Sonic: Lock & Load

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
SpeedStriker243
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Sonic: Lock & Load [WIP]

Post by SpeedStriker243 »

Doctrine Gamer wrote:I just tested your mod and it's a lot of fun and how I like sonic games I found cool this idea of bringing elements of it to Doom. :thumb:

I didn't understand it was Shadow, is it purposeful that he didn't have weapons or is it something related to sonic's modern games?

I liked the way with you treated the levels of difficulty where the easy is really easy and the hard really hard (obviously) :lol:

I'll be connected to the new updates if my GZDoom doesn't run into trouble.
Shadow has no weapons because I’m still thinking of ideas. XD

Also thanks so much!! That really means a lot :)
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

SpeedStriker243 wrote:
Doctrine Gamer wrote:I just tested your mod and it's a lot of fun and how I like sonic games I found cool this idea of bringing elements of it to Doom. :thumb:

I didn't understand it was Shadow, is it purposeful that he didn't have weapons or is it something related to sonic's modern games?

I liked the way with you treated the levels of difficulty where the easy is really easy and the hard really hard (obviously) :lol:

I found cool was that you changed the intermission texts to be in agreement with the sonic characters and it was pretty cool. :D

I noticed that doomguy still appears at the end of Thy Flesh Consumed but it's a silly detail compared to the concern you had in the details. :thumb:

While in shadow, judging by the patterns of the other weapons could have other types of Doom-style weapons with the predominant colors of the black-type Shadow.

Just a suggestion because the Icon of Sin only dies with rocket launchers but anyway is cool your mod.
SpeedStriker243

Doctrine Gamer wrote:
SpeedStriker243 wrote:

I found cool was that you changed the intermission texts to be in agreement with the sonic characters and it was pretty cool. :D

I noticed that doomguy still appears at the end of Thy Flesh Consumed but it's a silly detail compared to the concern you had in the details.

While in shadow, judging by the patterns of the other weapons could have other types of Doom-style weapons with the predominant colors of the black-type Shadow.

Just a suggestion because the Icon of Sin only dies with rocket launchers but anyway is cool your mod.
1. Thanks! :D
2. Yeah, I don’t plan to change the ending graphics just yet.
3. Maybe.
4. Thanks so much!! :lol:
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

SpeedStriker243 wrote:Funnily enough, Shadow's weapon lineup hasn't even been planned yet.
(Also what the hell else was I gonna do, give Sonic a spin dash for each of his weapons? What do you think this is, Smash Bros?)
Well, I have not played any Sonic game past the third one, but I remember it featuring power-ups that gave Sonic different attacks. Also, I have heard of that infamous entry where the character gets turned into a werewolf (hogwolf?) and as such the game plays like Devil May Cry or something. :geek:

But I am just kidding: I do not really have a problem with Sonic using guns here. If anything, I am taking the piss at SEGA. :P
SpeedStriker243

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:
SpeedStriker243 wrote:Funnily enough, Shadow's weapon lineup hasn't even been planned yet.
(Also what the hell else was I gonna do, give Sonic a spin dash for each of his weapons? What do you think this is, Smash Bros?)
Well, I have not played any Sonic game past the third one, but I remember it featuring power-ups that gave Sonic different attacks. Also, I have heard of that infamous entry where the character gets turned into a werewolf (hogwolf?) and as such the game plays like Devil May Cry or something. :geek:

But I am just kidding: I do not really have a problem with Sonic using guns here. If anything, I am taking the piss at SEGA. :P
XDD

Sonic Unleashed? That’s my favourite in the series!
SpeedStriker243

Bump (sorry if I'm doing it wrong) -- updated the stream, the mod has been changed a lot as well
SpeedStriker243

Re: Sonic: Lock & Load

Bump, changed original post
SpeedStriker243

Re: Sonic: Lock & Load

Massively updated the top post, have it a look :D

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”