Cheogsh: Remastered. V. 1.1.

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Shadowman

Cheogsh: Remastered. V. 1.1.

Post by Shadowman »

Greetings to all! :)
During 2020 - 2021 I have been updating the Cheogsh series. All three wads were compiled into one pk3 archive, and the game got coherence. You can now play Cheogsh episodes in any order. And after completing all three episodes, you will find the opening of the final, 13th map.
(For the most impatient: the 13th map is playable regardless of the rest of the episodes).
The idea of 13th map was inspired back in 2006 within the framework of the "Russian Community Project", and it is the map that should be considered the ancestor of the entire "Cheogsh" series. It started it, and the series ends on it.

The update adds 3D models for decorative elements that are part of the Cheogsh world decorations, as well as for some standard Doom decorative objects. All torches now have dynamic fire, and all dialogs have been reworked according to a new scheme tested in Inquisitor 3D, however, while maintaining their original scrolling speed (you can adjust the speed in the Cheogsh 2 menu). But now the player can remove the dialogue immediately if he does not want to read all the messages. It is also more convenient to read books and other inscriptions on the levels. There is support for the Russian language (configured in a separate menu), as well as options for the rendering range of 3D models. And Seth's behavior has been improved...
Have a good game! :)

Screenshots:
Screenshot01
Screenshot02
Screenshot03
Screenshot04
Screenshot05
Screenshot06
Screenshot07
Screenshot08
Screenshot09
Screenshot10

Download Cheogsh: Remastered V.1.2 from Yandex-disk
Use GZdoom 4-6-1 or higher for playing.
Last edited by Shadowman on Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Captain Ventris

Re: Cheogsh: Remastered. V. 1.1.

Post by Captain Ventris »

Oh wow I had entirely forgotten about the Cheogsh series. I’ll have to check this out.
m1lk
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by m1lk »

looks perfect for a an ambient horror play through. downloading now, thanks!! :mrgreen:
m1lk

Post by m1lk »

im absolutely loving this so far, and I love how its got a story. thank you! bunt having trouble with keycards not working sometimes
Shadowman

Post by Shadowman »

m1lk wrote:im absolutely loving this so far, and I love how its got a story. thank you! bunt having trouble with keycards not working sometimes
More? Where and which keys don't work?
m1lk

Post by m1lk »

Shadowman wrote:
m1lk wrote:im absolutely loving this so far, and I love how its got a story. thank you! bunt having trouble with keycards not working sometimes
More? Where and which keys don't work?
hmm, nevermind, the keys do work. they just dont work when there's other mods loaded, I guess.

edit: though in the Temple of Seth, the red skull doors work fine even with the mods
ClessxAlghazanth

Post by ClessxAlghazanth »

Looks great :)

Is this compatible with weapons/monster mods ?
m1lk

Post by m1lk »

ClessxAlghazanth wrote:Looks great :)

im running it with Dox778's BrutalDoom, and a whole slew of other texture and graphic mods, and the only problem im encountering is the keys not opening the doors for the most part, though some do
Shadowman

Post by Shadowman »

m1lk wrote:
ClessxAlghazanth wrote:Looks great :)

im running it with Dox778's BrutalDoom, and a whole slew of other texture and graphic mods, and the only problem im encountering is the keys not opening the doors for the most part, though some do
Yes, when combining all the parts into one pk3 archive, I redid the keys, so there may be problems with mods that affect doom keys.
Shadowman

Post by Shadowman »

Sorry, but I forgot to replace Seth's decorate with an improved version from Guest.
Updated link in 1 post.

Download Cheogsh: Remastered V.1.2 from Yandex-disk
Shadowman

Post by Shadowman »

I would like to ask if anyone has already reached the 13th map? Didn't it seem too heavy? :)
Time_Streamer

Post by Time_Streamer »

Is there a translation for this?
Shadowman

Post by Shadowman »

Time_Streamer wrote:Is there a translation for this?
Explain more. The game has Russian and English languages, switching is in the additional menu (Cheogsh options -> Select language).

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”