Angelic Aviary v1.3 (Eviternity II edition, new angels) Updated 12/29/23)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
openroadracer
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: Angelic Aviary v0.9 (Enemy replacement mod)

Post by openroadracer »

CherubCorps wrote:So the Great Seraph will have custom art, I'm just using her base form as placement until I finish the artwork. In the way the Crucified Seraph is a depiction of Jesus during the crucifixion, the Great Seraph will be based on Jesus as the king of kings in fancy robes and jewelry. In addition, all of her wings will move. Her behaviors and attacks will be slightly changed as well.

Her art will be in update 0.91 along with a bunch of other stuff and goodies.
Ah, so I'm not even that far off. Cool.

Just remember what I said about making the Queen of Queens different from the Great Seraph. They're three escalating tiers of threat. They need to be able to be identifiable as different threats by eye.
CherubCorps

Re: Angelic Aviary v0.9 (Enemy replacement mod)

Post by CherubCorps »

Version 0.91 is out. Was going to wait before publishing this until I found a major game breaking bug. It has since been fixed along with alot of small details and animations. More of a polish update, but with some important features added and balance issues resolved.

Angelic Aviary v0.91

Major
-Fixed a major bug that caused the game to crash when the Dollmaykr summoned two dolls on top of one another.
-Fixed a bug that caused Puttos to become invinsible when resurrecting enemies (Hopefully)
-Spider Masterminds have been replaced with Seraphs so that only angels are in levels (Mastermind replacement is still WIP)
-Fixed a glitch that would cause skies to mess up in several megawads.

Visual/audio
-Red Egg explodes into chunks when destroyed. Done so that it is easier to know if the Red egg has been destroyed at a distanse.
-Added more blinking animations (Joy elemental, Principality)
-Added custom bullet animation for the Ophanim.
-Added 27 new sounds and voices.
-Added easter egg animation to one of the angels. Have fun finding it.

Gameplay
-Gibbing the Shotgun Duo will prevent the 2nd doll from spawning. (A feature I've been wanting to implement for awhile)
-Snowballs no longer Spawnfloats (Greatly improves gameplay)
-Ophanim takes more time to wind up and wind down between attacks.
-Seraph's Loon blast (Rocket attack) edmits a loud warning sound while traveling through the air.
-Putto move slightly faster and have custom resurrection sounds.
-Slighly reduced damage of Seraph's small fireballs
-Slightly decreased Great Seraph's Loon blast speed
-Greatly changed the Seraph's 3rd form.
-Gains a new attack which is very hard to dodge. Has a chance to drop ammo/health when these bullets expires.
-Damage reduction reduced from 75% to 50%.

The next update will have major changes including the cardinal being able to enter a flight mod and unique art for the Great Seraph before I start work on the Mastermind replacement.

Download here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/d4pd58ou ... 1.wad/file
PatCatz2004

Re: Angelic Aviary v0.91 (Enemy replacement mod)

Post by PatCatz2004 »

You know I am thinkin that there would be another mod that I may add that works with a mod like this....

And that's Dr. Cosmobyte's Spawn Mod-

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=69893
CherubCorps

Post by CherubCorps »

PatCatz2004 wrote:You know I am thinkin that there would be another mod that I may add that works with a mod like this....

And that's Dr. Cosmobyte's Spawn Mod-
This goes really well with the angels. Ultra-edgy spawn with all his guns vs ultra-cutesy angels. Pity Angela isn't here to back them up. Spawn doom is a really good mod. A little on the overpowered side, but you're playing as god damm Al Simmons. If you weren't overpowered, it just wouldn't feel right. Added it to the list.

Still working on the art for the Great Seraph. I'm hoping to get it out sometime in mid October. I'm also thinking about reducing the time it takes for the Seraph's egg to hatch. I'm able to break it with vanilla weapons very easily. I'm wondering if other people have had that problem.
PatCatz2004

Post by PatCatz2004 »

OOoooooookay

While you were at it, I also tried it out with TerminusESt13's High Noon Drifter mod, also works quite well actually-

I mean, you can even turn into a big demon waifu in that mod too tho-

viewtopic.php?t=57098
PatCatz2004

Post by PatCatz2004 »

Also...I actually tested this mod with the others in LZDOOM (Cuz my potato laptop doesn't have OpenGL to support Gzdoom-)

And I'm happy to say that...This mod actually works well in LZDOOM as well (I was using the latest version of it btw)
SaveTheDoomer

Post by SaveTheDoomer »

There are butterfly-like things that cannot be killed and follows you everywhere... i think that is very annoying...
DemonicArchivist119

Post by DemonicArchivist119 »

SaveTheDoomer wrote:There are butterfly-like things that cannot be killed and follows you everywhere... i think that is very annoying...
Those would be the revenant replacements missiles. Either keep dodging or bait into a wall. They do go away after a little bit.

Anyways, loving this mod, always nice to have a nice full(almost) roster replacement. And it's nice to have a break from the normal Demon and/or Evil Human enemy types.
Looking forward to when the Mastermind gets its own replacement, and having fun playing through any map that makes it more difficult to focus down the Seraph egg so the Great Seraph actually comes out to play more often.
SaveTheDoomer

Post by SaveTheDoomer »

DemonicArchivist119 wrote:
SaveTheDoomer wrote:There are butterfly-like things that cannot be killed and follows you everywhere... i think that is very annoying...
Those would be the revenant replacements missiles. Either keep dodging or bait into a wall. They do go away after a little bit.
Ok, thank you for the hint!
CherubCorps

Post by CherubCorps »

OOoooooookay

While you were at it, I also tried it out with TerminusESt13's High Noon Drifter mod, also works quite well actually-

I mean, you can even turn into a big demon waifu in that mod too tho-
High noon is great because it goes with everything. It's one of the best weapon mods of all time.
Anyways, loving this mod, always nice to have a nice full(almost) roster replacement. And it's nice to have a break from the normal Demon and/or Evil Human enemy types.
Looking forward to when the Mastermind gets its own replacement, and having fun playing through any map that makes it more difficult to focus down the Seraph egg so the Great Seraph actually comes out to play more often.
Glad you're enjoying it. The goal was to make an enemy set that looked and played differently from the standard doom bestiary while still being viable with vanilla doom and most mods/maps.

In other news, v0.92 is nearing completion. Nearly finished the custom art for the Great Seraph. In addition, there will be a new rare bird added to the mix. There will also be a custom Easter egg when playing the mod with a certain cute robutt. Also gonna try to make it dragon compatible, but I can't make any promises at this point.
CherubCorps

Re: Angelic Aviary v0.92 (Update 10/31/21, New enemies added

Post by CherubCorps »

Angelic Aviary v0.92 is out! Alot of new features, changes and tweaks.

Major features
-New angel: ??? (Replaces Commander Keen). Another rare bird is out there.
-The great Seraph has new custom art.
-Difficulty settings have been completely revamped.

Gameplay
-Cardinals tired out for a few seconds after attacking. Added extra frames of animation.
-Reduced the Snowball's health from 75 to 60.
-Spawned Dolls and Putto no longer count towards the total number of enemies in a map. It's now possible to get 100% kills on a map.
-Two Great Seraph must be killed to reach the extra boss.
-Slightly increased the Joy Elemental's speed.
-Fixed the Revolver doll's animations.
-Improved bullet animations of the Principality's lightning and the Ophanim's bullets.
-On rare occasions, you may find strange statues.
-More sound effects and voices added.
-Added an Easter egg when playing Angelic Aviary with SWWM (Big thanks to Marisa for incorporating this feature)
retronutcase

Re: Angelic Aviary v0.92 (10/31/21, New enemies and art)

Post by retronutcase »

...Darnit, they sound so cute, I'd feel bad killing them and making them bleed and such.

Have you considered a non violent variant where your weapons inexplicably don't make them die bloody deaths and instead they just fall over swirly eyed?
CherubCorps

Post by CherubCorps »

retronutcase wrote:...Darnit, they sound so cute, I'd feel bad killing them and making them bleed and such.

Have you considered a non violent variant where your weapons inexplicably don't make them die bloody deaths and instead they just fall over swirly eyed?
I thought about not having gore early in the project's development, but decided against it. If you shoot something with a gun and it's made of flesh, it's going to bleed. Not having blood would be both disingenuous and sexist. It might sound strange, but it's unequal treatment to have women characters in a Doom game not die when shot. I also think that if the angels just got dizzy eyes like a pokemon, fainted or disappeared, it would reduces them to being joke characters and not a serious threat.

Angels are idealized beauty. There is a silliness to some of the characters designs, and some angels even have elements of fan service. This is all a façade. When you get past their beauty and cuteness, you're fighting an army that's trying to both kill you and destroy earth.

Sorry for the long winded explanation. I just feel that the blood is very important to the mod.
barosans

Post by barosans »

what is be the extra boss ?
PatCatz2004

Post by PatCatz2004 »

Tried the new update and.....

It still worked just fine for LZDOOM, CherubCorps

Return to “Gameplay Mods”