Hell-Forged (updated to v1.11 - development paused)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

How do you feel about the difficulty of Hell-Forged Maps on UV (Grandmaster)?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:26 am

Too Easy
9%
Somewhat Easy
4%
Just Right
22%
Somewhat Hard
52%
Too Hard
13%
Impossible
No votes

Total votes: 23

Rudiarius

Re:

Post by Rudiarius »

loving the mod bro, but is there anyway to go back to a previous level? I've missed a sentient mushroom :cry:
Amuscaria

Re: Re:

Post by Amuscaria »

Rudiarius wrote:loving the mod bro, but is there anyway to go back to a previous level? I've missed a sentient mushroom :cry:
Nope, but you can use the console to spawn the mushroom. Which one are you missing?
Gez

Post by Gez »

You can use changemap console command to go to any level you want without losing current progression. Note that the level will be reset.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: Hell-Forged - Please fill out poll on opening post.

Post by Captain J »

T'was moderately challenging. Not frustrating or anything but some maps were large and rather finicky to beat, mostly because of damage-to-player increase and those freaking Behemoths...
Rudiarius

Post by Rudiarius »

Amuscaria wrote: Nope, but you can use the console to spawn the mushroom. Which one are you missing?
I'm missing the fifth mushroom, thanks a million bro!
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

@Rudiarius: Yet another person asking about the Map5 mushroom, even though it's the easiest one to get, lol. I'ts in the green key room with all of the green life extractor tanks. One of them has a mushroom in it. Destroy the tank and it will drop.

Ah I forgot about the change map command. So yeah, do what Gez said and type in "ChangeMap H1M5". Or you can use the console to use the summon command: "Summon AmuRed", for that mushroom in particular.
Rudiarius

Post by Rudiarius »

@Amuscaria thank you thank you thank you
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Currently playing through this, I'm at HF1M6. After spending nearly two hours searching for the remaining three secrets in the map, I gave up and used the automap cheat. Of those three secrets I only managed to find one, which wasn't that hard to get, admittedly. The other two, even with the cheat, I couldn't find. I looked at the map in the editor, and found out why: two of the aracknights in the map are flagged as secrets. Ugh!

The culprits are things #1470 (x = 2672, y = 752) and #1471 (x = 2672, y = 592).

Another (unrelated) issue to mention while I'm here: after draining the blood barrels with the Wheel of Pain, they don't lose their attached dynamic light.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Blue Shadow wrote:The culprits are things #1470 (x = 2672, y = 752) and #1471 (x = 2672, y = 592).
Yup. That's a known problem, assuming you mean the two Aracknights. Made a post about it when I released 1.10. I'll fix it officially in the 1.20 patch. I'll ass a mention of it in the OP.

I'll take a look at the light issue. Thanks for notifying me. :)
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Amuscaria wrote:Yup. That's a known problem, assuming you mean the two Aracknights.
Yeah, it's them.

Do you have a list of known issues? Adding such a list to the OP would be a good thing, so we don't report things that are already known or have been fixed.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Blue Shadow wrote:Do you have a list of known issues? Adding such a list to the OP would be a good thing, so we don't report things that are already known or have been fixed.
That's the only outstanding issue that I know of. Guess it'd be easier to just release the 1.11 version I'm sitting on right now.
--------------------------
BTW, is there some sort of Spoiler-tag limit per post? Adding a spoiler to the OP causes all of the other spoiler tags to break for some reason.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Amuscaria wrote:BTW, is there some sort of Spoiler-tag limit per post? Adding a spoiler to the OP causes all of the other spoiler tags to break for some reason.
There is. You must be sitting right at the limit.

IIRC the limit was put in because some people were having far too much fun with obnoxious nested spoiler boxes.
Spoiler:
If so, I'm not sure it's still needed...
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Amuscaria wrote:Guess it'd be easier to just release the 1.11 version I'm sitting on right now.
Will it be released soon, or is there still time to report more issues?
Kneight

Post by Kneight »

One bug: When playing with multiplayer monsters or sv_alwaysspawnmulti, there's an archvile on map HF1M4 that remains dormant after entering the arena full of mancubi.
If I'm not mistaken, it is: thing // 739 ; x = -5120.000; y = 1432.000;
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Spoiler:

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”