Ashes Afterglow TC - closing the vault

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

(Ep1 Remaster Release) Ashes Afterglow

Post by Vostyok »

HELLO!

Apologies for the long delay. A lot of issues had to be ironed out. The following link is the Enriched Edition of Ashes 2063 - Episode 1. Many thanks for all the support and patience.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/46uccia5 ... d.pk3/file

The Enriched edition contains the original Episode one, an expanded tutorial (with the ability to leave now!), the full Dead Man Walking Expansion, loads of new textures and art (thanks to Retromuffin34 for help with the new textures), new sprites and sounds for weapons and enemies, as well as some of the new features from Afterglow (you can now hold a lantern with one of your pistols, and the boot knife is on a separate key.)
Also included are many of the sounds included courtesy of Captain J's Wasteland SFX pack, a special surprise from the original release (special thanks to TheRailgunner), as well as a handful of new secrets to find. I hope you enjoy this new edition of our original works, and that it gets you all up to speed ready for Episode 2, releasing tomorrow.

Full credits for this release detailed below, please let me know if I have forgotten anyone :oops:
Spoiler:
Last edited by Vostyok on Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
himmelreich

Re: (Episode 1 Release) Ashes Afterglow

Post by himmelreich »

Nice appetizer before main dish.
Gals Ears

Post by Gals Ears »

Hey Vostyok, I'm a huge fan of this project and have been following it for years. Just had a quick question for you. Is it possible to toggle steering the motorcycle with the mouse on and off? I would like to be able to steer the bike using my keyboard, but I cannot find the option to do so in the menu.
himmelreich

Post by himmelreich »

Is there a way to switch motorcycle controls to keyboard instead of mouse?
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

lol. And I thought people didn't like keyboard controls. I will see what I can do and upload a replacement wad.
himmelreich

Post by himmelreich »

It's not that I don't like mouse control, I'm just very unaccustomed to it. And it's reaaally fast.
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

No problem. While I am working on that, if you bind a key temporarily to turn left and turn right, you should have the option of using that instead. Trying to get it working with strafe keys again.
Piner

Post by Piner »

Yea, me too, never liked mouse controled vehicles. Keyboard is much more comfortable.

Is it me or the diffculty is higher. Mutants move faster and have lunge attack. Do raiders move faster too?

Great game! Cant wait for the next part.
NovaRain

Post by NovaRain »

Just played the tutorial, for some reason the motorcycle control is even harder for me than in the original version.
For example, when I tried to turn the direction with the mouse, even if I've stopped the mouse, in game I still kept turning.
Psychodelic

Post by Psychodelic »

Is the wad file separate from the weapons, or are they bundled? I'm just curious.
calx

Post by calx »

I've noticed a number of misaligned textures throughout my playthrough so far, I hope they will be corrected eventually.
Spoiler:
Last edited by calx on Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
marcusboer2004

Post by marcusboer2004 »

Is episode 2 going to be released today?
WaterHazard
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by WaterHazard »

That Battle Rifle will be in Afterglow aswell?
DangerousDays

Post by DangerousDays »

I started using the enhanced pk3 on my Linux Mint machine, but I can't get the motorcycle to go forward or take out the lantern. What do I need to do to fix that?
himmelreich

Post by himmelreich »

Piner wrote:Is it me or the diffculty is higher. Mutants move faster and have lunge attack. Do raiders move faster too?
Yeah. I got a feeling that mutants are more dangerous now. And apocalypse difficulty is more unforgiving that before.

Also, I like the new secrets. And new additions to levels. It's very refreshing.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”