Doom Episode - 1 Remaster (demo available)

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Kills_Alone
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Doom Episode - 1 Remaster (demo available)

Post by Kills_Alone »

Oh nice, I must have missed this release last month, playing too much of the Quake Remaster.

The only bug to report is the Pinky's falling into the lava below the lifts on E1M5 (Phobos Lab).
Logan MTM

Post by Logan MTM »

Man, i really can't enjoy those BD stuffs! Overdetailed IMO! Nice Looking btw!
Dynamo

Post by Dynamo »

Ah, I remember your Command Control remake, glad to see you gave the entirety of E1 a similar treatment. Having played the demo, overall it is a nice package - a few of the changes to secrets and some other areas feel a bit odd or at the very least undercooked, but the texturing is very good and the lighting well applied throughout. Looking forward to the full thing :)
StalkerBlade

Post by StalkerBlade »

Kills_Alone wrote:The only bug to report is the Pinky's falling into the lava below the lifts on E1M5 (Phobos Lab).
This bug has been persistent for a few mods, and I finally found out why...After doing some digging, I discovered that this is actually because Brutal Doom (and it's forks, I'm assuming) have the Pinky's max step height set to 32 instead of the standard 24, for whatever reason.. Changing the value back to 24 in Slade should be an easy way to fix the issue.
Dynamo wrote:A few of the changes to secrets and some other areas feel a bit odd or at the very least undercooked, but the texturing is very good and the lighting well applied throughout. Looking forward to the full thing :)
Which ones in particular? I'm planning on going back through and adding a few more details to the maps, so knowing which ones need the most attention can help me out a good bit.
Zemakat
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Zemakat »

Fantastic remaster. I like some of the cinematic bits added, yet in the style of Half-Life with keeping the first-person view, and player interactivity whenever possible.
Kills_Alone
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Kills_Alone »

Was playing this in VR and I noticed an ever so tiny issue. On Hangar there is the secret lift triggered by line #608, this should be set to monster cross as well, that way you can get an enemy to lower the lift for you.
omxgamer127
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by omxgamer127 »

why not to create a standalone full custom textures only version of your mod too? to simply "replace" the original graphics of doom and compatible with all wad like how dhtp and dltp is
I wanted to test your mod (the modern texture only) for others wad like sigil ,tnt ,alien vandetta ,zone 300/400 ,hr ,hg ,anciant alien ,D2KITANA, Doom II: Dark World, Memento Mori ,Doom II: Hellscape, Memento Mori II, Doom 2 Reload, Mutiny, Doom the Way id Did, No End in Sight ,Wonderful Doom ,Doom 2 the Way id Did ,Maps of Chaos
Dynamo

Post by Dynamo »

omxgamer127 wrote:why not to create a standalone full custom textures only version of your mod too? to simply "replace" the original graphics of doom and compatible with all wad like how dhtp and dltp is
I wanted to test your mod (the modern texture only) for others wad like sigil ,tnt ,alien vandetta ,zone 300/400 ,hr ,hg ,anciant alien ,D2KITANA, Doom II: Dark World, Memento Mori ,Doom II: Hellscape, Memento Mori II, Doom 2 Reload, Mutiny, Doom the Way id Did, No End in Sight ,Wonderful Doom ,Doom 2 the Way id Did ,Maps of Chaos
Because that's not how it works, these maps aren't mere texture swaps, nor could one possibly account for custom textures present in half the mods you mentioned.
StalkerBlade wrote:Which ones in particular? I'm planning on going back through and adding a few more details to the maps, so knowing which ones need the most attention can help me out a good bit.
For instance, the way the secret area works in the western section of Phobos Lab threw me off, and the actual secret area felt somewhat unfinished.
StalkerBlade

Post by StalkerBlade »

Changelog for the demo:
Spoiler:
omxgamer127 wrote:why not to create a standalone full custom textures only version of your mod too? to simply "replace" the original graphics of doom and compatible with all wad like how dhtp and dltp is
I used the Doom 3 texture pack in my maps. You can find it somewhere on one of the Doom forums, but it doesn't replace the vanilla textures.
GhoulRUS

Post by GhoulRUS »

StalkerBlade wrote: I used the Doom 3 texture pack in my maps. You can find it somewhere on one of the Doom forums, but it doesn't replace the vanilla textures.
This? viewtopic.php?f=37&t=54839
StalkerBlade

Post by StalkerBlade »

GhoulRUS wrote:This? viewtopic.php?f=37&t=54839
Yes, that's the one I used.
RaZZoR

Post by RaZZoR »

Very good work.
AlphaEnt
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by AlphaEnt »

Ooh boy, be sure i'll give this mappack a try with my Titan mod, once i'm back home =P
Spoiler:
AlphaEnt
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by AlphaEnt »

So, yeaah, it worked quite well =P
The mashup of doom 2016 weapons with doom 3 textures and classic doom monsters matches quite well =P
Spoiler:
DoomSpaceMarine
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by DoomSpaceMarine »

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m4knaXNZzE[/youtube]

My gameplay with Quake Champions MOD. Looks prety cool, and the gameplay is awesome with this MOD.

Return to “Levels”