[minimod][v0.7.2] Gearbox - weapon/inventory handling

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Gourry
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [minimod][v0.6.0] Gearbox - weapon/inventory handling

Post by Gourry »

Managed to get it to work.

I had some game aborts using the item wheel saying that the mouse was too fast.This was with time freeze on and off.
Used plain text and it seem to work fine.
Linz

Post by Linz »

https://imgur.com/a/690x1Vp/

Having this weird issue when playing LitDoom with Gearbox,and Grey seemed to think it's a Gearbox problem
m8f

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro Linux

Re: [minimod][v0.7.0] Gearbox - weapon/inventory handling

Post by m8f »

Gearbox updated to v0.7.0!

Changes since v0.6.0:

New:
  • keys to change weapon priority and slot;
  • font selection;
Fixed:
  • fixed VM abort in Blocks and Wheel with inventory items;
  • inverted mouse settings are now taken into account for the Wheel.
  • weapon sway (added by some mods) now doesn't happen in the Wheel.
Last edited by m8f on Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

m8f wrote:
  • inverted mouse settings are now taken into account for the Wheel.
Thank you kindly. So much easier. :thumb:
LoreCannon

Post by LoreCannon »

The blocks really do contribute to making some mods almost feel like proto half-life iterations in some respects (from a UI perspective). Permanent addition to my load order.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

I was just playing Red Faction which has a weapon selection system that is very similar to Gearbox in blocks mode. However, there was one feature of it that I liked that might be nice to include in Gearbox, though I have a gut feeling that it might be a difficult thing to implement.

In Red Faction, pressing a weapon key or scrolling the mouse wheel calls up the weapon selection system (like I said, very similar to Gearbox) and as long as you keep pressing weapons keys, or scrolling around the list, it remains active. However, if you stop doing anything related to weapon selection (e.g. just keep running around - the game does not pause when the selection is open) after a few seconds (seems like about 5) the weapons select box cancels itself and you just go back to full game control with the weapon that you already had selected.

Would such a thing be possible and/or desirable in Gearbox?
m8f

Post by m8f »

This should be doable. Thanks for the suggestion!

The development of Gearbox slowed down lately, but not stopped. It's far from finished :)
ileblanc
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by ileblanc »

Hey man, I'm having an issue, I don't know if it's engine related, I'm playing on Delta touch GZDoom v4.7 and the weapon priority and group changes are not saved. Every time I play y have to configure everything again. I'm playing latest version of PB.
m8f

Post by m8f »

ileblanc, can you please confirm that you are loading the same version of PB each time, with the same add-ons (if any)?
Because if any weapon is added or removed, Gearbox considers it a new weapon set, and uses the default weapon order.
ileblanc

Post by ileblanc »

m8f wrote:ileblanc, can you please confirm that you are loading the same version of PB each time, with the same add-ons (if any)?
Because if any weapon is added or removed, Gearbox considers it a new weapon set, and uses the default weapon order.
Yeah, I play every time with the same load order. I'm gonna update Delta touch today which comes with GZDoom 4.7.1 to see if this gets fixed. Today I noticed some times the weapons I move to another slot get kinda randomized after I reload a save game. I'll let you know if this gets fixed after updating Delta touch.
m8f

Post by m8f »

I doubt that the update will fix it. Can you please tell exact version of PB and add-ons, if any, and their order, so I can try to reproduce the bug?
thugsta

Post by thugsta »

Can you make it after you have selected for it to take over your weapon scrolling keys, can you make it (maybe with a timer select) that scrolling in block mode will pick that weapon you left it idle on?
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

thugsta wrote:Can you make it after you have selected for it to take over your weapon scrolling keys, can you make it (maybe with a timer select) that scrolling in block mode will pick that weapon you left it idle on?
I actually asked for something quite similar a few posts up. (Though I asked for it just to self-cancel after the specified time rather than select.) m8f said it should be doable.
ileblanc

Post by ileblanc »

m8f wrote:I doubt that the update will fix it. Can you please tell exact version of PB and add-ons, if any, and their order, so I can try to reproduce the bug?
Well. I updated and deleted GZDoom config file to start fresh (configuring everything from scratch) :shock: and now the wheel reordering works well and saves my setting perfectly! The bug is no more.

This is my load order:
Spoiler:
I had to manually write every mod I load since I'm on Android and can't copy paste but here you go.

EDIT: All the mods are on their respective latest version I could found both on PB Discord and ZDoom forums.
m8f

Post by m8f »

Odd.

Thanks! This information will be helpful if this bug is encountered again.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”