DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
MsrSgtShooterPerson
Location: Lost in the procedural infinite hells and I'm fine with that.

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Post by MsrSgtShooterPerson »

Rainmaker wrote:Probably a dumb question but is there a way to remove modpacks from weapons?
As a Technician, you can scavenge a single modpack from a weapon by attemping to drop it. It destroys the weapon in the process.
Bofubutt

Post by Bofubutt »

Regarding the Nightmare Archvile, while it's led to some cheap deaths, I've actually gotten pretty good at dodging its attacks. I would say that I wish its flame pillar actually boosted you upward like a normal Archvile attack, if only because I like to play mapsets with this mod and some use Archvile jumps as a requirement to proceed or access secrets. But that's hardly unique to the NM Archvile. I do agree that maybe its damage should ramp up or that the attack should deal damage less frequently. I've actually seen NM Archviles bring down a lot of Cyberdemon-level bosses, what with their fire immunity and ability to dish out huge amounts of damage in bursts.

Also, a secondary attack might not be a bad idea. Demolitionist with Reactive Shield laughs at your puny Nightmare Archviles. Or anyone with a certain armor set that provides total immunity to its attacks... can't have them getting too comfortable, given that Hellmines also have a specific secondary attack for this.
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by fakemai »

Brohnesorge wrote:E: Increasing the delay between damage ticks would also go a long way to make it less of an instant kill, assuming it does something like
I'm actually not sure what is going on with this enemy because it looks like it's supposed to do 3 damage sources per tic: two 2-damage projectiles somewhat randomly in the core, and the blast damage (5 in 32 radius), however that should give Demolitionist a bit more leeway to stand still in it that he doesn't have since he dies almost instantly like others. However at full sprint he takes almost nothing, while others get significantly hurt. As it stands I think the enemy is designed fine, provided the enemy itself is not being used stupidly in a given mapset (hi Plutonia). Just also be aware that the blast damage has no damage falloff. If you're in range without blast resists, you're taking the full brunt of it.
Rainmaker wrote:Probably a dumb question but is there a way to remove modpacks from weapons?
Not like the way you're hoping, no. There is officially only the Technician special which destroys the weapon and only retrieves one of the modpacks randomly. However there is still the glitch with the FIREBLU sphere where any weapons discarded while under its effect forget what modpacks (and demonic artifacts) they had applied.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

it's also worth mentioning that any amount of fire resistance significantly decreases the threat level of the NM Archie's attack: even something like the Commando armor has a huge noticeable effect on the amount of damage you take from it, provided you've outrun the attack (if there are no pillars to duck away from the attack, a well-timed sprinting jump is the best way to get away from it). standing in the center of the attack would still be very lethal, but when you've dodged the attack, the damage you take from the attack emerging is pretty small (smaller than a regular Archie's attack), the radius damage the attack emits does no damage to you (unless you go straight into the attack), and it doesn't even damage your armor, making the NM Archie a sitting duck for as long as the attack is active.
Doomguy914

Post by Doomguy914 »

If anyone is interested I have a full Ultimate Doom through Final Doom playthrough of RLA, Legendoom, and zetashop on Fast Monsters and Adaptive difficulty. I also use some other immersion adding mods that don't take away from the RLA
experience.

Any and all criticism and advice appreciated. No mic commentary for the time being. :)
hqppy

Post by hqppy »

Hello, im trying to play it with doomRPG and it seems to work but i have some trouble with the HUD, the stamina count displays as "aaaaaaaaaaaaa" and they diminish when i use it, alos things seems to be at the wrong place with the full scale HUD and if i turn the fullscale HUD to alternative HUD or simply smaller HUD i lack some information.
Also watever i do, i dont see any EP count wich is really annoying.

https://imgur.com/4Wask9c

Here is my load order : https://imgur.com/DjRjT54

Any idea how i could solve this ?

I use :

GzDoom 4.5.0
DoomRPG (lastest github version)
DoomRPG SE Launcher v1.2.2
DoomRL_Arsenal_1.1.4.pk3
DoomRL_Monsters_Beta_7.3.pk3
Doomguy914

Post by Doomguy914 »

hqppy wrote:Hello, im trying to play it with doomRPG and it seems to work but i have some trouble with the HUD, the stamina count displays as "aaaaaaaaaaaaa" and they diminish when i use it, alos things seems to be at the wrong place with the full scale HUD and if i turn the fullscale HUD to alternative HUD or simply smaller HUD i lack some information.
Also watever i do, i dont see any EP count wich is really annoying.

https://imgur.com/4Wask9c

Here is my load order : https://imgur.com/DjRjT54

Any idea how i could solve this ?

I use :

GzDoom 4.5.0
DoomRPG (lastest github version)
DoomRPG SE Launcher v1.2.2
DoomRL_Arsenal_1.1.4.pk3
DoomRL_Monsters_Beta_7.3.pk3
I don't believe current versions of RLA are made to be fully compatible with DRPG anymore, but I'm sure if you join their discord and ask around, someone will be able to point you to a patch so DRPG,can work alongside RLA.

Alternatively, you could try viewing this forum and see if it can help. viewtopic.php?f=43&t=70328
hqppy

Post by hqppy »

Thanks, i solved my problems by using a pack that was containing a ton of mods and wads and almost ready to play !
simply follow the steps here and it should work perfectly !

https://github.com/WNC12k/DoomRPG-Rebal ... /README.md
the download link is at the bottom.
64palm
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by 64palm »

hello can i ask?
where i can find a HUD like from a screenshot ??

sorry for my english
Doomguy914

Post by Doomguy914 »

64palm wrote:hello can i ask?

sorry for my english
Go options > DRLA options > Arsenal Options > Scroll down to HUD options and select Switch Full screen HUD style. Then you have to exit the menu before the changes take effect.
If you still can't see it, try adjusting your hud size using the + and - keys.

Bofubutt

Post by Bofubutt »

I've mentioned this before, but I definitely think something is bugged that prevents the Mortar and BFG Spider Mastermind variants from spawning. I did some testing and figured out that this bug only seems to happen if you're on Adaptive difficulty.

To test this, I created a map that has 100 Spider Masterminds. I tested it on Standard, Adaptive with 0 Danger Level, Adaptive with 5 Danger Level, and Adaptive with 30 Danger Level.

On Standard, I got a couple of Mortar and BFG Masterminds. On all of the Adaptive tests, regardless of DL, I didn't get a single one. I tested this multiple times and would be happy to upload the quick and dirty test map I used.
Sgt. Ham
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Sgt. Ham »

Doomguy914 wrote:
64palm wrote:hello can i ask?

sorry for my english
Go options > DRLA options > Arsenal Options > Scroll down to HUD options and select Switch Full screen HUD style. Then you have to exit the menu before the changes take effect.
If you still can't see it, try adjusting your hud size using the + and - keys.

Holy shit I didn't know this was a thing either! :shock: I just thought it was a header for the one statusbar scroller option like an idiot. I guess I find out something new about this mod all the time!
Jury-Me

Post by Jury-Me »

Help!))
I was playing GZDoom 4.6.0 on Ubuntu with a mod and I found two "Bulk modpack?" and found that if I have one in my inventory, I cannot pick up the second, but the number of modpacks increases. I threw away all my modpacks, and having only "bulk modpack?", step on the second, and now the number shows 8 and I can't pick up modpacks anymore. :shock:
Attachments
Снимок экрана_2021-07-01_14-45-21.png
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by fakemai »

The Artipack is meant to apply 4 random mods to a weapon but it's buggy, mainly in that it subtracts from the modpack count incorrectly and if you happen to roll an assembly it doesn't work (Fluid Assembly System may be an exception), and possibly other things. It's not meant to appear anymore but it still shows up with LegenDoom Lite from some of the mid-tier legendaries, and it's amazing if you're playing the Mechanoid class from that add-on.
Joey Diamond

Post by Joey Diamond »

The Soulstorm rifle PDA description seems to be outdated. What does the 3rd artifact upgrade actually do? now that it no longer fires 6 projectiles. Just straight damage increase?

And Firestorm mod description still says 'has a chance to fire laser for 6 seconds' despite the changelog.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”