Hello, in the past few days I started working on replacing the Doom 1/2 textures with Doom 3 ones, they are truecolor but low res (same res as the vanilla textures in fact), and should work with some mapsets, it replaces all vanilla Doom 1, 2 and Final Doom textures plus a few more PWAD ones such as SIGIL's, and it should work as a Zandronum skin folder autoload pk3 file.
The pack is not necesarily final and I may come back to it in the future, with more updates like tweaks and more PWAD support
changelog for Doom 3 textures for Doom v4.2
- gave more depth to the small door texture
- replaced the flag patches with more unique feeling ones
- updated the old brown valve wall patch from Doom 1
- recolored every instance of water to a less saturated version
- updated the PIVY3 and Spiderweb patches from TNT:Evilution
- fixed and redid the dark metal door patches for Doom 2 Dark World's support
- added support for the next PWADs: Plutonia 2 and Plutonia Revisited (partial only, but can be patched if you know how to do it), Alien Vendetta, Hell Revealed 2
Doom 3 textures credits:
Return To Castle Wolfenstein textures credits:
Gray Matter Interactive
Doom 2016 Icon of Sin face texture credits:
New SP_FACE texture credits:
H. R. Giger
D64D2 skies credits:
Deathless support credits:
ItsNatureToDie (Cyberdemon marb wall texture)
TNT skyboxes taken from: https://www.quaddicted.com/webarchive/k ... boxes.html
Credits to Kothic for them.
Compiled and Edited by Craneo
v2 has been released and with it some tweaks and fixes as well as textures for the Plutonia Experiment support, not fully tested but they should work.
I was thinking if I should add a poll on whenever or not I should add support for some PWADs too, since I am unsure on how "allowed" it would be (I had in mind adding support for Doom 2 Dark World, for example).
Brett, that looks pretty cool! more dark texturepacks for Doom is always welcome!
and Facinora, thanks! may want to update the showcase thought as I went and recolored all wood textures since the old ones stood out too much and were too colorful.
for v2.1 I changed one of the Plutonia textures that didn't tile too well, and recolored all the wood textures to be darker, now they feel more "creepy" in levels I feel.
New update released, mostly minor changes, but generally nice I guess.
changelog for Doom 3 textures for Doom 1/2 3.1
- new tech switch textures, no more confusing and generic switches
- changed COMP flats, TOMW2 wall patch and DOOR2_1 door patch to better fit with the SHAWN textures surrounding them
- changed the PAN- texture set's green/brown panel textures
I'm still debating whenever or not I can do TNT support since a lot of it's textures seem to be hard to replicate
changelog for Doom 3 textures for Doom 1/2 3.2
- restored the "grass" into being grass and not sand/dirt
- changed the TOMW2 wall patches... AGAIN, this time to try to make the screens fit in with the original's dimensions
- changed the PAN- patches... AGAIN, this time to make the detailing in the wood stand out more, as before it was kinda blurry
- extended the bossbrain lava texture so that it can work with wads that use it as a lavafall
- added Icon of Sin patches
- added the Wolfenstein 3D patches (MAP31, MAP32)
- replaced the old REDROCK patches with imho more fitting ones
- now the zip includes a paletted, .wad format version of the pack (not confirmed to work on non-ZDoom ports thought)