[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
A.Gamma

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by A.Gamma »

Vegeta(dw) wrote: Looks nice. Do you still have the mech legs alone?
I do! They have been edited to fit the Mother Demon, but they should be useful. Remember to credit Sebabdukeboss20 and myself (Just for the cleanup tho, the awesomeness is his).

edgymemester

Post by edgymemester »

Made a bolt action rifle for Wolf 3d mods in the style of SOD lost episodes.
SOD lost episodes rifle improved.png
SOD lost episodes rifle improved.png (3.82 KiB) Viewed 3469 times
Credits:
Id Software
FormGen
Woolie Wool (general inspiration and basis of the pickup sprite)
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Very accurate and neat SoD rifle you've got there! Even the muzzle flash looks great :D
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Been messing around with Captain J.'s Blake Stone HD weapon sprites. Was really curious to see how they would look fully animated and in-game. Here they are animated, all based on the 64x64 originals. The Anti-Plasma Cannon is a little too big so a lot of it is cut off towards the bottom. Unless you prefer a weapon that takes up 50-75% of the screen. The Plasma Discharge Unit animates really weirdly but that's how the original was.

Auto Charge Pistol
Spoiler:
Slow Fire Protector
Spoiler:
Rapid Assault Weapon
Spoiler:
Dual Neutron Disrupter
Spoiler:
Plasma Discharge Unit
Spoiler:
Anti-Plasma Cannon
Spoiler:
Last edited by CeeJay on Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
edgymemester

Post by edgymemester »

Captain J wrote:Very accurate and neat SoD rifle you've got there! Even the muzzle flash looks great :D
Thank you captain.
CeeJay wrote:Been messing around with Captain J.'s Blake Stone HD weapon sprites. Was really curious to see how they would look fully animated and in-game. Here they are animated, all based on the 64x64 originals. The Anti-Plasma Cannon is a little too big so a lot of it is cut off towards the bottom. Unless you prefer a weapon that takes up 50-75% of the screen. The Plasma Discharge Unit animates really weirdly but that's how the original was.
Now I desperately want someone to make a Blake Stone TC or gameplay mod, these are just too fucking cool to pass up on.
nuke em muscle

Post by nuke em muscle »

TheRailgunner wrote:
nuke em muscle wrote:Armalite AR-18 graphics. Quite a job to get it done after many attempts.

Finally, a quality AR-18 sprite! I don't suppose you've got more of these? A weapon I've been wanting to work on is based off of the AR-18, but finding a good base to start from is apparently rather difficult, for some reason (it's essentially an AR-18 with a non-folding stock and a slightly larger cartridge).

Either way, that rifle is goddamn gorgeous.
Thanks. Yes, further graphics for the AR-18 is going to be made. Reload and variants such as the fold stock is going to be considered.
ElectricPulse
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by ElectricPulse »

The Plasma Rifle, just a little more "electric". I wouldn't recommend you to hold the weapon right next to the cables, though :?

TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

nuke em muscle wrote:
TheRailgunner wrote:
nuke em muscle wrote:Armalite AR-18 graphics. Quite a job to get it done after many attempts.

Finally, a quality AR-18 sprite! I don't suppose you've got more of these? A weapon I've been wanting to work on is based off of the AR-18, but finding a good base to start from is apparently rather difficult, for some reason (it's essentially an AR-18 with a non-folding stock and a slightly larger cartridge).

Either way, that rifle is goddamn gorgeous.
Thanks. Yes, further graphics for the AR-18 is going to be made. Reload and variants such as the fold stock is going to be considered.
ImageImageImage

Beep boop. Threw a DIMOSHunter hand on it - also, Ayanami-S Carbine variant.

EDIT: Heavy shading is fun. I also kept a version of the sprite with the shading layers separated so I can apply them to the original AR-18 sprite as well. EDIT II: Handless heavily shaded variants of both sprites:

ImageImage

EDIT III: Resaved the Ayanami-S Carbine sprite because, for whatever reason, Paint.NET saved it as an 8-bit/256-color image.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

TheRailgunner wrote:Armalite AR-18 graphics. Quite a job to get it done after many attempts.
Excellent work! I actually wanted AR-18 sprites because i haven't seen any so nice job. The shading looks great, but would look even cooler if perspective was kinda right. Railgunner improved it nicely too.
CeeJay wrote:Been messing around with Captain J.'s Blake Stone HD weapon sprites. Was really curious to see how they would look fully animated and in-game. Here they are animated, all based on the 64x64 originals. The Anti-Plasma Cannon is a little too big so a lot of it is cut off towards the bottom. Unless you prefer a weapon that takes up 50-75% of the screen. The Plasma Discharge Unit animates really weirdly but that's how the original was.
Thanks so much for the animations! And i expected Anti-Plasma Cannon would look large in game so that's my oversight... Might fix it later.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

It was my pleasure. I really like them, they fit the original art style very well. This could very well been an official HD remaster. One other thing I spotted is how the muzzle flash for the two pistols are very different from one and another whereas the originals had practically the same one. I think one was just bigger.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Because i honestly, rather dislike the copy-n-paste nature of Blake Stone. Auto Charge Pistol looks similar to Slow Fire Protector but with small changes. And the muzzle flash is kinda same as well. I also noticed that Dual Neutron Disruptor has a bit of Plasma Discharge Unit's.

Nice to see that they changed the weapon sprites in Planet Strike, but i care Blake Stone this much and it would've been better, you know? Anyways here's the Anti-Plasma Cannon fix as i promised:

EDIT: It's been combined to the original sprite sheet. Check it out!
Last edited by Captain J on Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

Planet Strike has an alternate sprite for the Rapid Assault Weapon - will you be making an HD version of that?
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Not a big fan of the gun's design, so i don't think so. But maybe later??
VriskaSerket
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by VriskaSerket »

Currently reworking my first person Alien Swarm weapons, starting with this here AR. I don't think I'll be doing all guns as some are just awkward and undetailed, but a good number of 'em will come in due time.

In order: original crappy resized gmod rip, shading and lighting edit, magless version. Next up is some nice firing frames and moving bolt, I suppose.
Attachments
Alien Swarm AR.png
giuseppemoghadam1984

Post by giuseppemoghadam1984 »

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png

I don't really know where to post, so I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place.
Does anybody know who made this pistol sprite? I don't remember where I found it, but it looks really nice, I love the look of small hands holding a smaller pistol. And if anyone knows the creator of this sprite, have they done any other stuff? I'd love to know where I could find it if so! Thanks!

Return to “General”