[Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5e

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
CoolNoob_0307

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5e

Post by CoolNoob_0307 »

I love it! It's fun, It's creative, It's cool. Probably one of the best gameplay mods i've ever played.
Gourry
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Gourry »

Have a few bit of issues with V1.5e (not sure if these has been mentioned yet) (will add more if find more)

1. key sharing does not work
2. after getting a dupe Conqueror, instead of message of getting +80 junk; it gives me +39.
3. If I turn off key sharing off, the keys will still show up in the next level.
4. Sequential Shot option not working for Skullthrottle and Browning when option is set to on. (Edit)

I've tested these on gzdoom 4.5.0 and 4.6.1

The load order for zdl on doom 2 wad:

Sunlust
Trailblazer 1.53
BDBE 3.2b flashlight
Target Spy 2.0.1
Last edited by Gourry on Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

Gourry wrote:2. after getting a dupe Conqueror, instead of message of getting +80 junk; it gives me +39.
Which difficulty are you playing on? Junk is technically a type of ammo, so it follows the same ammo factor rules: My guess is that it got chopped in half with a 0.5 ammo factor.
Gourry

Post by Gourry »

Ryuhi wrote:
Gourry wrote:2. after getting a dupe Conqueror, instead of message of getting +80 junk; it gives me +39.
Which difficulty are you playing on? Junk is technically a type of ammo, so it follows the same ammo factor rules: My guess is that it got chopped in half with a 0.5 ammo factor.
/Edgelord mode.
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

that one has half ammo so that makes sense then
Gourry

Post by Gourry »

Ryuhi wrote:that one has half ammo so that makes sense then

Well, thanks for letting me know. I didn't know it did that.
dragomir

Post by dragomir »

Can you upload both of your mode in Mod db or in google drive?I cant download Guncaster or Trailblazer from mediafire :( .I tried everything,including turning off add blocker,
turning off firewall,creating account but no result :shrug:.Its odd,because i have downloaded other modes from ZDoom and had no problem.The one uploaded in mediafire gives me trouble sometime,but eventually i can download them.This is the only mode i cant download.
openroadracer
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by openroadracer »

Okay, so, having played around with them more, the Eliminator lever shotguns with the "Uranium Shot" upgrade are overpowered, even in comparison to the standard set by the rest of this mod. It basically makes the Chrome Justice, even with both of its upgrades, a complete waste of Dem Shells, because of its dramatically higher damage.

Or at least, it feels like it does a ton more damage.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Finally decided to pick up a new copy of Trailblazer yesterday (well, about a few days ago, then I looked up and realized it was merely the initial 1.5 release, so I got the newest one yesterday). Been playing the hell out of it quite a bit, blazing through the Doomer Board Projects like a bat outta hell. :D

With this, I have a few quality-of-life suggestions and a few bugs to report.
Spoiler: QOL:
Spoiler: Bugs:
Feel free to ask questions. :)

P.S.: WTF is MoonSpeak and what's its purpose in Trailblazer?
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

DoomKrakken wrote:Stuff
-Shotgun reload: I like the idea, given its cheap and fast to do, but I need to improve it a little. I have an idea how though, so thanks!
-Colts turn to junk: I obviously had a thought to do that, but given the nature of how I handled it in Conqueror, having multi in mind - you pick it up once and its gone, and I'd rather share that gun when applicable, so I left it as-is. So far I tried it, the way you handle it makes you infinitely pick up more metal until you're full, so that's no bueno.
-Eliminator zoom: At the time I felt it worked better for me to hold the button, but I guess it'd be more in-line with the rest of weapons to keep it toggled. Will add that.
-Eliminator spacing: I'll keep Eliminators as-is, they aim at crosshair and while I am not super-consistent with that, it looks okay to me!
-Spikebomb cooldown: Intentional. If somebody needs more than one pipebomb, other than the one he just tossed in a pinch - just draw the weapon. I might lower it to say, 6 seconds, however.
-both Rocket Launcher replacements dropping both types of ammo: Intentional. Probably ain't gonna change, but I might change my mind down the line?
-Chrome projectiles: I guess I'll do that. I prefer to be able to hit more things, but maybe it won't matter that much, given fastprojectiles are pretty sensitive anyway. I'll see how that feels over tests, if it will be okay, I'll keep it as-is.
-Health and armor bonus tracking: I don't think I wanna dive into messing with armor again, given it was hell and a half to track this stuff and keep normal armor pickups work as intended in GC, to the point I just threw it out cause it was too much headache. The Skulltag system, while it doesn't keep the upgrade after you respawn or any tokens to track down for the HUD, at least it takes care of most of that nonsense internally. I'll just add token to display on HUD that'll reset upon respawn, and that oughta do it.
-Macheterang bug: Ah shit, I thought I've fixed that... Goddamnit. Kay, it should be good now on my side, I hope.
-Sprite cutoff: I don't see that on my side and not sure if I wanna go over all the sprites and adjust them like that, given I'd have to do that all over the textures entries too, oof.
-Decorate replacements: Hence me leaving spawners in decorate. I think its okay, I just didn't bother with all the pickups given I rarely, if at all, ran into issues of things not being replaced. I might just fill in those holes then, given I don't think nor wanna have to add yet another event handler for that.

As of Moonspeak!... It is a very magical thing, a gift from noble Mima praiser KeksDose!
openroadracer wrote:Okay, so, having played around with them more, the Eliminator lever shotguns with the "Uranium Shot" upgrade are overpowered, even in comparison to the standard set by the rest of this mod. It basically makes the Chrome Justice, even with both of its upgrades, a complete waste of Dem Shells, because of its dramatically higher damage.

Or at least, it feels like it does a ton more damage.
I am fairly certain that fully upgraded Chrome is still slightly better, but I digress.
dragomir wrote:Can you upload both of your mode in Mod db or in google drive?I cant download Guncaster or Trailblazer from mediafire :( .I tried everything,including turning off add blocker,
turning off firewall,creating account but no result :shrug:.Its odd,because i have downloaded other modes from ZDoom and had no problem.The one uploaded in mediafire gives me trouble sometime,but eventually i can download them.This is the only mode i cant download.
I had an odd situation with my mods being put there and somehow being tied to my account without me agreeing to it, but at this point I guess the dust had settled. If I'll wanna try my luck myself there, I'll think about it! For now, sorry it doesn't work for you, but I honestly don't wanna maintain too many sources of download at once.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

PillowBlaster wrote:-Colts turn to junk: I obviously had a thought to do that, but given the nature of how I handled it in Conqueror, having multi in mind - you pick it up once and its gone, and I'd rather share that gun when applicable, so I left it as-is. So far I tried it, the way you handle it makes you infinitely pick up more metal until you're full, so that's no bueno.
Right, I figured that, and I ran into that problem myself... but if you look at the code solution I provided in my post, you can see that it won't infinitely pick up. I tested and refined it until it worked properly! :D

It's a much simpler way of handling a gun being converted to scrap, and you won't need to go through all those hoops like you did with the Conqueror. Try it and see!
PillowBlaster wrote:-Sprite cutoff: I don't see that on my side and not sure if I wanna go over all the sprites and adjust them like that, given I'd have to do that all over the textures entries too, oof.
Right, right... it's kinda hard to see, but it is present, I assure you.

I would suggest aiming at a bright texture (preferably white or red), or even a brightly-colored skybox, and then walk around. You'll see it then.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

DoomKrakken wrote:Right, I figured that, and I ran into that problem myself... but if you look at the code solution I provided in my post, you can see that it won't infinitely pick up. I tested and refined it until it worked properly! :D

It's a much simpler way of handling a gun being converted to scrap, and you won't need to go through all those hoops like you did with the Conqueror. Try it and see!
Not sure how you tested it, but I did try it, and sadly it filled up my inventory to 999 on both players. If you can figure out how to fix that though, I'll gladly take that in!
DoomKrakken wrote:Right, right... it's kinda hard to see, but it is present, I assure you.

I would suggest aiming at a bright texture (preferably white or red), or even a brightly-colored skybox, and then walk around. You'll see it then.
Tried as hard as I might, I can't see it, sorry. I tried other resolutions, moving around, screenshots, you name it. If I'll get enough spare time and patience, I'll go through all the sprites, but otherwise, this just sounds like too much effort for no gain.
KeksDose

Post by KeksDose »

respect your hustle tho lel

and yea, moonspeak is a gift lel one of its purposes is that it only contains all the significant code I wrote, so I can just throw in a text detailing reuse permissions, cuz they're partly different from the rest of the mods (tb, gc and ro each have one such dir). it's like a library of sorts almost!
openroadracer
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by openroadracer »

So, seems that running this mod with Xim's Star Wars Enemies, there's a sprite conflict between the Patriarch grenade launcher's reload animation and a Zombieman-replacing Scout Trooper. Or at least, I think it's a Scout Trooper. He seems to use the voice lines of the Stormtroopers, but the sound of his gun firing matches the sound of the black-clad Imperial Non-Commissioned Officers' pistols.
Nems
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Nems »

In the Automap Options of GZDoom I have it set to always show keys. However, with Trailblazer it doesn't show keys on the automap even with that option on. Is this intentional? No big deal if it is but I wanted to at least bring it up just in case it's a bug. :P

Return to “Gameplay Mods”