Samsara: Extra Heroes (Version C2) + ExMixer (0.81)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Bass5736
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Samsara: Extra Heroes (Version C2) + ExMixer (0.81)

Post by Bass5736 »

Good day sir i liked this mod but can you add Alice liddell from American mcgee Alice postal 2 dude and add assault commander ability to fly and add detonator and mine to caleb and add baratus and dandelion tnx for listening
edgymemester

Post by edgymemester »

if you're still adding classes could you make a Terminator Rampage loadout? There's a TR-themed weapons mod for doom but unfortunately no enemies to go along with it, I'd love to see it some day if possible. Operation Body Count is another one that would go well alongside the existing sets.

And for the Blood weapons set, Mike12 made a blood-styled revolver [https://i.imgur.com/lti3e9z.png] which looks much more stylistically fitting than the one from Zblood (which this mod uses), perhaps it would interest you.

Also I noticed that older versions had an option to select which enemies could appear on individual levels (ie Rott enemies on level 1, Blood enemies on level 10, etc...), that was a pretty cool feature and it's too bad it doesn't appear to be present in the latest version.

lastly there's a rifle weapon for the Wolfenstein class (available when you cheat) but it never appears to spawn in actual gameplay, why is this?
Assassin of Purity
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by Assassin of Purity »

Why did you give Caleb a revolver, and why does it say Nightdive on the Commando's status hud? Shouldn't it say Rouge Entertainment? Also, why isn't there a GoldenEye and Unreal class?
Smashhacker

Post by Smashhacker »

Assassin of Purity wrote:Why did you give Caleb a revolver
Probably because Caleb doesn't really have a pistol-tier weapon in the original game (before you ask, giving the flare gun infinite ammo would make it too strong, especially with its alt-fire), and starting Caleb with no pistol weapon would put him at a severe disadvantage compared to other classes. Also the revolver is a reference to ZBlood, one of the many projects to bring Blood outside its DOS-only hell before Fresh Supply was a thing.
Assassin of Purity wrote:Also, why isn't there a GoldenEye and Unreal class?
Making a GoldenEye class on Zandronum would be absolute hell to port, especially with the weapon swaying and Aim Mode mechanic. There was an goldeneye addon on a samsara zandronum server and it was far too buggy to even play.
There has been an Unreal class in the works during the old Samsara days, but I'm pretty sure that has been cancelled.
Assassin of Purity

Smashhacker wrote:
Assassin of Purity wrote:Why did you give Caleb a revolver
Probably because Caleb doesn't really have a pistol-tier weapon in the original game (before you ask, giving the flare gun infinite ammo would make it too strong, especially with its alt-fire), and starting Caleb with no pistol weapon would put him at a severe disadvantage compared to other classes. Also the revolver is a reference to ZBlood, one of the many projects to bring Blood outside its DOS-only hell before Fresh Supply was a thing.
Assassin of Purity wrote:Also, why isn't there a GoldenEye and Unreal class?
Making a GoldenEye class on Zandronum would be absolute hell to port, especially with the weapon swaying and Aim Mode mechanic. There was an goldeneye addon on a samsara zandronum server and it was far too buggy to even play.
There has been an Unreal class in the works during the old Samsara days, but I'm pretty sure that has been cancelled.
There's Strikerman's GoldenEye weapons mod for Skulltag.

Hopefully someone brings back the Unreal work for Samsara.

As for the revolver, the style Edgy posted could be used, and given an alt fire to go along well with the other weapon.
BFG

Post by BFG »

You two should join the discord in the OP, I am sure you wont be disappointed :wink:
Maggle

Post by Maggle »

Hey, dev here! There's literally a goldeneye class in the build we're working on now, and there's open betas you can check out.
Assassin of Purity

Maggle wrote:Hey, dev here! There's literally a goldeneye class in the build we're working on now, and there's open betas you can check out.
How did you set the class up?
kalensar
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): linux mint 21
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by kalensar »

Assassin of Purity wrote:
Maggle wrote:Hey, dev here! There's literally a goldeneye class in the build we're working on now, and there's open betas you can check out.
How did you set the class up?

Magic.

But serious, I think they rigged the "classes" up as Difficulty settings in order to get the monster spawns to correctly. I don't know though since I havent actually played this mod
Venetin
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Venetin »

I'm doing all the loading correct for my server and yet I still get the parsing error. Running on Zandro 2 or 3 does not make a difference.

Screenshot here of my load order in case someone wants to argue that; https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png

I wish i knew what the hell was wrong with it, but it does this "tried to register x class" spam into the server console and then it just eats it. :/

EDIT: So i guess that was all me not troubleshooting more. Apparently this version's standalone like the other guy's saying. Idk why you'd do that when the previous iteration (HA1) was an addon to the base mod, but.. it works now so
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

I have been enjoying this mod a lot. So here are a few suggestions for it.
1. Have an optional cvar/addon that allows the ammo for each game to correspond to certain weapons only via a smart randomizer. (ie Shadow Warrior Railgiun and dismembered head have seperate ammo if that isn't the same source in the respective vanilla game.
2. Add the remaining weapons to the the various classes. For example, the Half Life class (satchel charges, tripmines, etc.)
3. Please add these classes if you could; Soldier of Fortune 1, serious Sam First and Second Encounter, and a Daikatana Class.
That is all for right now.
MidKnight91939

Post by MidKnight91939 »

Missed opportunity to include Duke Nukem or the Postal Dude.
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them

Post by wildweasel »

MidKnight91939 wrote:Missed opportunity to include Duke Nukem or the Postal Dude.
Duke already exists in Samsara.
MidKnight91939

Post by MidKnight91939 »

The mod won't work in the newest version of GZDoom.
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them

Post by wildweasel »

MidKnight91939 wrote:The mod won't work in the newest version of GZDoom.
What specifically isn't working? Are there error messages?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”