Russian Mercenaries [V3.2]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
RastaManGames
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Russian Mercenaries [V3.2]

Post by RastaManGames »

First of all, i want to say a big sorry for using these ripped sprites from various resources. Digital drawing (specially pixel art) was never been my thing. I am also not experienced modder and all i have done in the past was only maps (maybe part of them contained some ACS scripts as well). I am gonna be very grateful if you are let me use your resources in this project. At least, for some time.
Spoiler: Story So Far
This monster pack brings two ideas:
1) Most of enemies are fast projectile buddies. Sorry for low variety, but this is kinda nice while using some mods.
2) All voiceover uses Russian language. This is my primary language and i love those voice lines a lot. Please notice, that big portion of them contains profanity.

Download This Junk
Alternative Dumpster
Spoiler: Suggested Mods
Spoiler: ChangeLog
Spoiler: Credits
Last edited by RastaManGames on Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:19 am, edited 93 times in total.
Ferretmanjcdenton
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Russian Mercenaries [V0.5]

Post by Ferretmanjcdenton »

Link doesn't work sadly ...
RastaManGames

Re: Russian Mercenaries [V0.5]

Post by RastaManGames »

Ferretmanjcdenton wrote:Link doesn't work sadly ...
Google doing some shady things with security on the Drive service.
Sorry for trouble. I hope that i fixed download link now.
Spaceman333

Re: Russian Mercenaries [V0.6]

Post by Spaceman333 »

This sounds awesome, I gotta give this a try!

Not only its a monster replacer with human opponents (quite rare!), but russian swearing is both hilarious and intimidating at the same time, which makes for a really cool experience. I'm really glad this mod was made and released, I'm totally fine with it having random sprites as long as they work fine (can rotate 4 or 8 directions and don't have errors/rogue pixels in the sprites). I already know I'm gonna love this mod. :D
openroadracer
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by openroadracer »

Russian Mercs, eh? And you actively suggest using Call of DOOM: Black Warfare with this?

I'll have to give this a shot. Though I do have to ask if you'd have intentions towards adding the Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction Russian Mafia thugs as part of this... Would be nice, I think.
RastaManGames

Post by RastaManGames »

openroadracer wrote:...you actively suggest using Call of DOOM: Black Warfare with this?
To be honest, i prefer Special Weapons more due to big variety of weapons and very pleasant gunfire sounds. But that fact, that Call of DOOM even working with these thugs are driving me crazy (in a good way). I don't expected it to working together in any way.
openroadracer

Post by openroadracer »

RastaManGames wrote:
openroadracer wrote:...you actively suggest using Call of DOOM: Black Warfare with this?
To be honest, i prefer Special Weapons more due to big variety of weapons and very pleasant gunfire sounds. But that fact, that Call of DOOM even working with these thugs are driving me crazy (in a good way). I don't expected it to working together in any way.
Special Weapons doesn't show your character holding the guns though.

Call of DOOM has the issue with almost every gun having a different set of hands, which is kinda bad.

You know what? Someone ought to make a Payday 2 gun rips mod. At least that way, we could have a MASSIVE array of different guns, but have them all with consistent hands.
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

openroadracer wrote:
RastaManGames wrote:
Special Weapons doesn't show your character holding the guns though.
Well, yeah. It's meant to be a classic Rainbow Six kind of mod. Very accurate for it to not show view models or sprites.
https://youtu.be/hEM2mfS6sLM?t=32
openroadracer

Post by openroadracer »

ZikShadow wrote:Well, yeah. It's meant to be a classic Rainbow Six kind of mod. Very accurate for it to not show view models or sprites.
https://youtu.be/hEM2mfS6sLM?t=32
I mean, I understand what you're saying; it's just that, well, every FPS I've played, with very few exceptions, renders your weapon in your character's hands. It just doesn't feel right without it.

Especially for someone whose first FPS was GoldenEye 007 on the N64, and most of the FPS I used to play come from the Call of Duty franchise, it kinda takes me out of the experience a little.
shaodoomkahn
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by shaodoomkahn »

ok but where's the voodka ?
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

shaodoomkahn wrote:ok but where's the voodka ?
Russian Overkill provides the vodka. :mrgreen:
Yebudoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Russian Mercenaries [V1.5]

Post by Yebudoom »

Disabling mercs from the options menu doesn't seem to be working at the moment. For instance, I disabled characters from HL2, Delta Force 2, Left 4 Dead and SWAT4, and they're still in the game afterwards.

Other than that, a really cool mod!
RastaManGames

Post by RastaManGames »

Spawner config menu was added back then in V0.9, but it still heavenly WIP and not working, so... Sorry for that! :oops:
armymen12002003
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by armymen12002003 »

I just tried this and i have certain enemies turned off not to spawn and yet they still spawn can you fix this please.
RastaManGames

Post by RastaManGames »

Spawner function must be rewritten in pure ZScript in a way of complex structure that can operate with dynamic random spawners, parameters which are binded to CVARs.
After several tries of brainstorm i just not invented anything useful and working.
Get this feature work is one of my primary objectives in the nearest future, but for now it's just not work at all.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”