Trench Foot (New story trailer!)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Mooney

Re: Trench Foot (Demo released)

Post by Mooney »

Yeah I do have a lot of love for the hand breach reload I was a bit witheld to let it go, wouldnt mind it making another appearance.
Those edits are pretty nice thanks!

As you will see we have actually switched to a new mg sprite but those look good too!

Wouldnt mind having the whole bag of guns made over (14 now I think) ;)
EnriksD8

Post by EnriksD8 »

Just played the demo. It's an awesome experience. Looking forward to the full release.

The sound design of the weapons and the enemies as well as their visual design fits well with the grim Warhammer 40K inspired atmosphere you got going on.

Bit of a minor nitpick, but the Trench Gun doesn't even look like a legit Trench Gun (which was just a short-barreled pump-action shotgun like the Winchester M1897 the Americans used in WW1 and WW2). Other than that, the four weapons in this demo are great to use and look at.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Very promising and unique work!! Gas mask plus Trench is definitely a nice combo. Also both sound effects and feedback of weapons are satisfying. But i did find something weird during the gameplay like Revolver bullets and LMG Box would display something like "GOTBULLETS" and "GOTMGBOX" upon picking up. And naked dudes that throw fireballs deal serious damage and they attack real fast. That trench bunker part was a madness because even wearing armor cannot save you from their massive damage.

Other than that, it's really brilliant! I will look forward into the next update.
KynikossDragonn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Void Linux
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by KynikossDragonn »

Is it alright of me to ask permission if I could turn those player sprites (the guys with the cyan glowing goggles) into a usable skin for Hideous Destructor?
ddmeltzer8

Post by ddmeltzer8 »

this was one of the best 5 things i played all 2020!theres so much to like,it looks fantastic,sounds fantastic and the atmos is spot on!weapons all feel really nice.very engaging gameplay,both when advancing in tight quarters and trying to survive in frantic battle.
theres one thing i HATE,tho-i want the mod to be finished,NOW!😊
maybe a small level thing to see whats happened over the last months?is there any expected release date?
im almost lost for words thinking about what modders add to pc gaming,its completely bonkers!
thank u!
Mooney

Post by Mooney »

Thanks guys yeah we are working on balancing things out and adding a lot of cool stuff.

Saying that Ive been too busy and stressed with irl stuff to crack on with work lately so sorry about that.

Once thats out of the way work should increase ten fold but will still take a very long time as there is so much to do and not much time to do it.

@KynikossDragonn Yeah you can go ahead with that!
KynikossDragonn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Void Linux
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by KynikossDragonn »

Mooney wrote:Ive been too busy and stressed with irl stuff to crack on with work lately so sorry about that.
@KynikossDragonn Yeah you can go ahead with that!
Thanks, I just wanted to make sure it was alright with you before I started making the player skin. I hope things get better for you soon though...
Mooney

Re: Trench Foot (New moddb page, team intro)

Post by Mooney »

Brand new moddb page + News article introducing our dev team.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/trench-foot- ... have-faith
Mooney

Re: Trench Foot (New moddb page, team intro)

Post by Mooney »

We've updated our moddb page with a new article with a progress report and exclusive screen shots.

Check it out here!https://www.moddb.com/mods/trench-foot- ... ront-lines

We've also started an official youtube channel for TrenchWork and uploaded our first teaser video.

Be sure to like and subscribe!

>
Mooney

Re: Trench Foot (New teaser video + moddb article)

Post by Mooney »

New article up on moddb "The music of Trench Foot" https://www.moddb.com/mods/trench-foot- ... rench-foot

And a new video showcasing some music for the game by Shambler and DyNaM1k

Mooney

Re: Trench Foot (New channel + new article)

Post by Mooney »

New article up on moddb shilling my new machinima channel as well as some exclusive screens from the mod.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/trench-foot- ... ticlesform

Check out the video.

Mooney

Re: Trench Foot (New channel + new article)

Post by Mooney »

Check out our discord for some juicy screenshots of our up and coming CountryCide escape.

https://discord.gg/xqXJQvU9
CCIDEESCAPE.png
CCIDEESCAPE.png (77.88 KiB) Viewed 3788 times
Mooney

Re: Trench Foot (Prequel episode prieview article)

Post by Mooney »

Check out our latest article on moddb detailing the imminent release of our prequel episode CountryCide.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/trench-foot- ... e-prieview
Valken

Post by Valken »

Love it. Keep up the great work!
_OniriA_

Post by _OniriA_ »

Very cool stuff! :o

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”