HeXeReTiC Fantasy v3.1.1 (Update 27 Oct 2023)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
dragomir

Re: HeXeReTiC Fantasy v2.5.1 (Update 23 Sep 2021)

Post by dragomir »

1.what does the necklaces do?
2.What does ogre mask do?
3.Does shadow mask make me invisible?
4.what does the big Jar do?

some suggestions.
1. I think vanilla tier 1 yellow weapon (the one in original heretic) is unnecessary,maybe you can remove that weapon.
2. Crossbows.I like the Balista one,its great.and the classic one is good too.it has spread function.and the skull head one which fire multiple shot in alt fire is good too,but the plain looking one is unnecessary in my opinion.
3. The assault rifle is overpowered,IMO.it has high fire rate,lots of ammunition,deals high damage.Maybe nerf this?

Overall many of your weapons are creative and i like most of them,but some of them just seems fire different color of laser and has no unique properties.Maybe you can remove them.There are already so many weapons.Anyway sorry for the rant,but you kind of spoiled me with your modes :D :wub: .
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Hexereticdoom »

dragomir wrote:thanks for the info.i managed to increase hud size.Great mod,just like your doom mode.And its hard even in medium difficulty,i tried in hard and when the game starts i get shot from several sides,it was crazy. :D .i died a lot.and then started from medium difficulty.i am getting the hang of it.i will play this in hard mode later.This one is lot harder then your doom mode.
Glad you like it, hope you keep enjoying and having fun... :)
dragomir wrote:1.what does the necklaces do?
When you activate one of them, the defeated enemies will drop more coins and gems than normal, and even more if you cause them an extreme death. It lasts until you get to the next map.
dragomir wrote:2.What does ogre mask do?
If you put it on, most of your enemies will get scared and run away from you, making their attack frequency quite lower until the effects last.
dragomir wrote:3.Does shadow mask make me invisible?
You won't be totally invisible, but your enemies will lose accuracy in their attacks and certain projectile types will pass through you without harming you.
dragomir wrote:4.what does the big Jar do?
The Resistance Boost Jar increases your current Shield level at a random value between 50 and 100 points.
dragomir wrote: some suggestions.
1. I think vanilla tier 1 yellow weapon (the one in original heretic) is unnecessary,maybe you can remove that weapon.
For historical reasons, I prefer to keep it actively in the game... After all, it is a slot 2 weapon and shouldn't be too strong. However, I could increase its power a little in a future update...
dragomir wrote:2. Crossbows.I like the Balista one,its great.and the classic one is good too.it has spread function.and the skull head one which fire multiple shot in alt fire is good too,but the plain looking one is unnecessary in my opinion.
The Cultist Belly-Bow is in fact an improved version of the classic Ethereal Crossbow, and its arrows are faster and more harmful (like the Ancient Arbalest ones), so I don't think it's a good idea to remove it from the game, unless I found by chance a perfect substitute for it...
dragomir wrote:3. The assault rifle is overpowered,IMO.it has high fire rate,lots of ammunition,deals high damage.Maybe nerf this?
OK, I'll take it into consideration...
dragomir wrote:Overall many of your weapons are creative and i like most of them,but some of them just seems fire different color of laser and has no unique properties.Maybe you can remove them.There are already so many weapons.Anyway sorry for the rant,but you kind of spoiled me with your modes :D :wub: .
Yup, in general terms Heretic game hasn't had as much variety of weapons as Doom's hulking arsenal; so to tell you the truth, it hasn't been an easy task for me to create some original weapons that have not been seen in other mods... :P

Anyway, and as I usually say, there is always some room to improve... But at the moment, I prefer to preserve what is already there rather than remove it from existence... :shucks:
raxor5566

Post by raxor5566 »

there will be some update to this mod, maybe some halloween edition
dragomir

Post by dragomir »

how do you activate the necklaces?i am talking about the one besides bag of holding and map scroll.
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

raxor5566 wrote:there will be some update to this mod, maybe some halloween edition
Well, I have plans for a small update planned for mid to late November, but not related to Halloween at all. So then, it might come quite soon... :winker:
dragomir wrote:how do you activate the necklaces?i am talking about the one besides bag of holding and map scroll.
In the same way that you activate the rest of the artifacts in your inventory. You'll notice that the amulet's powers are enabled through a special sound and its 'active' icon in the HUD, so you just have to kill enemies to collect your increased rewards.

However, keep in mind that the amulet has NO effect on monsters turned into ice statues through freezing attacks. (At least this does not apply to icy enemies, middle bosses and big bosses, as none of them can be frozen).
dragomir

Post by dragomir »

In the same way that you activate the rest of the artifacts in your inventory. You'll notice that the amulet's powers are enabled through a special sound and its 'active' icon in the HUD
The Amulet is not in my inventory,its not with tome of power or ogre mask etc.I am talking about an Amulet in bottom right side of your screen,right beside the Bag of holdings.as far as i know you can not activate bags of holding,it just increase your ammo capacity.
https://i.imgur.com/2PJi2uo.png
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

dragomir wrote:
In the same way that you activate the rest of the artifacts in your inventory. You'll notice that the amulet's powers are enabled through a special sound and its 'active' icon in the HUD
The Amulet is not in my inventory,its not with tome of power or ogre mask etc.I am talking about an Amulet in bottom right side of your screen,right beside the Bag of holdings.as far as i know you can not activate bags of holding,it just increase your ammo capacity.
https://i.imgur.com/2PJi2uo.png
Man, I think you are not understanding me what I mean, or simply I don't get what you want to tell me, so I'll explain it to you more clearly in a screenshot too:
Spoiler:
(These indications may feel pretty obvious, but I think they will be able to answer your question about the topic). :wink:
dragomir

Post by dragomir »

Thanks for the reply and the detailed explanation.I thought this amulet is just like bag of holdings and map scroll,you get its affect immediately after picking up.i didn't notice it gets stored in inventory and i have to use it (like tome of power) to get its affect.
LowEndPCGamer100

Post by LowEndPCGamer100 »

Thanks for keeping this up to date too, this is the best mod for heretic ive ever played lol
Baskiabo
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Baskiabo »

very nice mod, but my cursor crosshair doesnt show

is there a order to load the mods?
Hexereticdoom

Re: HeXeReTiC Fantasy v2.7 (Update 7 Nov 2022)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Howdy my friends! After almost more than a year without having published any update at all, finally version 2.7 has arrived... So after a long time, having been quite busy with my HXRTC Project Doom mod, I decided to take a swap and starting to work back with its equivalent for Heretic game, although not before having gone through quite a serious problem... And you may be wondering, what exactly happened? Well, it turns out that I found out not long ago that one of the most important features of the game, that is, the one related with the weapons under theTome of Power influence, has undergone an unexpected change in behaviour, causing the powered up weapon sound loop to NOT stop playing at all, even after the effect of the Tome of Power has been exhausted. And possibly some of you have already noticed this weird issue as well, since it is something that does not go easily unnoticed.

For all of the above, and after having reported the possible bug in the ZDoom forum a few days ago, I've finally been able to find out that everything was caused by some GZDoom internal code changes, which were introduced from version 4.6.0. (Also, the LZDoom fork started doing the same after updating and adopting the adjustments of the original engine). The aforementioned changes are responsible for restoring the original behaviour of the game when the effect of the Tome of Power ends, that is, WITHOUT lowering the powered-up weapon and then raising the normal weapon. This new default -and not changeable- setting was actively clashing with the old functionality method followed until now in the mod (and also affects some other external files, like the Sgt. Shivers' Shazam Heretic addon).

So then, after thinking about it deeply, plus several fixing attempts -testings and failings- I've seen myself forced to make the determination to say goodbye to the old classic Tome of Power, and replace it with a new artifact with similar benefits, which I'll describe a few lines below. Also, and for avoiding any further issues, most of the mod weapons have been conveniently fixed and reconverted, having removed obsolete Decorate functions and sections, and also discarding several old sprites and sounds.

(I'm sorry if these recent changes do not fit to everyone's taste; it probably won't be in some cases, but as I said before, I have considered it necessary doing it this way. On the other hand, if by chance some of you still use GZDoom v4.5.0, you have the option to stick with previous v2.5.1 of the mod, since under that previous GZDoom version everything still worked flawlessly).

• - Phew... After such a ramble, it's time to go with the changelog for this new version, isn't it? OK, as I said before, the new replacement artifact introduced in this update is... the Tome of Might! And what is actually the difference with the classic Tome of Power, you say? Well, unlike the latter one, the Tome of Might does not grant a visually more powerful version of each weapon, but instead directly multiplies all damage caused by the player by 1.5, including all gunpowder weapons, Dagger attacks and Shurikens. (Yup, the old Tome Of Power worked only and exclusively with magical weapons, as you will remember...) Doesn't sound bad after all, huh? Just get and try one of them, and soon you'll see how for about half a minute your threatening enemies shall drop like flies, even with your most basic weapons!

- Most of the mod magical weapons have been revised and updated with slightly smoother animations and some additional recoil effects. A couple of them have been improved with some new sprites and sounds, while a few others have gained slightly improved attack patterns. However, I think describing each and every change here in detail would be quite tedious to write and boring to read at the same time, so I'd better let you find out for yourselves... :wink:

- Talking about weapons, there is available from now a new semi-secret monster weapon, which could be collected by the player if he is lucky enough. Unfortunately for now there is not much information about it, and the Allied Mages haven't been able to trade this type of weapon either, so currently you won't have the option to buy it directly from them. The only safe to say thing is that those monsters that possess this kind of weapon were already old acquaintances by Corvus III's grandfather...

- A pair of new Crystal Vial types have been included: the Tonic Crystal Vial (it can restore up to 40 health points without surpassing the current maximum HP) and the Aegis Crystal Vial (this one will give you 15 shield points and at same time will grant the highest protection degree; in case you have not equipped any shield when picking it up, a shiny Holy Helmet will be automatically put into inventory, granting the player with a 100% of absorbing damage just like the Legendary Shield). [NOTE: these new items won't be either available for sale through Allied Mages, so you'll only find them scattered on map levels or by random spawning].

- Updated the HUD for compatibility with the Tome of Might artifact and the new rare monster weapon.

- Several bugfixes, a few more tweakings and code optimizations.

Download link is available at the first post, as usual... :wink:

That's all for now. Enjoy and have fun, everyone! 8-)
FeRu
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Ultimate SP1

Re: HeXeReTiC Fantasy v2.7 (Update 7 Nov 2022)

Post by FeRu »

This mod is so fun to play :wub: I love all new weapons, effects and monsters and gameplay features. But if I can make suggestion: I would change some enemies like flying sword or flying cape etc to more demonic/darker monsters because they are not fitting IMO and little break that dark fantasy atmosphere. I know.... I'm little nitpicky :roll:
Great job bro and I can't wait for next updates/versions.
HeXeReTiC Fantasy should be more recognizable....It deserves that.
Hexereticdoom

Re: HeXeReTiC Fantasy v2.7.1 (Update 7 Mar 2023)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Hi there, it's time now for some updatings! This version comes with some interesting extras, like a couple of new revolutionary weapons and also an incoming treacherous enemy to face from now in your heretical adventures! Honestly, you could consider this like a small anticipation for the next major update of the mod that shall come in a not-too distant future... Possibly version 3.0, as you may have thought for yourselves. So, if everything goes as expected, it might come soon, and of course with many new and interesting features for sure... But until then, please stay tuned! :wink:

• OK then, let's start first with the new sneaky foe: the Gloominess Witch, a perfidious and stealthy sorceress who likes to appear out of nowhere and take by surprise her rivals, with erratic movements and fearsome magical attacks. Pay special attention, because the more wounded she is in combat, the more dangerous and difficult to dodge her magic bolts will become. In addition, she has the ability to teleport herself from short to medium distance, although she only tends to use it when cornered. In short terms, she should not become excessively problematic as long as you don't get too confused and also trying to defeat her as quickly as possible...
  • Regarding the new weapons, it's worth mentioning in advance that there is only information available about one of them, since the other is top secret at the present time (sorry for the inconvenience):
    • Mini-Uzi: surprisingly, one more of those firearms coming from another unknown dimension has appeared very recently in the Parthoris realm. Of course, its true origin is not known for sure, but it is estimated that it may come from some time in the future, and it is also speculated at the same time that it could turn out to come from the same universe as your previous firearms... Clearly, this reinforces the theories that someone from another plane of existence is aware of the current critical situation in this world, and whoever it is, provides aid to your cause by somehow transporting highly advanced weapons to this dimension. But for what purpose? Maybe it could be to avoid a possible apocalyptic future? Who knows... But let's go back to the weapon in question; the Mini-Uzi is a quite powerful handgun with a fairly high rate of fire and like the rest of your firearms, it can be fed with standard gunpowder kegs. (As usual, right?) Furthermore, and as an exclusive novelty for this mod, this firearm can be used in dual mode in case you get another unit of the same weapon, thus doubling your offensive capacity! (Not bad, huh?) :D
    • [CLASSIFIED]: yup, I'm really sorry guys, but as I told you before, it seems I have been denied permission to speak too much about this secret weapon for now, so I'm afraid you'll have to find out on your own... The only thing I am allowed to say is the following: it seems to be an archaic but fearsome melee weapon, used once by the soldiers of a now-extinct civilization that resided a long time ago in the far eastern lands of the Parthoris realm... That's all I can talk, I cannot give more reliable information right now, but I confidently hope that you shall be able to reveal most of the secrets that surround this mysterious ancient weapon... :wink:
  • Fixed a small bug related to the Dark Crusader, whose attack sound when throwing fireballs was not played correctly.
  • Tweaked globally the properties of gunpowder ammunition amount which you get from picking up any of the Slot 0 weapons (for balance purposes).
  • Updated the HUD for compatibility with the new introduced weapons.
  • Some other minor changes, bugfixes and code optimizations.

Your download link is awaiting at first post... Hope you keep enjoying and having fun! 8-)
Hexereticdoom

Re: HeXeReTiC Fantasy v2.7.2 (Update 23 Mar 2023)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Hello again mates! You know, just after having published just barely a few days ago the last update of the mod, I have decided to release yet another new update taking advantage of the fact that lately, I am somewhat more inspired to incorporate some more new features than in other past seasons... And while I still have a moderately long way to go for the future big release of version 3.0, I actually have hope and desire to be able to reach that day! It is true that it might be a complicated task, but in the end it shall come; sooner or later, but it shall come for sure... So like i said not long ago, be patient and keep staying tuned! :wink:

• Well then, having said all the above and without further ado, we begin with the first main course of the day: the new Food Barrels and Food Mini-Barrels have finally arrived at the mod! From now on a good assortment of these decorative wooden objects (full of nutritious items, of course) will be available at random throughout your heretical adventures. In case you come across one (or more than one) you only have to break it/them and then collect your tasty reward, which will help you recover lost Health Points without having to resort to the classic Crystal Vials. (The number of recovered HP will depend on the picked up food item, some of them will heal you more effectively than other ones). Oh yes, I forgot to tell you that some of these barrels may be guarded by those nasty Killer Plants, so you'll have to deal with them before you fill your stomach... (In addition, there is a small chance that a few barrels you come across may be completely empty). Good luck, and bon appetit my friend!
  • In addition to the above, another great special item is from now available which you could find by chance in certain places if fortune gets favorable to you: the Magic Supply Box! Although the exact origin of this big package is currently unknown, and like the great treasure hunter you've always been, you won't hesitate to practice the old standard procedure... 'You find it, you keep it!' So then, as soon as you pick one up around, you'll obtain instantly 20 Health Points and 20 Shield Points, apart from a moderate amount of basic magical ammunition (30 Wand Crystals, 15 Ethereal Arrows, 30 Claw Orbs, 30 Eternal Ice Chunks and 60 Lesser Runes). Not bad, right? :)
  • Available from now another of those semi-secret monster weapons, which with a bit of luck you'll be able to obtain and add to your arsenal. It is a pity that at the moment there is not enough information about this pretty rare weapon, nor even from what specific enemies it could be acquired... However, it is speculated from the knowledge of the Allied Mages guild that they must be a fairly common type of foe in the evil D'Sparil realm. So then, who knows, perhaps the possibility of them turning out to be old acquaintances seems pretty high after all...
  • Some of the Slot 1 weapons have been slightly polished visually and physically: the Staff's primary attack has a little bit more range (also an extra sprite has been added to give it smoother movement); the Necromancer Gauntlets now have more symmetrical idle sprites than the original ones (although their attack properties remain unchanged) and the Fiery Crystal has increased its movement speed, allowing to attack a bit faster in less space of time (also added a few sprites for smoother animation). At the same time, the firing animations of some of the classic weapons like the Ethereal Crossbow, the Hell Staff and the Phoenix Rod have been also improved and smoothed on a small degree.
  • Reduced the scale of each and every weapon sprites that can be picked up in the game by 10% (just for cosmetic purposes, other functions remain unchanged).
  • Updated the HUD for compatibility with the new rare monster weapon.
  • Some other bugfixes and minor code optimizations.

That's all for the moment, dear comrades! Next stop, version 3.0 (hopefully...) :thumb:

Until then, please enjoy and have fun as usual! 8-)
Ac!d

Re: HeXeReTiC Fantasy v2.7.2 (Update 23 Mar 2023)

Post by Ac!d »

Frames RAXEA3A7 and RAXEB2B8 doesn't exist. I rotate RAXEC3C7 and RAXEC2C8 to 180° in order to make the mod works.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”