Zombies Ate My Neighbors TC! (MARCH 2022 AND ANNOUNCEMENT!)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: Zombies Ate My Neighbors TC! (MARCH 2021 UPDATE!!!)

Post by Captain J »

One of them babies will grow quick and act their age... I mean literally! Can't wait to see how it works.
Dude27th

Post by Dude27th »

Captain J wrote:One of them babies will grow quick and act their age... I mean literally! Can't wait to see how it works.
I can't wait too ^^
I'm still studying his behaviour to know how should they work
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

And making doom-friendly sprites of big baby might be a bit challenging, though. But i hope you finish it somehow! Only first rotation would work, methinks. Also i recently played March 2021 update and i really like the new map!
Spoiler: During the gameplay i've spotted some odd spot and would like to share them.
Dude27th

Post by Dude27th »

Captain J wrote:And making doom-friendly sprites of big baby might be a bit challenging, though. But i hope you finish it somehow! Only first rotation would work, methinks. Also i recently played March 2021 update and i really like the new map!
Spoiler: During the gameplay i've spotted some odd spot and would like to share them.
"At this map, the treetop prop floats after being cut off by the chainsaw guy. Is this tree ghost too?"
- All the treetops in the original ZAMN floated even after being destroyed, it could be probably improved, but it's not a priority at the moment.

"Some cracked wall textures might need to be recolored."
- Yeah I know

"So i'm seeing the doppelgangers but they're exactly like zombies but a bit faster. I expected them to imitate you, like shooting water gun or something."
- I actually thought about adding this , in the original the tried to mimic the player movement and direction sometimes, but this wouldn't work in first person and even if it is doable it wouldn't be the same due to the change of perspective. Making them shooting the water gun could be added at some point to continue this intention but I was doubting if it would be out of character or not.

"I see some flat props and all. I know that the TC is still in WIP but i'd like to see them interactive!"
- They are going to! ^^
When I finish making their voxels they are going to be interactable

"I picked up some money and gold items around the map. But for some reason they don't grant me point or anything. What's the purpose?"
That's odd, they are exactly points , 50 and 100 respectively I might have to check that out.

And thanks for trying the latest demo! ^^

UPDATE: @Captain J yes, actually the ScorePoints where not giving Score Points , it's fixed now ! ^^
Dude27th

Post by Dude27th »

Titanic Toddler in the works!
Screenshot_Doom_20210406_054440.png
Dude27th

Post by Dude27th »

New Demo on my Patreon! ^^

Thanks to "ThePixelPigeon" for the new sprites for the Titanic Toddler c:
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Nice to see the progress is smooth and all but that baby sure has a lot of health! Also Snakeoid and Dr. Tongue's final form would look nice in first person as well.
Dude27th

Post by Dude27th »

Captain J wrote:Nice to see the progress is smooth and all but that baby sure has a lot of health!
Yeah, the health is to compensate the change between a single stick shooter to a twin stick shooter.
In the original game the health is lower but at the same time it is harder to hit him because you can only shoot where you are looking at and usually that implies that the baby is already running at you to stomp you.

In a twin stick shooter this wouldn't be as much of a challenge because you could move and aim freely, and making it FPS this makes it essentialy a twin stick shooter as well, so his health was buffed to compensate that fact, as I was getting feedback with previous versions that he was too easy to deal with. :/
Captain J wrote:Also Snakeoid and Dr. Tongue's final form would look nice in first person as well.
Yeah ^^ those new sprites where made by "ThePixelPigeon" , hopefully he can help in the future with the other bosses as well, because his work is incredible
Dude27th

Re: Zombies Ate My Neighbors TC! (HAPPY HALLOWEEN 2021 !!)

Post by Dude27th »

NEW DEMO
NEW DEMO
NEW DEMO
NEW DEMO

IS IN THE FIRST PAGE ^^
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Definitely a good timing to update. Gotta try this one out!
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

Dude27th wrote:NEW DEMO
NEW DEMO
NEW DEMO
NEW DEMO

IS IN THE FIRST PAGE ^^
JUST IN TIME FOR HALLOWEEN! :)
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Enjoyed a lot with today's update. Tho Weed Gone Bad one felt like a filler stage, if you have a lot of ammo for Weed whacker. I expected it to be maze-y and whatnot.

But other new stages like Titanic Toddlers and Mars Needs Cheerleaders were so cleverly done!
Dude27th

Post by Dude27th »

YukesVonFaust wrote:
Dude27th wrote:NEW DEMO
NEW DEMO
NEW DEMO
NEW DEMO

IS IN THE FIRST PAGE ^^
JUST IN TIME FOR HALLOWEEN! :)
I couldn't miss Halloween with such a monster centric project! ^^
Dude27th

Post by Dude27th »

Captain J wrote:Enjoyed a lot with today's update. Tho Weed Gone Bad one felt like a filler stage, if you have a lot of ammo for Weed whacker. I expected it to be maze-y and whatnot.

But other new stages like Titanic Toddlers and Mars Needs Cheerleaders were so cleverly done!
Thanks for the feedback! :D

Yeah, Weeds Gone Bad is kind of a filler stage, even in the original if you had enough ammo you would only need to search for the survivors and that would be it.

The Titanic Toddler was a fun one to figure it out and the Mars Needs Cheerleaders too ^^, I lament tho that the "Mars Needs Cheerleaders" level is missing some enemies, as that level in the original introduces the Football Players and the UFO boss as well, but that would be 3 new enemy types (or 4 if you count the two variation of the martians as different enemies), and I didn't have the time to finish them on time.

Anyway thanks for the feedback! ^^
johnb1

Post by johnb1 »

Dang !! This looks amazing… well done !! I have fond memories of playing ZAMN on my Snes back in the day ( and getting my butt handed to me
on a regular basis) -some of the levels are super challenging —- very tough and frustrating at times, to put it nicely… lovin’ the work you did.. and i’m sure, in time, there will be progress, but i’m gonna have to be patient—- you can’t rush a masterpiece-so, it’ll be done when it’s done….

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”