Intelligent Supplies 1.6

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Re: Intelligent Supplies 1.4

Post by Zhs2 »

Uploaded a ninjafix that deals with this abort, but this seems to be a problem stemming from the DoxBD mod side. Something in the mod causes a health pickup to spawn at rocket launchers with a default amount of zero. I've ensured the color math division does not occur in such a case.
mamaluigisbagel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by mamaluigisbagel »

Thats what I was thinking was the case since all other mods so far have worked fine. Thanks for confirming that.
CPL_Space
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Win10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by CPL_Space »

Howdy~
I've enjoyed LOTS how it lets you manage ammo, health and armor, but it gets a bit weird for custom items
been trying to play LiTDoom with it and, batteries - items you can use for many things, get stuck at only getting one battery no matter how many you pick up

Furthermore, when custom items is disabled it fixes this, but it spams out the "what we do here?" whenever you get near dim soul crystals: they work like health potions but they have random values, some which make it able to be harvested and get health, but some are low and don't affect you (remaining on the floor, intact)

so when you pass near 'em, it spams that message out per tick

Is there a way to disable that message altogether? Would appreciate an option to turn that off
and kudos for this system, it's super cool~ ^ u ^
Zhs2

Post by Zhs2 »

Oops, that's a debug message I haven't seen in a while. I've uploaded a ninjafix to remove it. But which version of LiTDoom are you playing, exactly, and with what other mods? Testing with IS and LiTDoom 0.57b does not seem to produce issues with either the various soul crystals (dim crystals don't seem to do anything) or battery pickups while CustomInventory behavior is enabled.
mamaluigisbagel

My brother tried this mod and immediately found a bug I was able to recreate with Final Doomer Plus. If you use the Final Doomer mod normally with Intelligent Supplies, enemies won't drop weapons. (ie killing a Shotgunner will drop nothing) unless in Final Doomer Plus options you set the items to Generic, which makes the weapons all look like default Doom weapons. After that, the mod drops weapons fine. Is this something that can be fixed at all?
Zhs2

Post by Zhs2 »

The weapons and ammo in Final Doomer actually spawn and can be picked up perfectly fine, just with no sprites on some settings. It appears that, as a side effect of IS altering the SPECIAL flag on parent items (so that IS items are absolutely picked up instead of the parent items), the visual effect actors which check for the SPECIAL flag on the same parent items immediately see it's unset and stop existing. Nothing I can do about this, it is a side effect of clashing with how Final Doomer is designed (the visual actors are separate from the actual weapons and ammo, and are set up to be visible only to certain player classes) - surely there's a better method to check if an actor still exists in DECORATE? (And Final Doomer weapons and ammo are heavily scripted custominventory items, which won't benefit from IS anyway...)
CPL_Space
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Win10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by CPL_Space »

I'm using the latest version of LiTDoom (*5.8a)
the quick fix did work and the message no longer appears, but the battery item issue persists so I'm just gonna turn custom item management off

everything else works mighty fine, thank you ^ ^
mamaluigisbagel

Gotcha. Like I said, it seems to show weapons fine when Final Doomer is set to display Generic (or Fancy Generic) items, so to me its not that big a deal.
NamelessGuy

Post by NamelessGuy »

Really love this mod, but it seems that ammo pickups no longer respect sv_doubleammo and all AmmoFactor settings in skill settings (maybe also HealthFactor and ArmorFactor for respective items but I haven't tested that)
Zhs2

Post by Zhs2 »

Hmm, whoops. It seems I left a note to myself in ammo saying ammo was smart enough to handle itself in terms of ammofactors but further testing says no, it isn't. I hooked back up ammofactors for ammo with another ninjafix upload. Ammofactors for weapons was already set up correctly, same with Healthfactors and Armorfactors for health and armor respectively.

The only thing that bothers me is that sv_doubleammo can be changed dynamically during the game and vanilla ammo pickup behavior will reflect this but already loaded IS items have already set their amount from the point they were spawned. I will have to put thought into ammo and weapon pickups determining the total amount of ammo they give you on first pickup rather than spawn.
Zhs2

Re: Intelligent Supplies 1.5

Post by Zhs2 »

Bump for update to version 1.5. In addition to the above ninjafixes (for DoubleAmmoFactor and other small issues like unfinished isunhandled handling) there is a new feature and big armor fixes:

- Weapons now drop their ammo hold if you don't have the weapon but are full on the ammunition they carry (provided that ammo is set up to drop in the world, of course). Special thanks to RAMP for making me realize this from picking up new weapons every so often.
- Armor now checks its default saveamount instead of the augmented saveamount it starts with if the player is carrying an armor-bonused-up armor and picks up a new armor. The augmented saveamount would sometimes cause items to believe your current green armor was better than a new blue armor in cases where it should not (as witnessed in Trailblazer, special thanks to that). As a result, armors can also only be repaired back to their default saveamount.
- Armor now checks both if you have at least some units of armor and an armor type to decide whether it should give you a new armor. GZDoom's BasicArmor does not reset all of its properties in mapsets that use ResetInventory for map changes...
barosans

Post by barosans »

well, with some weapons/gameplay mods, the Intelligent Supplies 1.5 does not work properly

for example, the aracnocide mod of Dr_Cosmobyte, some ammunition works but other nope

I did a test with a heavy pistol, with the max ammo heavy bullet ammo of the mod
I fired just one heavy bullet and walked on a supply of 12 heavy bullets to see but it did not work
Zhs2

Post by Zhs2 »

Unfortunately not - just like Final Doomer, Aracnocide is one of those mods set up to drop CustomInventory items that look like the proper ammo for your class and give you ammo directly when picked up. CustomInventory items are only supported so far as the ones you can carry...
RedClairefield

Post by RedClairefield »

Would it be too much to also add behavior that makes the player ignore armor and health bonuses when they're not at max armor/health except when they're at extremely low health/zero armor?
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Zhs2 wrote:[...]Aracnocide is one of those mods set up to drop CustomInventory items that look like the proper ammo for your class and [...]
Yes, unfortunately there isn't too mucn i can do for it. Even though all classes in Aracnocide share the same gun drop systems and spots, in order to make ammunition look different from class to class i need to make an artificial item that spots you and morphs to the ammunition your class use based on inventory tokens.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”