Complex DooM (UPDATED 10/01/22)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
celulamp

Re: Complex DooM (updated 17/01/19)

Post by celulamp »

So i'm assuming legendary and clusterfuck won't work with this? If so sucks but hey at least we're getting updates for complex doom!
LowEndPCGamer100

Post by LowEndPCGamer100 »

this mod is effectively dead for the time being
Mad Dal 85

Post by Mad Dal 85 »

Hey Daedalus

I hope you're good. I was told that the Complex Doom Clusterf*ck mod was created by you. Great mod.

Anyway, I have a question. In the credits section of the complex-doom file, it said that the sprites and sounds are free to use but not the coding (which is fair enough) Can I use a few of the weapon sprites and matching sounds for them in my mod please?

I thought it would be better to ask you first instead of going behind your back and use them without permission.

Just in case you're wondering what weapons that I would like to use, they are; Combat Shotgun, Assault Shotgun, Rocket Launcher and BFG9500.

I can write the decorate files out myself for them as I am pretty good with that kind of thing.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Mad Dal
Daedalus

Post by Daedalus »

Mad Dal 85 wrote:Hey DaedalusI hope you're good. I was told that the Complex Doom Clusterf*ck mod was created by you. Great mod.
Clusterfuck wasn't done by me, it is a fan made addon.

You are completely free to use them, just be sure to properly credit the original authors which I'm sure I have listed in the mods credits lump.
Mad Dal 85

Post by Mad Dal 85 »

Ah, right. Okay, thank you. I spoke to Dusted on Discord and he said it's Complex DOOM which is made by you, but he uses some the of the stuff from CF in his other projects. I found it weird when he said none of it was his work because his name is in the 'mod options.'

It just feels like everyone is sending me on a wild goose chase and refusing to say a straight 'yes' or 'no' when I ask people if I can use their sprites in my mod.

I dunno. Someone once said on a live stream that all the custom made stuff has been used and modified so much, that many people claim it's their work so it seems like no one knows who made what anymore.

At least I know it's okay to use them providing I give the proper credit so thanks for clearing that up for me. I can't see 'BFG9500' listed in the credits, just 'BFG' so I guess that's the right BFG?
Plasmasucker

Post by Plasmasucker »

Hi everyone.

I noticed that BFG9500 can not be picked up to receive the plasma ammo in it, if the player already have BFG9500. I changed the variable AmmoGive in the weapons.dec but it did not have any effect.

Is it a bug or a feature?

Thanks for answer.
Daedalus

Re: Complex DooM (UPDATED 15/11/21)

Post by Daedalus »

Mod updated, link in OP with full changelog.

Spot anything weird going on just call out.

Enjoy!
TonynUBares

Post by TonynUBares »

Idea/suggestion for increasing compatibility with some of those new weapon mods out there:
what about getting rid of SETSLOT int the KEYCONF lump and using either weapon or player class property?
Just asking mainly out of curiosity
edypagaza
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by edypagaza »

I'm surprised about this update
you actually made me play this mod again and again with this new content, I like it a lot, hope to see more!
PFL

Post by PFL »

Daedalus wrote:Mod updated, link in OP with full changelog.

Spot anything weird going on just call out.

Enjoy!
Oh cool. Thanks a lot. Will try the benefits right away. EDIT - Just took a look at the changelog ... !!! that's an update alright :)
PFL

Post by PFL »

Simply put, this update is amazing. The time response of the lower tier is faster and the weapons respond perfectly to the challenge. I wasn't so sure of all the changes on my firts run but now, after a few hours with it I fully appreciate it. It's a very big update. I still have the vibe of the earlier version while feeling upgraded to a Tesla Roadster :)

Again, amazing work, perfect wad.

Edit. while the starting pistol is useful for a while, it rarely is after a few levels, even with the fast upgrade of the earlier version. NOW, you have manage to keep it NECESSARY for the whole game and I think it's well balanced too. Ultra satisfying to use against everything when you are not too BUSY. The same idea goes for the normal shotgun. I often switch between the two when upgraded. The same goes for the grenades. VERY strong for a crowded batch when upgraded. I also dig highly your change for a random system for the upgrades. We no longer have to wait for ever until a certain type of monster shows up to get a specific one. KUDOS again. Very strong update. Do I have a negative thing to say? I wish I had :). I always have something bad to say but you nailed it so much ... speechless. Oh, perhaps, if you ever feel like it, it could be even more badass to put a few extra monsters in it. For the rest, it's damn perfect.

Oh, and I almost forgot; that green demon that I used to be careful about, before... .Now, everytime he shows up, I shit in my pants ...
Last edited by PFL on Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Alptraum
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Alptraum »

Haven't been playing Doom mods for months. Decided to pay a visit this forum. I'm happy that you're back and updated the mod. Thanks ^^
LowEndPCGamer100

Post by LowEndPCGamer100 »

Alptraum wrote:Haven't been playing Doom mods for months. Decided to pay a visit this forum. I'm happy that you're back and updated the mod. Thanks ^^
same here, this update, and the updates to HXRTC Project have gotten me back into doom as of late, and man complex doom has come far, always my go to when i want a good vanilla style game or want to test a wad out.
guydude

Post by guydude »

This is the best randomizer mod out there. Well designed and cohesive aesthetically especially without the d64 arachnotron sprite sticking out. Mostly fair with a good sense of progression and variety. Increased difficulty is offset by the inventory system and beefier weapons. The upgrade for the combat shotgun is so so great. The revolver upgrade for the pistol is a great addition. Thank you for continuing to update it periodically.
Captain Keen

Post by Captain Keen »

I am playing the new v27b1 of Complex Doom in the latest GZDoom 4.7.1, without any other frills (just any WAD and this singular mod by itself). I've noticed that when I step over keys, it tells me I've grabbed them, but they remain present in the map and don't disappear. Is that purposeful? Is this a bug? It straight up confused me at first, as I thought I didn't have the key. I tested this in plain ol' Doom II and the quirk is present there, so it's not specific to a wad. Thanks!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”