[Enemies Only] Xenomorph Madness V3 [16/04/22]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Dr_Cosmobyte

[Enemies Only] Xenomorph Madness V3 [16/04/22]

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

"In space, no one can hear you load this with your favorite weapons."

This mod was ready to go for quite some time in my folders, and i even had the permission to release it. But yesterday i woke up with the mood of revising and polishing this for a 1.0 release. This is a enemies-only version of This awesome Aliens mod by Sink, albeit with a few twists to re-balance the game and make it more accessible while not losing the adrenaline the OG mod has.

The OG mod is kinda rare to find, but it's definitely worth to get your hands on it, as it is among the best Alien mods out there. These enemies make things go from Alien to Aliens™ pretty quick. But as much as they are quick and deadlier, any weapon can kill them easier than zombiemen or imps.

There is little variety on the sprites, i am aware of that. But i don't plan to add any new enemies to the roster. Let's see how the feedback comes up and adjust things to the player needs.

Also, it wouldn't be a Certified Cosmobyte Mod™ If it wasn't compatible with HEXEN AND HERETIC! So go medieval on their butts!

Click here If you need any guns in Hexen and Heretic! Works with at least 50 mods!

So, what changed from the OG mod to this pack?
Spoiler: Changes
Spoiler: Credits
What are you waiting for? Get this mod and load it with your favorite weapon pack to fire short, controlled bursts on these xenos! Or else, game over, man!

D O W N L O A D   N O W ! (1.58 mb)

Screnshots:
Loaded with Hellrider by Moa/Endie

Loaded with Nightmare Logic by yours, truly.
Last edited by Dr_Cosmobyte on Sat Jul 08, 2023 10:35 pm, edited 8 times in total.
GruigiGamez

Re: [Enemies Only] Xenomorph Madness v1.0

Post by GruigiGamez »

*all pyro mains swiching to notromo napalmer*
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

I tried to load up vanilla Doom II with this. Suffice to say, I did not get very far... :lol:

Then again, it is a bit my fault, as I refused to take advantage of the fact that the Xenomorphs would oftentimes get stopped by invisible walls or fall into pits that they cannot get out of.
PresBarackbar

Post by PresBarackbar »

Pairs exceptionally well with an Aliens themed character from another well known Dr_Cosmobyte product!
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

Reduced the speed of all aliens to go easier on players
A very welcome change, especially that one. :D

I remember loading the original xenomorphs enemy replacer mod and my experience can be summed up as "fuck fuck fuck shit shit shit aaaaAAAAAA".
Now this enemy pack will be much nicer with the changes you listed.
Yebudoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Yebudoom »

Damn, Dr_Cosmo. What would we do without you? We'd be much more bored, most likely!

Thank you. In the immortal words of a certain General: this will make a fine addition to my collection!
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Thanks for the nice words, you guys!

Just to solve something before any of you ask, "why would i load this with that slog that hexen is? I don't even have guns..." remember that i made this mod not too long ago, so go wild if you need some firearms.

If i get to push a next update, i'll probably fix some small inconsistencies and slow all monsters even further. I still think they're not suited for mods in a general way.

Keep blasting those xenos!
shaodoomkahn
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by shaodoomkahn »

you should made predator madness next
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Nah, thanks, too much just for a single addition. ;)
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: [Enemies Only] Xenomorph Madness v2.0

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

One week since debut, and 258 downloads! That's great!

Just to clean the house a bit, i've already noticed a few inconsistencies with the pack, adressed them and forgot to do a proper changelog. But the gist of it is that i've thrown the file into Doom Crusher and i surprisingly got ONE ENTIRE MEGABYTE out of the file. So the mod is even smaller now, almost fits in a floppy! Other changes include some increasing in hitboxes size, reduced even more the chance of huggers and chestbursters spam-jump at you, fixed the Queen having small fire death sprites and removed some unused things out of it.

Download now and try it out!
mrspeaker

Re: [Enemies Only] Xenomorph Madness v2 (11/07/21)

Post by mrspeaker »

Did you fix them getting stuck on invisible walls and stuff?
Death_Ripper666
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Death_Ripper666 »

I've played this along with Painslayer (weapon mod based on Painkiller) with different mapsets and I had a blast with it, despite being pretty quick and being all over the place if you aren't on your toes. This is an awesome enemies only to be added to my playthrough. :D
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

mrspeaker wrote:Did you fix them getting stuck on invisible walls and stuff?
Imma be fair about it, i have no idea what causes this :lol:
My stupid guess is that they have some large hitboxes and the fact they are hella fast make them get stuck on things while chasing the player.

But don't worry yet, i need to push a V3 someday because the stupid here forgot to give A_BossDeath to the arachnotron and mancubus replacers.
Death_Ripper666 wrote:I've played this along with Painslayer (weapon mod based on Painkiller) with different mapsets and I had a blast with it, despite being pretty quick and being all over the place if you aren't on your toes. This is an awesome enemies only to be added to my playthrough. :D
Thank you! Keep tuned for more updates and have fun ;)
64palm
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by 64palm »

hello dr_cosmobyte

are you have a file from this link

https://zandronum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5988

cuz this link already dead

sorry for my english
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Return to “Gameplay Mods”