DOOM Tribute Project - UPDATE: Vanilla Monsters Add-On

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
austen1000

Re: DOOM Tribute Project - Lite Edition RELEASED!

Post by austen1000 »

This is good. Thank you. For the lite version, is there any possibility that the Universal Patch could get one more update or option to remove the custom enemies as well, particularly for gameplay mods that depend on their own enemies to function properly (or the custom ones otherwise clash with included ones too much)? Thank you in advance.
SLON
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: DOOM Tribute Project (ALT SOUNDTRACK AVAILABLE)

Post by SLON »

Alando1 wrote:Wow! That looks really nice, SLON. The building textures look really great. The added bushes/plants look nice, too. Since I'm done with Temple of the Lizard Men 5, I'll see if I can return to The DOOM Tribute Project (if my schedule allows me). I like seeing stuff like this. :)

-Alando1
Well, this is just - very rough - a demonstration of what I thought was missing. With the lack of vegetation, it looked really kind of deserted, and some of the textures of the buildings were out of style. It would be nice if the updated version had something similar.

On another note, it would be interesting to get secret maps 31-32. Obviously, this has nothing to do with the main lore, but it has already become so familiar that it is somehow inconvenient not to see them.
Alando1

Post by Alando1 »

@austen1000 - Hi austen1000, I could take a look into it, however, there are some enemies I would not be able to change like the Cybermastermind or any enemies which would affect the flow of a level. I'll see if there is something I can do but I have to look and see what enemies can and cannot be replaced.

@SLON - It was a pretty good demonstration when you showed those screenshots. Even though I didn't use the vegetation you used, I felt using more "vanilla" decorations would be more appropriate. Since the original Doom trees looked like they were either burnt or distorted looking, I felt they fit the scene a bit better (particularly in the Suburbs remake). Still, your idea was pretty awesome none the less. You were absolutely right about the original Suburbs level - it was quite barren without having some kind of vegetation. In regard to the inclusion of Wolfenstein and Grosse, it would be interesting to try and create a reinterpreted version of the two levels. Level 31 pretty much was a simplified dungeon/prison and level 32 seemed almost like a main hall/lobby/hub/entryway. I'll think about it. It'll be an interesting challenge to give the two Wolfenstein levels the DOOM Tribute treatment.

-Alando1
austen1000

Post by austen1000 »

Alando1 wrote:@austen1000 - Hi austen1000, I could take a look into it, however, there are some enemies I would not be able to change like the Cybermastermind or any enemies which would affect the flow of a level. I'll see if there is something I can do but I have to look and see what enemies can and cannot be replaced.
-Alando1
Thank you. Looking forward to it.
Doomguy914

Post by Doomguy914 »

I've finally started my playthrough of the Tribute Project. And despite your warnings, I'm playing through it on Ultra Violence, Alando1. :P

Let me know what you think!
Alamo985
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Alamo985 »

This map pack is one of the first I have ever gone through from start to finish. Took nearly 5 hours to complete, and was worth every second. I have to use Lite Edition+ Universal Compatibility Patch to play with Trailblazer mod, which appropriately put Doom Marine as the protagonist from 80s action films. And the best part is, you made the damn Downtown enjoyable (and frantic too). Wish you made a truly Vanilla patch in which no extra monsters are present. That would make one hell of an experience when I slap in Project Brutality 3.0.
666/10 UAC approved.
Alando1

Post by Alando1 »

@Doomguy914 - Enjoyed it very much! Can't wait to see more! :)

@Alamo985 - Glad you enjoyed it! :) austen1000, too, inquired about a monster replacement add-on on the top post of this page. I will be working on it soon and it will replace the custom enemies with the standard Doom monsters. Just need to finish some other projects I have been working on and then I will get to work on it.

-Alando1
TobeyGarfield

Post by TobeyGarfield »

Hello. I just created an account here to say that I absolutely love this project. I will be patiently waiting for the no custom monsters edition so that I could do a playthrough of this. I have already played through it once and would like to do the same with other mods. Thank you so much for the project!
Alando1

Post by Alando1 »

@TobeyGarfield - Thank you! I'm glad you've enjoyed it. Yes, the monster replacement add-on will be coming soon. I found time to do work on it and will release it soon.

-Alando1
Alando1

Re: DOOM Tribute Project - Lite Edition RELEASED! [UPDATE]

Post by Alando1 »

Hey guys, I am happy to announce the release of the Vanilla Monsters Add-on for The DOOM Tribute Project - Lite Edition! The file download is available on the first page and at the bottom of the first post.

You'll see a file named: "DT-VanillaMonsters.wad"

I've tested it with Brutal Doom & Project Brutality and it works pretty well... and it was quite fun :)

I hope all of you enjoy it and if there are any issues, please let me know.

-Alando1
TobeyGarfield

Re: DOOM Tribute Project - Lite Edition RELEASED! [UPDATE]

Post by TobeyGarfield »

Alando1 wrote:Hey guys, I am happy to announce the release of the Vanilla Monsters Add-on for The DOOM Tribute Project - Lite Edition! The file download is available on the first page and at the bottom of the first post.

You'll see a file named: "DT-VanillaMonsters.wad"

I've tested it with Brutal Doom & Project Brutality and it works pretty well... and it was quite fun :)

I hope all of you enjoy it and if there are any issues, please let me know.

-Alando1
Thank you so much for the work! I hope this wad gets more popular now.
Alando1

Re: DOOM Tribute Project - UPDATE: Vanilla Monsters Add-On

Post by Alando1 »

TobeyGarfield wrote: Thank you so much for the work! I hope this wad gets more popular now.
You're welcome :)

-Alando1

Return to “Levels”