As seen in my StrifeCooplivestreams! Made this for personal use and was quickly thrown together in the most simple and minimalistic way possible.
Just a HP bar. Nothing else!
Intentionally no customizability. I wanted to keep it clean and simple.
Can be toggled on and off. Useful in a coop game where some players may not want their screen to be cluttered, but all players must have the mod loaded to prevent desyncs.
The bar's position will always be drawn such so that it will never obscure your pickup messages. It also respects message scale settings and the number of lines as determined by the 'con_notifylines' CVAR.
MIT license (see LICENSE.txt).
26th May 2021:
- Rewrote target-finding system, it now ignores player auto-aim setting, and has unlimited distance
- Use white as the font colour
Spoiler: Old updates
23rd May 2021:
- Updated the mod to only run with GZDoom 4.6.0
It's ingenious. I like it even more than Xaser's "Universal Damage Numbers". Both mods serve similar purposes, but yours lets you also see how much damage you still have to inflict to down the enemy, which is even better. Simple and functional, a classic Nash!
I could imagine two more options (if there was supposed to be some customizability after all):
- Toggle between HP bar for all enemies and bosses only (could be part of the On/Off switch to minimize amount of needed CVARs)
- Override default text color with white in all games (especially Doom would profit from this since red letters don't look so good with red background)
The font color change is definitely an improvement. Regarding that autoaim adjustment... it's a double-edged sword for me. On one hand, you now don't have HP bars popping up without actually having any enemy in your crosshair, but on the other hand, if you play with autoaim on and mouse aiming off (like I usually do), you now wouldn't get any bars for enemies located above or below you.
Last edited by NightFright on Wed May 26, 2021 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.