[Blade of Agony] Personal Addon & Confiscated Weapons!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ZikShadow

Re: [Blade of Agony] Personal Addon & Confiscated Weapons!

Post by ZikShadow »

Added a second link that has a launcher-compat version. Figured a lot of people are probably going to ask me how to install the thing, and constantly having to tell the lot to use a different launcher would probably bite me in the caboose long term. Note that the second link doesn't have the defaulter, since it's useless with BoA being run as a standalone game instead of a Doom PWAD.
mrtaterz
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by mrtaterz »

I love this idea. The M1 Thompson is one of my favorite weapons and it's an eyebrow raiser to not have it in a WW2 game, for sure. Glad to see you bringing classics back through the Confiscated Weapons Mod. Did you know Medal of Honor: Underground had almost no Allied weapons as well?
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

I haven't played the PS1 originals, I'm afraid. Played MoHAA plenty, though.
Delinquent

Post by Delinquent »

Quick question, how would I go about adding Use-to-Pickup into the game? BOA has its own "efficiency" add-on which seems to do something similar, but the official add-ons seem to be giving me some weird errors, so I'm not sure if I can use that.
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

I think I mentioned that I don't actually use BoA's launcher whenever I'm playing that mod. I just use ZDL and use my usual GZD setup.
It's a bit fiddly if you don't know how to set up such launchers, but the positives is that you can run any mod with universal compatibility and it'll work fine with BoA.

https://i.imgur.com/aBTZORE.jpg

Like say for instance, DeusDoom and Corruption Cards. I think something like Flipper'll work as well? Basically a much more liberating system than using the launcher that requires any installed mods to specifically be made for BoA complete with launcher specifications.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... -03-53.mp4
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

Updated Personal Addon with some minor stuff.

- Kar98K now ejects casings in the middle of the bolt sequence instead of right when it fires.
- Tesla Cannon given new sounds, hopefully it'll fare better in the feedback category.
- Astrostein and Tesla weapons given zappy sounds for the dryfire instead of gunclicking.
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

Updated Personal Addon again.

Added in Fliegerfaust sprites to replace the ROTT-based original. It's a bit of a hackery, since it's cobbled out of a Panzerfaust model (not the one in ConfisWeaps, a different one) whose meshes I just moved around and copied. Also recolored the grey skin it originally had to the one currently used. Can't find names attached to it, however, so I'm keeping the credits untampered for the moment until I find the proper author.

One can also find a new smaller addon in the non-launcher download. I can't be bothered to make such an insignificant addon on-site launcher compatible right now, so, only the separate off-site launcher folks could use this for the moment. It just gives a bra to the cake lady in Gotterdammerung and wipes the no-no bits from the bronze statues you occasionally see. No biggie, but could be useful for people recording BoA.

-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Sorry for the bump, but any chance of making these their own standalone weapon pack? They blend perfectly with what's already in the mod and I think there's enough in there that it could easily stand on its own too.

There aren't many WW2 mods that actually feature Allied weaponry for some reason, it's always MP40's, Lugers, etc., so this really scratches that itch well.
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

It's possible, but would require essentially recreating a lot of the code work to stand alone from BoA's stuff. That, and I'd have to figure out how to balance the weapons properly, since I was banking on BoA stripping all of your weapons at the end of a map to keep the player from possessing 50-something weapons. At the very least figure out a weapon swap system ala' Nazis!.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”