Gardevoir Has A Gun: Version 1.4 [06MAR2023] Gardevoir Day Update!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
kevansevans
Spotlight Team
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Project GHAG : Gardevoir Has a Gun [WIP - 24AUG2021]

Post by kevansevans »

24AUG2021 Update: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nvjogjsz8xefb ... 1.pk3?dl=0

Added:

- Rage candy bar: Increases max anger little by little. Find them in secrets!
- Moon Blast: Big ol' FUCK YOU explosion
- Alt-Fire to pistol and shotgun
- Find extra pistols/shotguns in backpacks
- Fires every pistol/shotgun on hand with trade offs
- Shiny demons! 1 in 4096's chance to spawn!
- `shinyodds` command to change odds of shiny demons

Changed:
- Nerfed backpack, but not in a huge impactful way.
- Buffed plasma rifle. Exploding projectiles!
- Buffed chjainsaw replacement! Find sawblades and sic them on emeies.
- Nerfed how much rage berserk will grant when over the limit.
kevansevans
Spotlight Team

Re: Project GHAG : Gardevoir Has a Gun [WIP - 17SEP2021]

Post by kevansevans »

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tmkvgj4b5s0m0 ... 1.pk3?dl=0

Changed:
- Max anger severely nerfed to start off at 10 percent. This was made to help respect the difficulty curve of early maps in custom wads.
- Rage Candy bar balanced to reflect this. Grants 2 max anger when below 100, 1 when above.
- Numbers on hud for anger indicator.
- Shotgunners no longer drop shotguns. You start with a shotgun to compensate.
- Backpacks no longer grant bonus guns. Bonus guns are now delegated to secret finding.
- 'Give all' console command will set max anger to 100 if it's not already, and add 10 if max is above 100.

Added:
- Low health warning akin to the pokemon franchise (Plays once and won't go off again until player recovers from critical health)

New gameplay video!
Lord_Greyscale

Post by Lord_Greyscale »

Very fun mod, though I'm curious why the Torture Blade chainsaw replacement ends up with such a high ammo capacity, given that chainsaws themselves (the only way to get more blades) are *incredibly rare*.

I'm wondering if you'd meant them to come with backpacks in an earlier version, or simply to replace more powerups than the combination of mods I'm running is allowing.
(using Negative-One for it's maps, though it seems to have been a partial conversion too, so that alone may be the reason)

I'm allso wondering if you'd had any thoughts for an alt-fire of the Torture Blade(s), I'm feeling a distinct void there. (possibly even have it drain rage, since the only options I can think of would otherwise be OP)

Personally, I was thinking either "ring of blades" option that just sends them out in increasingly distant orbits (the first 3-to-6 in close, the next batch out further, and rotating the opposite way, and the last batch furthest out) or an "all the blades" option that simply sends all the current stock of blades at the targeted enemy. (most because surprise cyberdemons are very very unpleasant surprises)
kevansevans
Spotlight Team

Post by kevansevans »

Lord_Greyscale wrote:though I'm curious why the Torture Blade chainsaw replacement ends up with such a high ammo capacity, given that chainsaws themselves (the only way to get more blades) are *incredibly rare*.
Because "why not?" mostly. I want this mod to work on as many maps as I can, and if by some magical reason they put multiple chainsaws on it, well there you go. It's always bothered me that the game even does that to begin with, having multiple chainsaws to find, but only offering one to use. Same with the backpack, so I made several items have some logical/gameplay mechanic on finding more than one of them. I could probably make the pickups more generous to help with maps that are more light on chainsaw pickups.

As for the alt-fire, the ranged attack sort of is the over powered alt attack? Would probably work better if I specifically delegated it to the alt-fire button. But I will admit the chainsaw replacement is a bit lacking, and have been putting thought into it.

Thanks for checking out my mod! Appreciate the feedback!
kevansevans
Spotlight Team

Re: Project GHAG : Gardevoir Has a Gun [WIP - 08DEC2021]

Post by kevansevans »

Hey y'all, been a bit? https://www.dropbox.com/s/a5zwvjnbzz1j3 ... 1.pk3?dl=0

Changes:
- Default anger value raised to 20 percent. This is to make the effect of anger easier to noticed, as 10 percent was often too little to make a noticeable difference.
- Plasma Rifle now acquired via finding cell ammo.
- Plasma Rifle revision: Given the multi-wield treatment, alt fire detonate projectiles.
- Improved the weapon replacement system, should greatly improve the mods capacity to play with other mods that may have custom weapons. This fix is not universal, especially if said custom weapon uses a custom ammo type.
- Swift deals greater damage, but fires slower at base.
- Because fuck nazis and fuck fascism, Wolfenstein SS drop highest anger bonus and health bonuses upon death. Slaughter them.
- Top rocket speed lowered to prevent weird behavior caused by super fast travel speeds.

Fixed
- Mod crash when hud had to draw text when player did not have a weapon.

Removed:
- Mega punch, Thunder Punch, Fire Punch. People seldom used these alternative modes of attack.
- Anger penalty, mod no longer penalizes missed enemies.
- Bunch of redundant sprites being removed. Looking at you rockets.

Added:
- Sawblades now make sounds when tearing into enemies.
- Shotgun melee mode. Press reload to turn your primary fire into a "THWACK" mode. Alt fire will fire a normal shotgun attack if at least an extra one is present.
Starman the Blaziken
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Starman the Blaziken »

Nice. Got this update out on my birthday as I was waiting to unwrap the latest Pokémon games. ;)
kevansevans
Spotlight Team

Post by kevansevans »

Starman the Blaziken wrote:Nice. Got this update out on my birthday as I was waiting to unwrap the latest Pokémon games. ;)
Happy belated birthday!

=====

Update for 17DEC2021: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6nrcmqasm290a ... 1.pk3?dl=0

Fixed:
- Plasma Rifles placed by map makers are now properly replaced with cell packs.

Changed:
- Cleaned up a bunch of code.
- Clip/Pistol ammo now grants pistol in situations where players have no inventory.
- Rebalanced odds of extra guns. Pistols have greater odds, shotguns stayed the same, and plasma rifles were reduced.

Added:
- Rocket alt-fire. Que up to 6 extra rockets to unleash into a devastating volley.
- More rocket names.
barosans

Re: Project GHAG : Gardevoir Has a Gun [WIP - 17DEC2021]

Post by barosans »

the ammunition is totally broken, impossible to recover, even if it says that the ammunition is taken

in fact, is it normal that 1 shot of 1 plasma rifle costs 2 cells of energy ?
kevansevans
Spotlight Team

Post by kevansevans »

barosans wrote:the ammunition is totally broken, impossible to recover, even if it says that the ammunition is taken

in fact, is it normal that 1 shot of 1 plasma rifle costs 2 cells of energy ?
You'll need to be a bit more specific about what you mean about the ammo being "impossible to recover", what exactly is going on? I'll investigate the plasma rifle however, that doesn't seem like appropriate behavior.

EDIT: Problem has been identified and I'll be addressing this now.

EDIT 2: Problem addressed, go ahead and re-download from the same provided link.
openroadracer
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by openroadracer »

Question: Is it normal that all ammo pickups are consumed as soon as I walk over them, even if my ammo's already at max?
kevansevans
Spotlight Team

Post by kevansevans »

Definitely not normal. Will (attempt to) address soon.
kevansevans
Spotlight Team

Re: Project GHAG : Gardevoir Has a Gun [HOTFIX - 21DEC2021]

Post by kevansevans »

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u5y0o032afwba ... 1.pk3?dl=0

Fixed a handful of ammo issues that were making the mod difficult to play normally. Should be resolved.
openroadracer

Post by openroadracer »

Been trying this out more today. First attempt through some of Ultimate DooM E1, and I was kinda disappointed in how little Rage I was developing. So, I plugged in m8f's "10.5X Enemy Multiplier" and decided that since this mod starts the player with 350 health instead of the default 100, tripling the enemies shouldn't be much of an issue.

Holy CRAP, was I not prepared for how powerful your Rage makes you.

Yeah, after I run through WadSmooshed DooM Classic Complete with this, I'm going to try Deus Vult II. Of course, I'm going to bring down the enemy count back to default, but I think this Gardevoir can handle it.
openroadracer

Post by openroadracer »

Apologies for double-posting, and I understand that these two ideas would require a fair bit of work to make either happen. It's just that I thought of two ideas to expand this mod:
  1. First up, would you consider adding a Gallade class? The differences would be that Gardevoir gets better resistance against fireballs, while Gallade gets better resistance against melee and bullets; and additionally, that Gallade would have weaker powers in exchange for more effective melee abilities. Possibly also more base Health for Gallade, as well.
  2. Having the possibility to Mega-Evolve your character could provide a fun extra option for particularly long map sets, where it's possible to push your maximum Anger above 100. Basically, make it where a Gardevoirite(or Galladeite, if you're playing as Gallade) can spawn in the map ONLY if your max Anger at map load is 100 or greater. Upon acquiring the Mega Stone, you'd be able to Mega Evolve by pushing your Anger above 100. Possibly include a +10 max Anger boost when you get the Mega Stone. This would give you unique enhanced powers, and could provide different buffs from and even stack with the "HELL HATH NO FURY" mode from a Berserk Pack.
I dunno, just thoughts on how to make an already excellent mod even better.
kevansevans
Spotlight Team

Post by kevansevans »

I an currently not interested in making any other classes. I want to avoid putting in things that are more or less the same abilities, where the only difference is a slightly adjusted number.

Stuff like mega-evolution is something I haven't thought of something decent for. I don't want my mod to suffer from "having everything" in it just because it's a thing gardevoir has associated with them, as I feel getting it in for that sake will have me end up producing lack-luster content.

Appreciate the suggestions though!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”