The Guncaster - 3.888b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
PillowBlaster

Re: The Guncaster - 3.888b

Post by PillowBlaster »

It's been a while, so lemme do the thing. Update time, give thanks to KeksDose for fixing things too! (And of course, praise Mima and the Moon)

Core + Addon.
Spoiler: changelog
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

PillowBlaster wrote: -Made dropped Pulverizers also drop you Longhorn ammo, even if it doesn't make sense, I think it makes using revolver slightly more viable. (Pillow)
Making zombiemen always drop it works for me. Was that a thought or is it not doable in the other games as well?
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by fakemai »

Speaking of Pulverizer, if you enable that option for Acolytes to spawn with them, and kill them with fire while they're shooting, the shooting never stops, at least the sound. It's funny. That aside nothing else noticed and those other things were fixed, thank you. I just need to actually play vanilla Strife again and confirm how certain things are meant to be played. Probably Heretic next though. Also Masters of Pain? That left me confused for a while but I get it now, and it'll be a lot of fun to exploit the hell out of.
Rexen
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11 Home
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Rexen »

Okay so recently I had this dumb idea but a silly one. I was thinking that when the player opens the shop there's a very small chance the shopkeeper is sleeping on the job in some way, like snoring or something like that. Also I been wondering, is it possible for subtitles to be added for the other non-shop voice lines since gzdoom has a feature for that?
ClessxAlghazanth

Post by ClessxAlghazanth »

Hi

Does anyone know if it's possible to run the latest Guncaster version with monster packs such as Colorful Hell ? The universal adapter mod doesn't seem to be updated for a while

best regards and thanks
Fureyon

Post by Fureyon »

I haven't played a lot yet, but here's some feedback:

That little buff to the Matriarch gave it the punch it needed to compete with other guns as far as time to kill is concerned. On the previous patch you could easily overtake Matriarch damage with other guns on sustained fire (base guns only, no Stratos), now its damage overall is pretty similar with the added benefit of also having some AoE, so it's worth using on the big guys, such as the Cyberdemon.

I can't say I've noticed much difference in the buffed spells. Mind you, I don't doubt they're better, but I haven't felt like it was worth modifying how I use them. That is to say: despite the buff, the status quo is unaltered, which is good!

The Ironblast Strat summon/unsummon is indeed more intuitive now, although I've always used the quick summon/unsummon myself. I also think the sprites look pretty cool, I've always been curious about what Bishop's palm structure looked like.

Masters of Pain upgrade is hella good! Now I consider this artifact a must-have, especially because it fits my playstyle like a glove!
UTNerd24

Post by UTNerd24 »

There's a weird bug with the propane tanks. If picked up, selected, then used, the tank is thrown, but its still in the player's inventory, however it can't be selected. Like, it skips to your next item, but reads "Propane"
I know I should be using binds, but still, It's kinda weird.
Fureyon

Post by Fureyon »

The key noises help a lot, I dunno why I can't see the keys on the map anymore even with the setting to do so on GZDoom. I only have this problem with GC for whatever reason, with other mods it works fine.
Also I'd like to ask you to boost the key noises in Heretic. In Doom(2) it's fine, nice and audible, on Heretic its so low you can barely hear it even without music.

I don't think Hexen or Strife have key noises, considering you have at least a dozen different ones.

EDIT: Skull Keys in Doom seem to use the same sound bits as Heretic, and could use a boost in volume too.
Last edited by Fureyon on Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rexen

Post by Rexen »

I seen the Key issue happen with Project Brutality 3.0 as well, so I don't think its just a GC case
Fureyon

Post by Fureyon »

I noticed another bug, when gunzerking with the Sandman, shell casings coming off the Left Gun are tiny (aka: normal sized) compared to the bigger casings the gun normally spews.
Gourry
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Gourry »

Not sure if this has been mentioned: when I get the reaversphere, the game goes to vm abort mode.
Chaosvolt

Post by Chaosvolt »

Rexen wrote:I seen the Key issue happen with Project Brutality 3.0 as well, so I don't think its just a GC case

I almost misread that as implying you'd tried to play with both mods enabled and started getting 'nam flashbacks.
Rexen

Post by Rexen »

Gourry wrote:Not sure if this has been mentioned: when I get the reaversphere, the game goes to vm abort mode.
You might want to mention what iwad you used and what other mods you're using. I just tried with UD, Doom 2, Heretic, Hexen and SVE and I couldn't get a vm abort
Gourry
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Gourry »

On the doom 2 iwad:

btsx_e1a (back to Saturn X)
btsx_e1b
guncaster 3.8888b
GC_Addon
GC_Weaponshop
ColourfulHellBrownBetafinal.pk3
gearbox v0.6.0
target spy 2.0.1
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Gourry wrote:On the doom 2 iwad:

btsx_e1a (back to Saturn X)
btsx_e1b
guncaster 3.8888b
GC_Addon
GC_Weaponshop
ColourfulHellBrownBetafinal.pk3
gearbox v0.6.0
target spy 2.0.1
Try playing without TargetSpy and/or Colorful Hell.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”