SPZ1 :: Unspecified Evil

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
SPZ1

SPZ1 :: Unspecified Evil

Post by SPZ1 »

Hello everyone! My project is finally here. It is called SPZ1 - Unspecified Evil. This thread is for all things related like bugs and feedback. It is an .ipk3 so load it by itself and not with Doom2.wad for example.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap4KZFMds2L1hHY4062 ... 4?e=RZHyQv
kalensar
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): linux mint 21
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Re: SPZ1 :: Unspecified Evil

Post by kalensar »

I would love to test it furtther but it causes some serious lag on my system due to the terrain detail.
SPZ1

Post by SPZ1 »

The lag on MAP01 is mostly caused by the ceiling and floor waggles on the 3D floors and not just the zterrain. When the castle sinks into the lava you'll notice that the frame rate improves. Also, not all of the maps have zterrain.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Fortunately, I wasn't particularly affected by slowdowns with that map (I have vsync on and I got a pretty consistent 60fps) - but it struck me as the kind of map where slowdowns were likely.

I haven't got much further into it but its a very original-looking presentation. I'm definitely going to continue playing.

So far what I really like is the originality and the intriguing, unusual style, approach and gameplay. Just like the Swiss flag, they are a big plus.

Dislikes are the significant mis-match in graphical styles from low-res sprites, to very hi-res photos, to model rips and everything in between. There is so much visual discordance that it is distracting IMO. And those enemies that look like magical staffs (of various colours) that fire projectiles at you don't (IMO) look very enemy-like and don't give much in the way of a visual clue that they are about to fire.
SPZ1

Post by SPZ1 »

I used a few sprites from Super Mario RPG such as the orb users (the magical stick thing), the FatSo, the Clustar, and so on. I know they are not the most visually pleasing but they seem to get the job done. As for the lag, I get that myself too on a few maps. I hoped people would have fast computers and the issue wouldn't come up much.
m1lk
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by m1lk »

its different. I like it so far. but man, it lags
SPZ1

Post by SPZ1 »

I made this video to show that progress on this mod is ongoing...

SPZ1

Post by SPZ1 »

I'm working towards having my game out ASAP.
:railgun: Here are some pics:

Ferretmanjcdenton
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by Ferretmanjcdenton »

Is there any chance to get the file again?
SPZ1

Post by SPZ1 »

It is not finished yet.

Return to “Levels”