Netronian Chaos V.3.57: The Final, Last, Concluding Update

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
mamaluigisbagel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Netronian Chaos V.3.4: The Final, Last, Concluding Updat

Post by mamaluigisbagel »

Been really enjoying this mod so far, especially combined with the mspaint Doom texture pack. One thing I don't like is when in the options menu, any other mod's options menus are missing, possibly due to the options NC adds. Any way to fix this? As someone who uses a LOT of mini-mods and changes their settings often, this gets really annoying.
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

mamaluigisbagel wrote:Been really enjoying this mod so far, especially combined with the mspaint Doom texture pack. One thing I don't like is when in the options menu, any other mod's options menus are missing, possibly due to the options NC adds. Any way to fix this? As someone who uses a LOT of mini-mods and changes their settings often, this gets really annoying.
^Same. I had to disable NC, run doom with only extra addons, change their settings, quit doom, enable NC and then stick with whatever I set up for that entire playthrough.

I think it may be a matter of changing the menus to use a newer variant that adds settings to an option menu instead of overwriting everything entirely.

Other than that, I've picked up this mod recently and have been having a blast with it. I really love the arsenal, enemies, sounds, visual effects. I found the enemies to be a bit bullet spongy (but also slower to compensate for it), but I used a custom difficulty to halve their health and make them fast/aggressive to suit my play preference.

This mod definitely has soul! :thumb:
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

I'm really sorry for replying this late about the Menu being a mess-up in NC, everyone. I honestly do not like how it functions either but think i found a solution how to solve this without touching the Menu itself. Hotfix will come later.

Also glad you like my silly ol' TC, Spaceman333!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Right guys, sorry to keep you waiting! Finally put my things together and did the hotfix for both Main Mod and the Addon. So here are the new changes:

Code: Select all

Main Mod:

Annihilator's Dry-Fire glitch has been solved. Many thanks to Tesculpture!

Eilidh's footstep is less annoying anymore. Like when she stops moving, the footstep still played for a bit.

Menu Screen Overhauled. Now the Main Mod has its own section without interrupting the Gameplay Option section. Thanks for the feedback, people!

Addon: 

Mechmedic's shield now spawns properly when he gets hit and spawns no spark, as it intended.

Microgun Rifle's Dry-Fire glitch has been solved. Again, many thanks to Tesculpture!
Check out the OP and download. Always appreciated for caring my mod! You guys rock :D
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

Woot awesome! :D

The enemies of this mod are so stellar that I'd love to play against them with other weapon mods too. I really love their comm chatter, attacks, balancing and style. It feels like I'm really fighting an actually organized military force - a unique experience unlike any other monster mod out there.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

I'm glad you're liking the enemy roster of Netronian Chaos! Think i saw someone suggesting me to make weapon-only version. And after hearing your suggestion, i might make enemy only mod this year!

And this is kinda Off-Topic, but 'm not really a big fan of enemy designs, especially mechas' shape being inconsistent. In my official lore, Earth Coalition Force has all the rectangular mechanical designs, not the Netronian Force. You can see the remnants from Calmel and Visvio. Tho we can redesign anyways
openroadracer
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by openroadracer »

Say, Captain, I want to mention something...

See, I have been curious about some of the content in the mod. And knowing that a .PK3 file is basically just a renamed .ZIP file, I used Bitser to poke around in there. You obviously made a Chex Quest compatibility patch and integrated it into Netronian Chaos, and I'm kinda wondering...

Would it be possible to use that Netronian Chaos-specific Chex compatibility patch as a base to develop a semi-universal Chex-to-DooM pickup replacement patch? The idea would be to hopefully have this be able to be loaded before other gameplay mods, so that you could use other weapon sets with Chex Quest.

But, sadly, I lack the coding knowledge and understanding that would be required to make such a thing work. I still think it'd be cool, if it's possible.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

You mean using the script in the main mod that replaces a bit of Chex Quest, to make a complete patch for other mods? If so, sure thing! As long as you can credit me then we are all cool as ice.

However, you can't replace everything with only main mod and you need to download another addon that completes it. Because there are some conflicting Episode Text Graphics and Flemoids bleed red instead of green even. It's okay if people wants to use the addon as well. Again, credit me before using!
openroadracer
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by openroadracer »

Captain J wrote:You mean using the script in the main mod that replaces a bit of Chex Quest, to make a complete patch for other mods? If so, sure thing! As long as you can credit me then we are all cool as ice.

However, you can't replace everything with only main mod and you need to download another addon that completes it. Because there are some conflicting Episode Text Graphics and Flemoids bleed red instead of green even. It's okay if people wants to use the addon as well. Again, credit me before using!
Not sure I'd be able to do it myself. I'd have to first figure out what all the item pickups are called in the id Software .IWAD code, then put them in their proper places. And being me, I'd probably wreck the whole thing somewhere with the fact that I have no understanding of the code in question.

I suppose the only good news here is that it is a simple .TXT file for the Chex Quest compatibility. Still, I'd rather not end up causing problems trying to fiddle with something beyond my understanding.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Well some people might eventually make of their own and share it. If that happens, i would love to see it! Also the same goes for Strife, if it doesn't have any.
64palm
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by 64palm »

what a old version can be played on old gzdoom such a gzdoom 1.9.1 ??
sorry for my english
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

It seems GZDoom 1.9.1 came a year before Netronian Chaos. Although i didn't test this just yet but be sure to run old mods with GZDoom versions over 3.2.0.
camocorpwawawawzs

Post by camocorpwawawawzs »

Do you think you would ever make a monsters only version? if not that's totally fine.
Lagi

Post by Lagi »

thats very good mod.

i enjoy the crispy gameplay - weapons are satisfying, shuffling guns (dropping) is nice, monster are brand new
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Thanks, Lagi! Glad you're likin' it :D

Hey guys, sorry for the late reply! IRL stuff aside i've been updating my mods including Netronian Chaos. Today's update is a bit tiny but was a big nuisance to my eyes. Some changes are:

Code: Select all

- Druight's Shields no longer stun other enemies.

- Ren Gahn 2 now attacks quickly

- Fixed the filename of one Microgun Rifle sound effect.
Mainly updated the addon but i had to update the main mod as well because Druight's shields did affect on main mod's enemies as well. So you might need to download both. As always, i appreciate everyone who enjoys my mod. It feels amazing that after whopping 5 years, the mod's still kicking!
camocorpwawawawzs wrote:Do you think you would ever make a monsters only version? if not that's totally fine.
I'm actually considering about it. Maybe i could make it zandronum-friendly as well. While i'm busy working on my current mod, it might happen after certain amount of time.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”