[defunct] Experimental release based on GZDoom 4.6.0+GLES

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
ReX

Re: Experimental release based on GZDoom 4.6.0 and GLES bran

Post by ReX »

Redneckerz wrote:Download the latest drivers. However, the HD3000 is a generation older than what i use (HD4600). Runs 60 fps however.
The latest drivers get installed every time I do a Win 10 update. In the past year I have had to revert to older drivers, which allowed a "custom" version of GZDooM (created by drfrag) to run. With subsequent Win 10 updates I am unable to run either the custom version or the GLES version, regardless of which drivers I use.
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Redneckerz »

ReX wrote:
Redneckerz wrote:Download the latest drivers. However, the HD3000 is a generation older than what i use (HD4600). Runs 60 fps however.
The latest drivers get installed every time I do a Win 10 update. In the past year I have had to revert to older drivers, which allowed a "custom" version of GZDooM (created by drfrag) to run. With subsequent Win 10 updates I am unable to run either the custom version or the GLES version, regardless of which drivers I use.
Maybe the new 4.7.0 is of use?
Phredreeke

Post by Phredreeke »

We've had users on the BuildGDX Discord with similar issues.

Intel never put out a driver for Sandy Bridge GPUs on Windows 10, so instead it defaults to a generic driver Microsoft supplies which lacks OpenGL support.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

The only thing the custom build did was that you didn't need to run it in win8 compatibility mode as i said.
I find strange that win10 is no longer compatible with win8 drivers. But yes you should never have "upgraded" to 10, performance on old hardware is much worse. And i should never have installed it here btw, i should have installed 8.1 instead even when my machine is from 2018. And those shitty big updates degraded it even more, as if it weren't bad enough already. There's a lot of system junk taking away a good amount of ram and causing 100% disk usage.
ReX

Post by ReX »

Redneckerz wrote:
ReX wrote:Maybe the new 4.7.0 is of use?
Yes, I saw the news about v4.7.0. I just didn't have time to read through and figure out if it incorporates GLES support or if I'd need to use a forked version of v4.7.0

[EDIT: I just read Graf's announcement about v4.7.0, and it clearly states in the first sentence that GLES support is incorporated. Bad me.
Phredreeke wrote:Intel never put out a driver for Sandy Bridge GPUs on Windows 10, so instead it defaults to a generic driver Microsoft supplies which lacks OpenGL support.
Yes, this is what has clearly been the source of all my issues with Win10 since last year. Graf had suggested I also install Linux, for which the intel drivers provide adequate support. However, not being sufficiently tech savvy in dual installs, I am reluctant to proceed until I have educated myself.
drfrag wrote:I find strange that win10 is no longer compatible with win8 drivers.... There's a lot of system junk taking away a good amount of ram and causing 100% disk usage.
The OS itself works fine for every other application that I need (e.g., MS Office productivity suite, browsers, SLADE, etc.) But I have noticed that the computer (laptop) gets quite hot with even just an hour of moderately heavy use. This must be because of increased RAM & disk usage.
ImTooYoungToDie91
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by ImTooYoungToDie91 »

Will there be a Linux release anytime soon?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

OpenGL ES support is in mainline GZDoom as of 4.7.1. Use that.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Indeed - this has been superseded by an official GZDoom release now.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”