon the mod or anything, but I think I might have 'done enough' on it so far. The mod's already got a huge amount of weapons and enemies in it so I really don't want to add any more. At this point any updates will be polishing things up rather then adding anything and it might be far and few, but we'll see.
LordNukenator

Re: Xim's Star Wars Doom - Small Update (AUG/23/2022)

Post by LordNukenator »

If you charge but don't fire a weapon that can charge up a shot, such as the altfire on the ion cannon or Katarn's pistol, and then finish a level, the hud element that shows what your charge level is doesn't update until you fire the weapon after any amount of charge.(It doesn't keep the charge level you have when you ended the level.) I don't even know if an edge case so minor is worth fixing.
Xim

Post by Xim »

Might as well mention that I actually have been working on the mod again. I don't think it's ready for a release yet. Oddly enough, I actually went back on what I said and ended up adding new stuff, but it's more in the name of balance and emphasizing the features of the mod. But mostly I've been working on adding QOL features, user options and gameplay balance.
Felix_Margarita
Operating System Version (Optional): Steamos 3.4.11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Felix_Margarita »

Xim wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:09 am Might as well mention that I actually have been working on the mod again. I don't think it's ready for a release yet. Oddly enough, I actually went back on what I said and ended up adding new stuff, but it's more in the name of balance and emphasizing the features of the mod. But mostly I've been working on adding QOL features, user options and gameplay balance.
Always happy to hear an update like this. Looking forward to what’s coming!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”