The Guncaster - 3.888b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Gourry
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: The Guncaster - 3.888b

Post by Gourry »

AvzinElkein wrote:
Gourry wrote:On the doom 2 iwad:

btsx_e1a (back to Saturn X)
btsx_e1b
guncaster 3.8888b
GC_Addon
GC_Weaponshop
ColourfulHellBrownBetafinal.pk3
gearbox v0.6.0
target spy 2.0.1
Try playing without TargetSpy and/or Colorful Hell.
They seem to work fine separately and together before. Not sure if it's just that one level?
Nevermind, restarted and checked that level with the sphere and it didn't crash again.
ClessxAlghazanth

Post by ClessxAlghazanth »

Gourry wrote:
AvzinElkein wrote:
Gourry wrote:On the doom 2 iwad:

btsx_e1a (back to Saturn X)
btsx_e1b
guncaster 3.8888b
GC_Addon
GC_Weaponshop
ColourfulHellBrownBetafinal.pk3
gearbox v0.6.0
target spy 2.0.1
Try playing without TargetSpy and/or Colorful Hell.
They seem to work fine separately and together before. Not sure if it's just that one level?
Nevermind, restarted and checked that level with the sphere and it didn't crash again.
I think Guncaster is not compatible with monster mods as it is , you'd need to use the Universal Guncaster Adapter.

I'm not sure if it works good with CH , since adapter itself has not been updated for some time

For targetspy , Guncaster has its own hp bar embedded , better not load together with targetspy to avoid clashes
Gourry

Post by Gourry »

The built in one doesn't give enough info options like target spy does and the the text for built in one is hard for me to read.
krimson painkekk

Post by krimson painkekk »

PillowBlaster wrote:It's been a while, so lemme do the thing. Update time, give thanks to KeksDose for fixing things too! (And of course, praise Mima and the Moon)

Core + Addon.
Spoiler: changelog
It's a bit late though I still have to say thanks to you PillowBlaster and GC Dev. team.
I've had hella fun time with the latest update v3.888b.
The new feature of Masters of Pain really lifted the fun level even higher! :D

Me trying to get used to the new added feature of The Gauntlet
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdbg6qguCpM[/youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdbg6qguCpM
I'd like to say thanks to Mima as well but I have no idea why Praise to the moon... :shock:
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

krimson painkekk wrote:It's a bit late though I still have to say thanks to you PillowBlaster and GC Dev. team.
I've had hella fun time with the latest update v3.888b.
The new feature of Masters of Pain really lifted the fun level even higher! :D

Me trying to get used to the new added feature of The Gauntlet
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdbg6qguCpM[/youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdbg6qguCpM
I'd like to say thanks to Mima as well but I have no idea why Praise to the moon... :shock:
Good stuff! And for Mima and Moon-praising related questions, I'd refer to KeksDose~
Gourry wrote:The built in one doesn't give enough info options like target spy does and the the text for built in one is hard for me to read.
Pretty sure the in-mod one can be turned off, if need be.
dead6

Post by dead6 »

btw nothing special on this comment:

ok what version of Gc that works on lzdoom
like me i have low spec sad ty.....
Shzingidongalong

Post by Shzingidongalong »

I'm having that Cheeto dust snow problem again on Eviternity. It was magically fixed after I first reported it, and now it's back again.
I dunno if this is even remembered still, but basically I just play through all normal like, GZDoom, Eviternity, all the Guncaster goodies here. Get to the first snow level, and the snow effect is just big Cheeto clouds. It's damningly weird that I had this prior, it vanishes magically, and now it's back again, but for now I'm just gonna disable weather effects on that.
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by fakemai »

dead6 wrote:ok what version of Gc that works on lzdoom
Before answering that try out the current (4.7.0) of GZDoom as that might work for you and supports the latest Guncaster. Make sure you're using the GLES back-end, if necessary change vid_preferbackend=3 in the INI. Now, if that doesn't work, the last one that works with LZDoom was 3.666. Linked it further back if you need a copy.
Gustavo6046

Post by Gustavo6046 »

I feel like there is a pun to be made with the initialism GC.

Maybe even something to do with Java.

Well. now we're relying on you to deliver this absolutely obscure, contrived, and autistic visual pun! :P

(Make sure it's not Conc Mark Sweep, too!)
Gourry

Post by Gourry »

For some reason on TNTR, it makes gzdoom crashes every time I enter from elevator of the last stage in the begining with the mod. I've tried this without the mod and it doesn't crash.
DemonbaneSol

Post by DemonbaneSol »

Gourry wrote:For some reason on TNTR, it makes gzdoom crashes every time I enter from elevator of the last stage in the begining with the mod. I've tried this without the mod and it doesn't crash.
I encountered this same issue a while back. I don't know all of the details, but TNTR modifies the Icon of Sin, and something about that makes the game crash when using Guncaster with it.
Gourry

Post by Gourry »

DemonbaneSol wrote:
Gourry wrote:For some reason on TNTR, it makes gzdoom crashes every time I enter from elevator of the last stage in the begining with the mod. I've tried this without the mod and it doesn't crash.
I encountered this same issue a while back. I don't know all of the details, but TNTR modifies the Icon of Sin, and something about that makes the game crash when using Guncaster with it.
I didn't know that. Thanks for letting me know.
dragomir

Post by dragomir »

Can you upload both of your mode in Mod db or in google drive?I cant download Guncaster or Trailblazer from mediafire :( .I tried everything,including turning off add blocker,
turning off firewall,creating account but no result :shrug:.Its odd,because i have downloaded other modes from ZDoom and had no problem.The one uploaded in mediafire gives me trouble sometime,but eventually i can download them.This is the only mode i cant download.
Dinosaur_Nerd
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Dinosaur_Nerd »

dragomir wrote:Can you upload both of your mode in Mod db or in google drive?I cant download Guncaster or Trailblazer from mediafire :( .I tried everything,including turning off add blocker,
turning off firewall,creating account but no result :shrug:.Its odd,because i have downloaded other modes from ZDoom and had no problem.The one uploaded in mediafire gives me trouble sometime,but eventually i can download them.This is the only mode i cant download.
Try using a different browser.
If using firefox, try chrome, or edge, etc...

I'll pass it on about possible failsafe options to the rest of the team, but pillow kinda been doing things this way for a good long while.
InfinityPilot

Post by InfinityPilot »

Guncaster is far and beyond my favorite Doom mod of all time, so I commissioned these awesome Doom Eternal fan skins as a tribute to it.

I just really wanted to share these, and I hope you guys like them as much as I do! Starring the Cygnis Suit, the BADASS Powersuit, and the Deadmaker Armor.

The artist was the talented Márton Kapoli. Be sure to give him some love!
Last edited by wildweasel on Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed malformed BBCode tags.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”