Heavy Rifle Guy

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
DooM_RO

Re: Heavy Rifle Guy

Post by DooM_RO »

It doesn't have to be on his shoulder. IIRC, there are sprites of the marine where he carries various different weapons, including the Rocket Launcher. Perhaps you could take that and swap it with its current gun?
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

That's exactly what I was thinking of. Doing that should be quite possible even for a spriting klutz like me. Available time would be the big issue (hence my invite for anyone else who fancies a go).

[edit]Hmmm... just had a quick look at it. The rocket launcher for the player marine sprites is the right size for the marine sprites but too small for the heavy guy. I tried cutting and pasting the one from frame A of the player onto frame A of the heavy guy and it simply wasn't big enough (quite a few pixels shorter than the rifle that he is already carrying). It just looked too dinky in his hands. So a bigger one would need to be made (presumably from the rocket launcher pickup) in all angles and carrying positions. In other words, it's a bigger job than I thought it would be. :? [/edit]

[edit2]
Well, it's doable, I guess.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Unfortunately, I really don't have time for a full set ATM. Especially as the angles would take a bit more work.
[/edit2]
DooM_RO

Post by DooM_RO »

Someone has offered to try to swap it but the link in the OP doesn't work.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

It's probably just google chrome being excessively fussy about the http link. I experienced this in another thread recently, so I paid to get a security certificate for the site. I've changed the link to an https one. So, with any luck, they should be able to get the file now.

Return to “Resources”