[Wolfenstein: Blade of Agony] v3.1 released (p204)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ButtonBoy
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [Wolfenstein: Blade of Agony] v3.1 released (p204)

Post by ButtonBoy »

One issue I have is that in the first mission of chapter 3, when your in the sniper tower, i can't see the bloody guard next to the door, the fog effect thing is obscuring him, now I might just be stupid, but either can you guys fix that or is there a setting which I can change to actually make the guard visible, thanks in advance
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Can you share a screenshot?
ButtonBoy

Post by ButtonBoy »

Tormentor667 wrote:Can you share a screenshot?
Attachments
So this is me in the sniper tower, and I can't see for shit, now this might be a problem on my part because my computer is shit so I run BOA on the lowest settings, but I've tried cranking up some of the performance settings, the scenery and trees, those settings, and I still couldn't see for shit and it drops to 2 frames, so I'm kinda stuck unless I brute force my way using cheats
So this is me in the sniper tower, and I can't see for shit, now this might be a problem on my part because my computer is shit so I run BOA on the lowest settings, but I've tried cranking up some of the performance settings, the scenery and trees, those settings, and I still couldn't see for shit and it drops to 2 frames, so I'm kinda stuck unless I brute force my way using cheats
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

I think it might be a draw distance thing. For me, there's a distinct light that you can see with the guard sitting right next.
If you're running with hints on, I believe there's even a yellow crosshairs marker when you're aiming at the guy. I'm not using hints, so there's no marker on the screenshot.

ButtonBoy

Post by ButtonBoy »

ZikShadow wrote:I think it might be a draw distance thing. For me, there's a distinct light that you can see with the guard sitting right next.
If you're running with hints on, I believe there's even a yellow crosshairs marker when you're aiming at the guy. I'm not using hints, so there's no marker on the screenshot.

ah!, that might be the problem, I will try it out and report my findings, I knew the problem would probably be something on my end
Update: still couldn't see for shit, but I did get the yellow crosshair you described but not the light so I don't know what's going on there, but i shot it, and I checked to see if i had killed the guard , I had but its such a pain in the ass to find that one spot where the crosshair flashes yellow
DerLeichnam
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by DerLeichnam »

I have a problem on E1m10 Eisenmann.

If you shoot the sharks in the purple goo the game crashes.

Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@CaptainJ - We might need your help with something: https://github.com/Realm667/WolfenDoom/issues/1101 and https://github.com/Realm667/WolfenDoom/issues/1100 and https://github.com/Realm667/WolfenDoom/issues/1148

@ButtonBoy - Did you change the standard settings somehow?
Blake00

Post by Blake00 »

Watched the latest trailers and just wanted to once again say that this looks so amazing mate.

Also I forgot to reply to your PM a while back sorry. So I just typed up a reply but sadly it failed and said msging you is disabled. So I copied and pasted my reply into a message to you on doomworld instead so hopefully you get it there.

Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Spoiler: Replies to the Dev Team on Github
Spoiler: And Extra Feedback for Episode 1. Spoilers, IDMYPOS is on.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Blake00 wrote:message to you on doomworld instead so hopefully you get it there.
I am banned on Doomworld :D Just use my email adress info AT realm667
ButtonBoy

Post by ButtonBoy »

Tormentor667 wrote:@CaptainJ - We might need your help with something: https://github.com/Realm667/WolfenDoom/issues/1101 and https://github.com/Realm667/WolfenDoom/issues/1100 and https://github.com/Realm667/WolfenDoom/issues/1148

@ButtonBoy - Did you change the standard settings somehow?
No I didn't change any settings, I just brute forced it and sat the there for 5 minutes with the sniper rifle trying to find that flashing yellow circle, I did, eventually but its still a real pain in ass, now I know BOA has a lot more serious issues that should take up your time, but this one is kinda preventing game progression and I would like to see it fixed but its not that big of a problem, anyway mate It's a great game and you and the team have worked so hard on it, It really doesn't deserve half the criticism it gets, cheers and thanks for the hours of fun shootin nazis
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Spoiler: Extra feedback of Episode 2 incoming. Spoilers, obviously
Still having too much fun in BoA despite how hard this game can be. :P
Last edited by Captain J on Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

After playing stuff like Sneaky Doom, I've pretty much regarded height as non-existent when it comes to sneaking around. With BoA doing it as well, I've noted it as a possible engine limitation instead of anything the devs could do. It'd be nice if you could sneak above/under enemies, though.
Blake00

Post by Blake00 »

Tormentor667 wrote:
Blake00 wrote:message to you on doomworld instead so hopefully you get it there.
I am banned on Doomworld :D Just use my email adress info AT realm667
Boy have I missed some stuff haha. Will do mate :)
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@CaptainJ - Thanks kindly for your bug reports. I am collecting all these and sharing them with the team on GitHub - we definitely will fix these!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”