[1.4.0/1.4.1] Random Menu Flickering

Moderator: Raze Developers

HydroFS02
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

[1.4.0/1.4.1] Random Menu Flickering

Post by HydroFS02 »

Hello. I've been having this problem when playing Duke 3D + Add-ons with the Raze3D renderer in Vulkan mode where menu graphics and such start flickering and glitching wildly. Haven't been able to trigger this consistently and any screenshot I take doesn't show the issue so I'm guessing it must be a fault of my GPU or something else. Using Radeon RX550/550 Series card still with latest stable/recommended drivers (21.10.2) on Windows 10. This issue does not seem to trigger in OpenGL mode.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: [1.4.0/1.4.1] Random Menu Flickering

Post by Rachael »

What addons specifically? Not that I would expect this to change much, but it's still helpful to know in any case.
mjr4077au
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by mjr4077au »

If you can get a potato photo or even a video off your phone and stick it up on YouTube, it'd be helpful. I've never seen anything like what you're describing before.
HydroFS02

Post by HydroFS02 »

Rachael wrote:What addons specifically? Not that I would expect this to change much, but it's still helpful to know in any case.
Sorry. I guess I used the wrong word there, but I meant the expansions like Duke Carribean and Duke it out in DC. My mistake.
mjr4077au wrote:If you can get a potato photo or even a video off your phone and stick it up on YouTube, it'd be helpful. I've never seen anything like what you're describing before.
I'll remind myself to do this in the morning tomorrow, because it is currently very late here.

EDIT: Here it is. Forgot Xbox game bar was a thing. Please skip to 0:10 and 0:23 to see what I'm talking about.

As you can see, it happens at random when entering or exiting any option menu, and other times it just stops.
mjr4077au

Post by mjr4077au »

Very interesting... can I confirm what backend you're using? OpenGL, Vulkan or OpenGL ES?
HydroFS02

Post by HydroFS02 »

Should be Vulkan as I mentioned. This doesn't happen in OpenGL or GL ES as far as i can tell.
ReaperAA

Post by ReaperAA »

I can confirm that the same issue is happening with me as well. Oddly enough I didn't notice it yet in Duke3D or SW, but I noticed it in Blood. The flickering happens when navigating the menus using Vulkan renderer. The flickering only happens when not in game. When the game is started and I open/navigate the menus, it doesn't happen.

I am also using AMD GPU (Radeon 530) and Windows 10

Return to “Bugs [Raze]”